Larry Jordan is a well known video industry figure, whose webcasts are listened to in 175 countries. We asked him about editing, color correction, the cloud, and whether he's looking forward to April's NAB - the biggest show of the year
Four years after Apple pulled the plug, Final Cut Pro 7 still plays an important role in the industry. But, with rumours that it will not run on the forthcoming El Capitan OS growing, how long can editors keep relying on it? By Andrew Johnstone.
Into the top half of our Top Ten countdown and this opinion piece from Clayton Moore: Ahead of a significant Apple event on Thursday (this was back in October) he wondered how the company's wildly successful efforts in the consumer space could point to a future NLE resurgence and the rebirth of Final Cut Pro.
RedShark Replay: NLEs (Non Linear Editors - computer editing systems) have transformed the creative process since they were first introduced a quarter of a century ago. But how do they actually work?
Apple's controversial FCP X has received an update timed to coincide with the release of the new Mac Pro
A new start-up is marketing complete footage from indie short films, including production scripts and even project files, as teaching tools for schools and anyone who's interested in learning editing and building a reel. And there's a financial incentive for the short makers, too.
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24333) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (13901) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8784) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (7926) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 - (6483) Panasonic reveals the GH5: and it’s a stunner
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (1714) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (688) An Apple Studios original?
- Sunday 15 Jan 2017 - (911) Premiere Pro Video Transitions 101: A Step-by-Step Guide [sponsored]
- Saturday 14 Jan 2017 - (726) Finding the sweet spot for camera design
- Saturday 14 Jan 2017 - (642) What Robert Altman's work can teach us about film audio