Sony announces F5 upgrade path to F55 and new A7s full frame 4K DSLR - and reveals a new, confident stragety for media production at their 2014 NAB press conference
Why do people put video from one of the world's top cameras on YouTube with the expectation that we can judge the quality of the material? Just to make it perfectly clear: video on YouTube is highly compressed.
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
We don't think anyone was expecting this. This is such a NON Sony thing. Sony has just announced on their Community website that the Sony F5 and F55 will be able to have a hardware upgrade to two of the most popular post production formats: ProRes and DNxHD
Hollywood equipment house AbelCine has been serving the needs of professionals for years. Now they're educating pros too, with two videos explaining Sony F55 camera and post workflow.
I recently had several hours to play with a pre-release Sony PMW-F55 camera. Sony also supplied me with 2 64gb SxsPro+ cards, the AXS-5 4K recorder, one AXSM 4K media storage, the new LCD viewfinder, the new Olivine battery, and last but hardly least, a new Sony 85mm prime lens
We were a little bit underwhelmed when we saw the first footage from the F55, not because there's anything wrong with the camera - far from it; but because it was shot incredibly flat, and we kind of expected something a bit more eye-catching than that. The whole experience set us off on what was essentially a rant about how you shouldn't use YouTube or Vimeo to judge the quality of a camera
After two weeks of teasing, the NewF is here. And the big surprise is that the NewF is not just a camera but rather an entire ecosystem. Ned Soltz, our NY reporter, brings us the details.
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (21940) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (15959) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (12977) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11190) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 - (7506) Infographic: The importance of ergonomics [Sponsored]
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (391) AMD Radeon accelerates GPU performance 5x to deal with 8K
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (1002) Blackmagic's Fusion 8.2 coming to Linux in both free and paid versions
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (1456) The fastest Nvidia GPU ever: the new Pascal-based Quadro P6000
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1131) Atomos firmware update brings HDR support to non-HDR displays
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1078) Shooting sports cinematically...with prime lenses