So, we've seen the announcement from Sony of two new 4K cameras, new codecs, new recording media and a new 30" 4K LCD monitor. Just how significant is this, and is this the 4K Tipping Point, at least for production, if not all the way to the home?
Hollywood equipment house AbelCine has been serving the needs of professionals for years. Now they're educating pros too, with two videos explaining Sony F55 camera and post workflow.
We understand that Sony's prices for the F5 and F55 cameras will be released on Tuesday 27th November. This eagerly awaited announcement has the potential to reshape the digital cinematography landscape
Procam, a UK-based hire company, has shown a huge commitment to 4K by placing the biggest ever order for equipment by a hire company with Sony
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30003) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21109) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17927) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13529) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10129) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (9202) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part two: using SSDs
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1097) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (729) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1476) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (737) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?