Here's another chance to read this great article by Phil Rhodes on why cameras need global shutters. Cheaper, cinematic cameras come with a cost - they tend to have Rolling Shutters, which means that rapid movement can be skewed. The ability to buy cameras with global shutters at all price points can't come soon enough, according to Phil Rhodes
We understand that Sony's prices for the F5 and F55 cameras will be released on Tuesday 27th November. This eagerly awaited announcement has the potential to reshape the digital cinematography landscape
Sony announces F5 upgrade path to F55 and new A7s full frame 4K DSLR - and reveals a new, confident stragety for media production at their 2014 NAB press conference
Sony Professional now has a new resource to broadcast Sony 4K news, tips and curated playlists of user videos shot on Sony cameras.
Sony keeps the firmware updates coming, this time adding improvements and features to the F55 and F5 cameras.
A recent Sony event had some interesting insights on how current ENG and Super-35 cinema cameras compare to one another (and how well one could shoot in the other's style).
- Tuesday 6 Dec 2016 - (14879) The RED Epic-W: the best dual purpose still/cinematography camera yet?
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (8071) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (7241) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (4225) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (4125) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface
- Friday 9 Dec 2016 - (231) BBC demos Planet Earth II footage in 4K HDR
- Friday 9 Dec 2016 - (692) The Chronos 1.4: A high-speed camera for the masses?
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (568) The Rory Peck Awards 2016: News camerawork at its very finest
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (941) Imagineer ramps up mocha Pro features
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (1520) Learn Resolve editing from importing media to final delivery