After two weeks of teasing, the NewF is here. And the big surprise is that the NewF is not just a camera but rather an entire ecosystem. Ned Soltz, our NY reporter, brings us the details.
Procam, a UK-based hire company, has shown a huge commitment to 4K by placing the biggest ever order for equipment by a hire company with Sony
Sony announces F5 upgrade path to F55 and new A7s full frame 4K DSLR - and reveals a new, confident stragety for media production at their 2014 NAB press conference
Sony keeps the firmware updates coming, this time adding improvements and features to the F55 and F5 cameras.
We don't think anyone was expecting this. This is such a NON Sony thing. Sony has just announced on their Community website that the Sony F5 and F55 will be able to have a hardware upgrade to two of the most popular post production formats: ProRes and DNxHD
I recently had several hours to play with a pre-release Sony PMW-F55 camera. Sony also supplied me with 2 64gb SxsPro+ cards, the AXS-5 4K recorder, one AXSM 4K media storage, the new LCD viewfinder, the new Olivine battery, and last but hardly least, a new Sony 85mm prime lens
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (23823) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Sunday 24 Jan 2016 - (22641) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Monday 25 Jan 2016 - (14824) Building a powerful Intel Skylake video editing workstation
- Friday 22 Jan 2016 - (8765) Shooting on Super 8 in the 21st century
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (5910) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (1364) Resolve 12.3, FCP 10.2.3 and more - it’s Super Update Friday
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (1494) Sponsored: IP will change everything you know about connecting video
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2071) Lightworks 12.6 Free adds 1080p Vimeo export plus huge discounts
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (2695) Log recording, noise and the Sony FS5
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (1882) Can Sky Q save the traditional broadcast industry?