You may think we're hammering it a bit with the Sony F65, what with our piece on Belle, and with our forthcoming article on what differentiates the F65 from the F55, but let's be clear about this: we are actually at the point where you can make better films with video than you ever could with celluloid - and that's worth a significant amount of coverage
Film is back! People are actually designing and making film cameras again. And this one uses accessible film stock - Super 8mmm
This holiday we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time. Toda, we're drilling down to the essence of the difference between analogue and digital. Here's Phil Rhodes' take on this persistent question. It's a fascinating read, and is pretty definitive on the subject.
We're pretty sure Arri doesn't need any help from us to sell their popular Alexa cameras, but we found this clip from an Arri-staged event at IBC 2012 that features Roger Deakins, the award-winning Chief Cinematographer on Skyfall.
RedShark Replay: ISO ratings made perfect sense in the days of photochemical film but only serve to muddy the waters when it comes to assessing camera performance in the digital age.
Here's another chance to read our review of the amazing Film Convert. (Note that this was first published in November 2013). Even in a world dominated by pixels and the "new aesthetic" there are a number of us who still love the seemingly undefinable look of celluloid film. Now, you can match it with digital video, very closely. In a major new review of Film Convert, Peter Haas shows how
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16810) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12065) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10890) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7104) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5805) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (128) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (248) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1192) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1076) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (926) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR