With Sony's F55 shaping up to be such a good device, it's reasonable to wonder about the future role of Sony's flagship camera, the F65. We spoke to Richard Lewis, Product Specialist for Cimenatography at Sony Europe, to get some definitive answers
Here's another chance to read this great article by Phil Rhodes on why cameras need global shutters. Cheaper, cinematic cameras come with a cost - they tend to have Rolling Shutters, which means that rapid movement can be skewed. The ability to buy cameras with global shutters at all price points can't come soon enough, according to Phil Rhodes
Just in case you're not fully up to speed with HDR and its importance, a quick rewind to just after IBC2014 when Dolby first introduced Dolby Vision and a look at some of the underlying principles.
Phil Rhodes takes a detailed look at the Sony FS5, a small yet powerful 4K shooter, and considers its place in an increasingly crowded market.
You may think we're hammering it a bit with the Sony F65, what with our piece on Belle, and with our forthcoming article on what differentiates the F65 from the F55, but let's be clear about this: we are actually at the point where you can make better films with video than you ever could with celluloid - and that's worth a significant amount of coverage
Can you make a feature film with an iPhone? Well, "yes" is the answer if you don't mind a slightly fuzzy-looking picture on a big screen, and if you sit far enough away, but you can certainly get a cinematic "look" if you use cinema-type techniques when you make your film, and some software to give your work its finishing touches.
- Saturday 14 May 2016 - (20575) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20253) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (18574) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (12763) Five things a Colorist would like to say to a DP
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (10705) 7 Free Motion Design Assets for Video Editors [sponsored]
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (344) LEDs and the power to (battery) weight ratio
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (891) Update on the sale of Sony Vegas to Magix (Further update: Sony's own statement).
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (681) Europe mulls quota on streaming content
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (3161) Sony sells Vegas and more to Magix
- Tuesday 24 May 2016 - (1512) BigFly's impressive drone showreel