DaVinci Resolve 10 is one of the applications that has been optimised to run on the new Mac Pro and now, thanks to Dado Valentic from Mytherapy, we can see just how fast it runs. You may be surprised at some of the results!
With Sony's F55 shaping up to be such a good device, it's reasonable to wonder about the future role of Sony's flagship camera, the F65. We spoke to Richard Lewis, Product Specialist for Cimenatography at Sony Europe, to get some definitive answers
You may think we're hammering it a bit with the Sony F65, what with our piece on Belle, and with our forthcoming article on what differentiates the F65 from the F55, but let's be clear about this: we are actually at the point where you can make better films with video than you ever could with celluloid - and that's worth a significant amount of coverage
This is the first of two articles featuring the Sony F65 - currently widely considered to be the best cinematography camera in the world, and the only one to output a true 4K from its 8K sensor. In this RedShark exclusive, Andy Stout talks to DoP Ben Smithard about his approach to shooting period drama Belle with this 4K camera
Why is there such a huge difference in the price of some cameras, which might both be supposedly "Cinema Quality"?
IBC is a convention for the moving image industry that is second only to NAB. It's an event that's amazing in its size and scope. We haven't been around long enough to have our own official awards, so here's my own ideosyncratic top three from this year's show, in reverse order
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (45176) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17848) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14889) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9794) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7631) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (660) Easy drag-and-drop video effects clips from Rampant
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (5666) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (1224) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (3966) How to calibrate your monitor
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (2200) New brushless 3-axis GoPro control adds pan & tilt