We don't think anyone was expecting this. This is such a NON Sony thing. Sony has just announced on their Community website that the Sony F5 and F55 will be able to have a hardware upgrade to two of the most popular post production formats: ProRes and DNxHD
Sony's recent spate of updates continue with news of an upcoming firmware release and revamp of its RAW recorder.
After two weeks of teasing, the NewF is here. And the big surprise is that the NewF is not just a camera but rather an entire ecosystem. Ned Soltz, our NY reporter, brings us the details.
So, we've seen the announcement from Sony of two new 4K cameras, new codecs, new recording media and a new 30" 4K LCD monitor. Just how significant is this, and is this the 4K Tipping Point, at least for production, if not all the way to the home?
Procam, a UK-based hire company, has shown a huge commitment to 4K by placing the biggest ever order for equipment by a hire company with Sony
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (93966) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38700) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22428) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Saturday 8 Oct 2016 - (14805) The art of Colour Rendering
- Friday 7 Oct 2016 - (8728) The impressive new Sony a6500 raises the sub-$1500 mirrorless bar
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (480) What happens when you put a 1000W LED onto a drone?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (776) The end of shaky video?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1087) What Convergent has done with Titan shows the way to capturing all camera angles at once
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (4617) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (1800) Sigma Cine Lenses now shipping