It dawned on me just the other day: we are living in the future. There is so much innovation and new technology around us that it no longer feels like we're merely living in the present. It's as if we're in a science fiction movie where we've been transported forward by ten or twenty years
Why do people put video from one of the world's top cameras on YouTube with the expectation that we can judge the quality of the material? Just to make it perfectly clear: video on YouTube is highly compressed.
Last Sunday a Lionel Messi hat-trick helped Barcelona to a remarkable 3-4 victory over Real Madrid 3-4 away at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium. And this time Messi's footballing genius was captured for posterity in full 4K glory.
We don't think anyone was expecting this. This is such a NON Sony thing. Sony has just announced on their Community website that the Sony F5 and F55 will be able to have a hardware upgrade to two of the most popular post production formats: ProRes and DNxHD
We understand that Sony's prices for the F5 and F55 cameras will be released on Tuesday 27th November. This eagerly awaited announcement has the potential to reshape the digital cinematography landscape
Sony announces F5 upgrade path to F55 and new A7s full frame 4K DSLR - and reveals a new, confident stragety for media production at their 2014 NAB press conference
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (43806) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30562) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21510) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19530) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14611) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Wednesday 2 Dec 2015 - (312) How real life can trump VFX - even in space
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (1131) RedShark Exclusive Competition: Win a Panasonic DVX200 - one of the most talked about cameras of the year
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (717) Will AMD's new CAD-centric FirePro W4300 graphics card also be good for film?
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (5982) This is how ARRI makes cameras - RedShark Exclusive
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (2336) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?