Mark Toia is something of a legend amongst the RED community and he was one of the first people to get their hands on a Helium-powered Weapon (well, the first according to Jarred Land). This 6:06 is what he’s shot with it and, we have to say, it’s rather mind-blowing.
Whether it’s just because out own predilections lead us down this path, or whether it’s because there’s great kit out there facilitating it, but there’s an increasing amount of stunning night footage appearing out there. And Miguel Angel Langa’s Night Lights is one of the best.
There is a lot of footage leaking out on the web from various new cameras at the moment, but we were particularly impressed with this Canon EOS C300 Mark II footage shot for the unit’s Australian release — all 15 stops of it.
Sony is currently promoting its a6500 stills camera with some video of an impressively unsafe-looking pyrotechnic ritual from Japan's Chubu region.
As you’ll remember from last week, Lutify.me helped Jonny Mass from Abandon Visuals make ‘The Underdog‘, a short film showcasing the new RED Helium 8K sensor in a mere 24 hours. Now it’s sharing some of the ungraded footage from the camera too.
The camera might not be with us yet, but French-based DoP Pascal Délé’s ‘Empara Directors Cut’ shows just what the forthcoming unit’s sensor is capable of.
Ready to make your next video project shine? Need more extra quality elements? Low on budget? Download more than 100 free video assets for commercial and personal use. Read on!
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24333) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (13905) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8784) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (7927) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 - (6484) Panasonic reveals the GH5: and it’s a stunner
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (1736) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (690) An Apple Studios original?
- Sunday 15 Jan 2017 - (911) Premiere Pro Video Transitions 101: A Step-by-Step Guide [sponsored]
- Saturday 14 Jan 2017 - (726) Finding the sweet spot for camera design
- Saturday 14 Jan 2017 - (642) What Robert Altman's work can teach us about film audio