RedShark Replay: It just won’t go away, will it? However much you can prove with specifications that digital video is indisputably better than film, there’s a stubborn feeling that there’s more to it than the simple-to-prove facts. We think we've identified one, subtle, process that helps film to store more visible information than digital.
It's a suggestion that runs directly counter to the past few years’ worth of digitisation efforts, but the producers of feature documentary ‘Side by Side’ have chosen to archive their movie on film stock. They might have a point
If you're still taking pictures with film, there are still quite a few places that will develop it for you, and some, even, who will scan the images send them to you in a digital form. But what do you do if you've discovered a stash of old film footage?
- Sunday 24 Apr 2016 - (21077) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 26 Apr 2016 - (8482) The world's smallest 4K interchangeable lens camera
- Friday 15 Apr 2016 - (8374) The Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera: "A great addition to anyone's arsenal."
- Friday 15 Apr 2016 - (7988) 5 things every video editor should have on their hard drive [sponsored]
- Monday 18 Apr 2016 - (6323) Dramatic updates for URSA Mini and new products from Blackmagic
- Friday 29 Apr 2016 - (171) Don't panic - it's just log!
- Friday 29 Apr 2016 - (1454) 3 ways to help if you have to use a different NLE
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (784) RedShark's Teradek NAB live tv shows - Episode I, Nick Rashby, President, AJA
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (663) The Zeiss VR One: an important headset for the future?
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (1115) Why Optical Disc Archive? [sponsored]