DaVinci Resolve 10 is one of the applications that has been optimised to run on the new Mac Pro and now, thanks to Dado Valentic from Mytherapy, we can see just how fast it runs. You may be surprised at some of the results!
Unlike the vast majority of independent films, we decided to film “La Vie Nous Appartient” with a high-end camera - in this case, the Sony F65. This might have seemed a somewhat daunting task, considering our more than low budget, and our choice to film all by hand in a rocky terrain. But it was important to us to give our sensitive story the quality it deserved
With Sony's F55 shaping up to be such a good device, it's reasonable to wonder about the future role of Sony's flagship camera, the F65. We spoke to Richard Lewis, Product Specialist for Cimenatography at Sony Europe, to get some definitive answers
You may think we're hammering it a bit with the Sony F65, what with our piece on Belle, and with our forthcoming article on what differentiates the F65 from the F55, but let's be clear about this: we are actually at the point where you can make better films with video than you ever could with celluloid - and that's worth a significant amount of coverage
Sony Professional now has a new resource to broadcast Sony 4K news, tips and curated playlists of user videos shot on Sony cameras.
IBC is a convention for the moving image industry that is second only to NAB. It's an event that's amazing in its size and scope. We haven't been around long enough to have our own official awards, so here's my own ideosyncratic top three from this year's show, in reverse order
You wouldn't expect any film with Tom Cruise in it to be short on production values and Oblivion proves the point. Shot in shimmering 4K with Sony's F65, it relies less overtly on computer-generated special effects than other sci-fi blockbusters
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38346) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25043) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9861) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8519) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6435) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1706) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (595) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (1064) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (965) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (492) How to complain effectively