Sony Professional now has a new resource to broadcast Sony 4K news, tips and curated playlists of user videos shot on Sony cameras.
RedShark Replay: Why is there such a huge difference in the price of some cameras, which might both be supposedly "Cinema Quality"?
As we saw in my previous article on sensor technology, we can now build sensors with enormous numbers attached to them - if not trivially, at least reliably. Given that current 4K sensors are more than adequate to replace 35mm film in terms of sheer resolution, we need to be careful about turning this into a numbers game.
Unlike the vast majority of independent films, we decided to film “La Vie Nous Appartient” with a high-end camera - in this case, the Sony F65. This might have seemed a somewhat daunting task, considering our more than low budget, and our choice to film all by hand in a rocky terrain. But it was important to us to give our sensitive story the quality it deserved
You wouldn't expect any film with Tom Cruise in it to be short on production values and Oblivion proves the point. Shot in shimmering 4K with Sony's F65, it relies less overtly on computer-generated special effects than other sci-fi blockbusters
With Sony's F55 shaping up to be such a good device, it's reasonable to wonder about the future role of Sony's flagship camera, the F65. We spoke to Richard Lewis, Product Specialist for Cimenatography at Sony Europe, to get some definitive answers
- Saturday 24 Sep 2016 - (34260) Did someone wipe the moon landing tapes?
- Saturday 17 Sep 2016 - (27895) Why are some cameras so expensive while others are so cheap?
- Thursday 22 Sep 2016 - (23177) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Friday 16 Sep 2016 - (8942) A massive boost in bandwidth makes 8K inevitable and 16K feasible
- Monday 19 Sep 2016 - (6865) Panasonic unveils new GH5 prototype
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (316) The end of Apple Quicktime on Windows means problems for ProRes
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (885) An amazing hyperlapse, years in the making
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (603) Watch Again! RedShark and Sony's live streaming masterclass from NYC!
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (1599) Olympus’ new image stabilisation is insanely powerful
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (1140) DJI's new Mavic Pro revolutionises the small drone market