RedShark's 12 Days of Christmas Replays: Arguments - even traditional Boxing Day ones - about film vs digital are more numerous and more subtle than "which looks better?". It affects everything. Here's what people at the coal-face think. By Matt Aindow
We delve into the topic of IMAX projection systems, as a technical format and exhibition standard, and look to its future.
How Atsuki Sato and his team used Adobe Premiere Pro CC to complete Hideaki Anno's monster film on time.
We're pretty sure Arri doesn't need any help from us to sell their popular Alexa cameras, but we found this clip from an Arri-staged event at IBC 2012 that features Roger Deakins, the award-winning Chief Cinematographer on Skyfall.
Can film in the UK make a comeback? Cinelabs International certainly seem to think so, as they have just acquired Bucks Media Services which is one of the few small film labs left in the UK
RedShark Replay: ISO ratings made perfect sense in the days of photochemical film but only serve to muddy the waters when it comes to assessing camera performance in the digital age.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17736) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12229) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5990) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5930) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5479) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (410) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (524) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1038) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1109) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1008) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options