We don't think anyone was expecting this. This is such a NON Sony thing. Sony has just announced on their Community website that the Sony F5 and F55 will be able to have a hardware upgrade to two of the most popular post production formats: ProRes and DNxHD
So, we've seen the announcement from Sony of two new 4K cameras, new codecs, new recording media and a new 30" 4K LCD monitor. Just how significant is this, and is this the 4K Tipping Point, at least for production, if not all the way to the home?
Hollywood equipment house AbelCine has been serving the needs of professionals for years. Now they're educating pros too, with two videos explaining Sony F55 camera and post workflow.
Sony keeps the firmware updates coming, this time adding improvements and features to the F55 and F5 cameras.
We understand that Sony's prices for the F5 and F55 cameras will be released on Tuesday 27th November. This eagerly awaited announcement has the potential to reshape the digital cinematography landscape
After two weeks of teasing, the NewF is here. And the big surprise is that the NewF is not just a camera but rather an entire ecosystem. Ned Soltz, our NY reporter, brings us the details.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17824) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12245) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6068) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5944) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5509) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (204) ZEISS Cinema Zoom Lenses [sponsored]
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (743) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (744) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1131) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1149) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses