Why do people put video from one of the world's top cameras on YouTube with the expectation that we can judge the quality of the material? Just to make it perfectly clear: video on YouTube is highly compressed.
DaVinci Resolve 10 is one of the applications that has been optimised to run on the new Mac Pro and now, thanks to Dado Valentic from Mytherapy, we can see just how fast it runs. You may be surprised at some of the results!
After two weeks of teasing, the NewF is here. And the big surprise is that the NewF is not just a camera but rather an entire ecosystem. Ned Soltz, our NY reporter, brings us the details.
With Sony's F55 shaping up to be such a good device, it's reasonable to wonder about the future role of Sony's flagship camera, the F65. We spoke to Richard Lewis, Product Specialist for Cimenatography at Sony Europe, to get some definitive answers
Since 2009 the National Theatre in London has been broadcasting selected productions to Digital Cinemas around the world. On the 27th of February they will set a new standard when they broadcast "War Horse" live via satellite in 4K
- Saturday 24 Sep 2016 - (34269) Did someone wipe the moon landing tapes?
- Saturday 17 Sep 2016 - (27905) Why are some cameras so expensive while others are so cheap?
- Thursday 22 Sep 2016 - (23183) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Friday 16 Sep 2016 - (9127) A massive boost in bandwidth makes 8K inevitable and 16K feasible
- Monday 19 Sep 2016 - (6873) Panasonic unveils new GH5 prototype
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (634) The end of Apple Quicktime on Windows means problems for ProRes
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (1166) An amazing hyperlapse, years in the making
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (647) Watch Again! RedShark and Sony's live streaming masterclass from NYC!
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (1828) Olympus’ new image stabilisation is insanely powerful
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (1176) DJI's new Mavic Pro revolutionises the small drone market