A new start-up is marketing complete footage from indie short films, including production scripts and even project files, as teaching tools for schools and anyone who's interested in learning editing and building a reel. And there's a financial incentive for the short makers, too.
Four years after Apple pulled the plug, Final Cut Pro 7 still plays an important role in the industry. But, with rumours that it will not run on the forthcoming El Capitan OS growing, how long can editors keep relying on it? By Andrew Johnstone.
Into the top half of our Top Ten countdown and this opinion piece from Clayton Moore: Ahead of a significant Apple event on Thursday (this was back in October) he wondered how the company's wildly successful efforts in the consumer space could point to a future NLE resurgence and the rebirth of Final Cut Pro.
Larry Jordan is a well known video industry figure, whose webcasts are listened to in 175 countries. We asked him about editing, color correction, the cloud, and whether he's looking forward to April's NAB - the biggest show of the year
RedShark Replay: NLEs (Non Linear Editors - computer editing systems) have transformed the creative process since they were first introduced a quarter of a century ago. But how do they actually work?
Opinion: Final Cut Pro 10.3 requires Apple’s El Capitan 10.11.4 or greater which, for some users, means having to make some harsh choices. Ned Soltz is unimpressed.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17224) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12153) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7121) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5840) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5480) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (62) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (512) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1440) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1806) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1377) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]