Here's another chance to read this great article by Phil Rhodes on why cameras need global shutters. Cheaper, cinematic cameras come with a cost - they tend to have Rolling Shutters, which means that rapid movement can be skewed. The ability to buy cameras with global shutters at all price points can't come soon enough, according to Phil Rhodes
DaVinci Resolve 10 is one of the applications that has been optimised to run on the new Mac Pro and now, thanks to Dado Valentic from Mytherapy, we can see just how fast it runs. You may be surprised at some of the results!
With Sony's F55 shaping up to be such a good device, it's reasonable to wonder about the future role of Sony's flagship camera, the F65. We spoke to Richard Lewis, Product Specialist for Cimenatography at Sony Europe, to get some definitive answers
As we saw in my previous article on sensor technology, we can now build sensors with enormous numbers attached to them - if not trivially, at least reliably. Given that current 4K sensors are more than adequate to replace 35mm film in terms of sheer resolution, we need to be careful about turning this into a numbers game.
You may think we're hammering it a bit with the Sony F65, what with our piece on Belle, and with our forthcoming article on what differentiates the F65 from the F55, but let's be clear about this: we are actually at the point where you can make better films with video than you ever could with celluloid - and that's worth a significant amount of coverage
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17756) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12231) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6006) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5937) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5481) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (454) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (551) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1053) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1121) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1013) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options