Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
I recently had several hours to play with a pre-release Sony PMW-F55 camera. Sony also supplied me with 2 64gb SxsPro+ cards, the AXS-5 4K recorder, one AXSM 4K media storage, the new LCD viewfinder, the new Olivine battery, and last but hardly least, a new Sony 85mm prime lens
After two weeks of teasing, the NewF is here. And the big surprise is that the NewF is not just a camera but rather an entire ecosystem. Ned Soltz, our NY reporter, brings us the details.
So, we've seen the announcement from Sony of two new 4K cameras, new codecs, new recording media and a new 30" 4K LCD monitor. Just how significant is this, and is this the 4K Tipping Point, at least for production, if not all the way to the home?
We don't think anyone was expecting this. This is such a NON Sony thing. Sony has just announced on their Community website that the Sony F5 and F55 will be able to have a hardware upgrade to two of the most popular post production formats: ProRes and DNxHD
Procam, a UK-based hire company, has shown a huge commitment to 4K by placing the biggest ever order for equipment by a hire company with Sony
Sony announces F5 upgrade path to F55 and new A7s full frame 4K DSLR - and reveals a new, confident stragety for media production at their 2014 NAB press conference
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (37593) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24477) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (7986) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6264) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 28 Jan 2016 - (5207) RedShark Review: Canon CN7x17 17-120mm zoom
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (655) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (576) Stunning views of whales by drone
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (992) Radio mics: the current state of the art
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (1461) Blackmagic releases new 1.2 Video Assist firmware
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (501) To tell stories in VR, we may first have to make games