RedShark Summer Replay: HDR means that TVs will be able to show videos that handle light in the same way as real-life. In our view, it's much more important than merely having more pixels, and the good news is that it's compatible with some existing cameras!
With Sony's F55 shaping up to be such a good device, it's reasonable to wonder about the future role of Sony's flagship camera, the F65. We spoke to Richard Lewis, Product Specialist for Cimenatography at Sony Europe, to get some definitive answers
You wouldn't expect any film with Tom Cruise in it to be short on production values and Oblivion proves the point. Shot in shimmering 4K with Sony's F65, it relies less overtly on computer-generated special effects than other sci-fi blockbusters
DaVinci Resolve 10 is one of the applications that has been optimised to run on the new Mac Pro and now, thanks to Dado Valentic from Mytherapy, we can see just how fast it runs. You may be surprised at some of the results!
Unlike the vast majority of independent films, we decided to film “La Vie Nous Appartient” with a high-end camera - in this case, the Sony F65. This might have seemed a somewhat daunting task, considering our more than low budget, and our choice to film all by hand in a rocky terrain. But it was important to us to give our sensitive story the quality it deserved
It's kind of surprising to see a top-end camera like the F65 being used in smaller independent films. But the reality is that it's not so expensive and difficult to operate that it's out of range of this type of production. And here's the proof
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46409) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17122) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (11986) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11374) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (10999) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (350) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1238) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1515) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2720) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1793) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite