We don't think anyone was expecting this. This is such a NON Sony thing. Sony has just announced on their Community website that the Sony F5 and F55 will be able to have a hardware upgrade to two of the most popular post production formats: ProRes and DNxHD
Sony is releasing firmware updates for its popular F55, F5 and FS7 cameras, unlocking new functionality for these venerable favorites. But in order to take full advantage of these updates, it may cost you.
It dawned on me just the other day: we are living in the future. There is so much innovation and new technology around us that it no longer feels like we're merely living in the present. It's as if we're in a science fiction movie where we've been transported forward by ten or twenty years
With Sony's F55 shaping up to be such a good device, it's reasonable to wonder about the future role of Sony's flagship camera, the F65. We spoke to Richard Lewis, Product Specialist for Cimenatography at Sony Europe, to get some definitive answers
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46371) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17098) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (11976) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (10969) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (10793) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (112) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1170) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1406) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2623) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1708) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite