You may think we're hammering it a bit with the Sony F65, what with our piece on Belle, and with our forthcoming article on what differentiates the F65 from the F55, but let's be clear about this: we are actually at the point where you can make better films with video than you ever could with celluloid - and that's worth a significant amount of coverage
Digital video can now demonstrably beat film in every way. So why do we keep comparing the two?
This holiday we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time. Toda, we're drilling down to the essence of the difference between analogue and digital. Here's Phil Rhodes' take on this persistent question. It's a fascinating read, and is pretty definitive on the subject.
RedShark's 12 Days of Christmas Replays: Arguments - even traditional Boxing Day ones - about film vs digital are more numerous and more subtle than "which looks better?". It affects everything. Here's what people at the coal-face think. By Matt Aindow
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (95025) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (39006) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22690) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (6095) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Tuesday 18 Oct 2016 - (4890) Panasonic AG-UX90 4K mid-sized camcorder on test
- Tuesday 25 Oct 2016 - (3603) Apple could dominate the entire NLE space with the next Final Cut Pro
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (412) None more black: recreating the majesty of Dark Skies [sponsored]
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (1110) The good news about high resolution and storage
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (981) Get illuminated with Logickeyboard’s new backlit Astra keyboard
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (1226) The actual cost of your iPhone camera