It's kind of surprising to see a top-end camera like the F65 being used in smaller independent films. But the reality is that it's not so expensive and difficult to operate that it's out of range of this type of production. And here's the proof
Why is there such a huge difference in the price of some cameras, which might both be supposedly "Cinema Quality"?
You may think we're hammering it a bit with the Sony F65, what with our piece on Belle, and with our forthcoming article on what differentiates the F65 from the F55, but let's be clear about this: we are actually at the point where you can make better films with video than you ever could with celluloid - and that's worth a significant amount of coverage
DaVinci Resolve 10 is one of the applications that has been optimised to run on the new Mac Pro and now, thanks to Dado Valentic from Mytherapy, we can see just how fast it runs. You may be surprised at some of the results!
With Sony's F55 shaping up to be such a good device, it's reasonable to wonder about the future role of Sony's flagship camera, the F65. We spoke to Richard Lewis, Product Specialist for Cimenatography at Sony Europe, to get some definitive answers
Can you make a feature film with an iPhone? Well, "yes" is the answer if you don't mind a slightly fuzzy-looking picture on a big screen, and if you sit far enough away, but you can certainly get a cinematic "look" if you use cinema-type techniques when you make your film, and some software to give your work its finishing touches.
Unlike the vast majority of independent films, we decided to film “La Vie Nous Appartient” with a high-end camera - in this case, the Sony F65. This might have seemed a somewhat daunting task, considering our more than low budget, and our choice to film all by hand in a rocky terrain. But it was important to us to give our sensitive story the quality it deserved
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (21206) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (15793) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (12855) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11134) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 - (7302) Infographic: The importance of ergonomics [Sponsored]
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (409) Shooting sports cinematically...with prime lenses
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1274) Is the standard lens just a myth?
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (667) How cloud-based production embraces the human element [Sponsored]
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (3658) Nvidia’s new GTX Titan X: the home-brew DaVinci grading suite just became even easier and cheaper
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (3624) IBC2016 updates from Canon, Cooke & more