Sony keeps the firmware updates coming, this time adding improvements and features to the F55 and F5 cameras.
After two weeks of teasing, the NewF is here. And the big surprise is that the NewF is not just a camera but rather an entire ecosystem. Ned Soltz, our NY reporter, brings us the details.
Sony announces F5 upgrade path to F55 and new A7s full frame 4K DSLR - and reveals a new, confident stragety for media production at their 2014 NAB press conference
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
So, we've seen the announcement from Sony of two new 4K cameras, new codecs, new recording media and a new 30" 4K LCD monitor. Just how significant is this, and is this the 4K Tipping Point, at least for production, if not all the way to the home?
We understand that Sony's prices for the F5 and F55 cameras will be released on Tuesday 27th November. This eagerly awaited announcement has the potential to reshape the digital cinematography landscape
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16765) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12059) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10887) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7101) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5800) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (49) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (173) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1083) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1030) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (898) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR