Using just a single RED Epic and a simple 75mm master prime… oh, and an old building crammed with actors, dancers, acrobats, complex lighting, technicians, directors, producers and the film crew, this amazingly complex video was captured at 300 fps in a single shot
Proving the axiom that not all firmware updates are created equal, RED packs a punch via its ‘Build 4’
RedShark contributor Phil Rhodes pointed out something to me the other day that sounds obvious when you hear it: that camera makers never used to make film, and yet - if you can remember that far back - it is the film that determines the quality and feel of the photograph (and the lens, of course), not the camera
RED and, say, Sony are diametrically different in so many ways, and perhaps no more so than in the way that the EPIC manufacturer absolutely loves to let information about new products seep from every pore
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (7331) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 20 Nov 2016 - (7049) Pairing lenses with different mounts: What you need to know
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (6858) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Tuesday 22 Nov 2016 - (6422) Is DJI going to stop at just dominating the drone market?
- Friday 18 Nov 2016 - (5283) The Grand Tour: Amazon Prime changes the game on so many levels
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (358) Is there simply too much video on the internet?
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (2022) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (631) A quick look at Teradek’s Sphere 360 system [video]
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (909) YouTube intros 4K live streaming
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (2600) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface