Using just a single RED Epic and a simple 75mm master prime… oh, and an old building crammed with actors, dancers, acrobats, complex lighting, technicians, directors, producers and the film crew, this amazingly complex video was captured at 300 fps in a single shot
RedShark Technical Editor Phil Rhodes profiles Monocle, a new utility from ClipToolz that converts raw color into a black-and-white result that approaches a 'true' monochromatic image.
RedShark contributor Phil Rhodes pointed out something to me the other day that sounds obvious when you hear it: that camera makers never used to make film, and yet - if you can remember that far back - it is the film that determines the quality and feel of the photograph (and the lens, of course), not the camera
Proving the axiom that not all firmware updates are created equal, RED packs a punch via its ‘Build 4’
The battle for cheaper 4K+ acquisition is heating up. Just a few days ago, Sony announced the F5 and the F55, and a constellation of accessories that comprise their new 4K ecosystem. Not to be outdone, RED, perhaps in a ploy to steal some of Sony’s thunder, made its own announcement, via CEO Jim Jannard’s post on the REDuser forum:
RED and, say, Sony are diametrically different in so many ways, and perhaps no more so than in the way that the EPIC manufacturer absolutely loves to let information about new products seep from every pore
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (95572) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (39270) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 25 Oct 2016 - (25651) Apple could dominate the entire NLE space with the next Final Cut Pro
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (6563) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Tuesday 18 Oct 2016 - (5430) Panasonic AG-UX90 4K mid-sized camcorder on test
- Friday 28 Oct 2016 - (58) Touch Bar MacBook Pro redefines high-end
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (424) Magic Bullet Suite leaps forward to Version 13
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (960) Microsoft takes computers back to the drawing board with Surface Studio
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (704) ODA - the immediate archive [sponsored]
- Wednesday 26 Oct 2016 - (741) Quality control: It's only going on the web...