"...it's perhaps surprising that the Super-8 film format is still – in what we might have expected to be the twilight of its years – quite popular. The popularity of retro-styled web imaging services like Instagram is another instance of what I suspect may be the same trend, and goes some way toward confirming the suspicion that distressed images are now just as fashionable as distressed jeans"
This holiday we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time. Toda, we're drilling down to the essence of the difference between analogue and digital. Here's Phil Rhodes' take on this persistent question. It's a fascinating read, and is pretty definitive on the subject.
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (45176) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17848) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14889) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9794) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7631) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (660) Easy drag-and-drop video effects clips from Rampant
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (5666) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (1224) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (3966) How to calibrate your monitor
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (2200) New brushless 3-axis GoPro control adds pan & tilt