Why do people put video from one of the world's top cameras on YouTube with the expectation that we can judge the quality of the material? Just to make it perfectly clear: video on YouTube is highly compressed.
Here's another chance to read this great article by Phil Rhodes on why cameras need global shutters. Cheaper, cinematic cameras come with a cost - they tend to have Rolling Shutters, which means that rapid movement can be skewed. The ability to buy cameras with global shutters at all price points can't come soon enough, according to Phil Rhodes
After two weeks of teasing, the NewF is here. And the big surprise is that the NewF is not just a camera but rather an entire ecosystem. Ned Soltz, our NY reporter, brings us the details.
Hollywood equipment house AbelCine has been serving the needs of professionals for years. Now they're educating pros too, with two videos explaining Sony F55 camera and post workflow.
It dawned on me just the other day: we are living in the future. There is so much innovation and new technology around us that it no longer feels like we're merely living in the present. It's as if we're in a science fiction movie where we've been transported forward by ten or twenty years
With Sony's F55 shaping up to be such a good device, it's reasonable to wonder about the future role of Sony's flagship camera, the F65. We spoke to Richard Lewis, Product Specialist for Cimenatography at Sony Europe, to get some definitive answers
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (45176) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17848) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14889) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9794) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7631) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (660) Easy drag-and-drop video effects clips from Rampant
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (5661) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (1223) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (3963) How to calibrate your monitor
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (2196) New brushless 3-axis GoPro control adds pan & tilt