Hollywood equipment house AbelCine has been serving the needs of professionals for years. Now they're educating pros too, with two videos explaining Sony F55 camera and post workflow.
With Sony's F55 shaping up to be such a good device, it's reasonable to wonder about the future role of Sony's flagship camera, the F65. We spoke to Richard Lewis, Product Specialist for Cimenatography at Sony Europe, to get some definitive answers
We understand that Sony's prices for the F5 and F55 cameras will be released on Tuesday 27th November. This eagerly awaited announcement has the potential to reshape the digital cinematography landscape
Sony keeps the firmware updates coming, this time adding improvements and features to the F55 and F5 cameras.
We were a little bit underwhelmed when we saw the first footage from the F55, not because there's anything wrong with the camera - far from it; but because it was shot incredibly flat, and we kind of expected something a bit more eye-catching than that. The whole experience set us off on what was essentially a rant about how you shouldn't use YouTube or Vimeo to judge the quality of a camera
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38550) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25205) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10317) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8696) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6562) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (159) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (740) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (589) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (964) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (4421) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price