Proving the axiom that not all firmware updates are created equal, RED packs a punch via its ‘Build 4’
RED and, say, Sony are diametrically different in so many ways, and perhaps no more so than in the way that the EPIC manufacturer absolutely loves to let information about new products seep from every pore
RedShark contributor Phil Rhodes pointed out something to me the other day that sounds obvious when you hear it: that camera makers never used to make film, and yet - if you can remember that far back - it is the film that determines the quality and feel of the photograph (and the lens, of course), not the camera
RedShark Technical Editor Phil Rhodes profiles Monocle, a new utility from ClipToolz that converts raw color into a black-and-white result that approaches a 'true' monochromatic image.
The battle for cheaper 4K+ acquisition is heating up. Just a few days ago, Sony announced the F5 and the F55, and a constellation of accessories that comprise their new 4K ecosystem. Not to be outdone, RED, perhaps in a ploy to steal some of Sony’s thunder, made its own announcement, via CEO Jim Jannard’s post on the REDuser forum:
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38621) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25484) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10420) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8741) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6602) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (697) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1099) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (788) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1289) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (5631) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price