Craig Marshall visits RØDE's headquarters in Sydney for RedShark and finds out what it takes to make high quality microphones that sell worldwide
How is it that Sony is now the leading innovator with still cameras that can be used for video?
There's no doubt that a rise in video ubiquity is having an impact on the stills market. But while the choice between video and stills is often now just a change of setting on high-end DSLRs, when it comes to the practicalities of switching there are some things that photographers need to bear in mind.
I recently encountered a thread on one of my favourite forums in which someone was asking for opinions on a Canon EOS-60D package he'd seen on ebay. This package included the 60D body and extras including three lenses including a battery, charger, flash cards, various filters and diopters, cleaning kit, tripod, and more. All of this was neatly photographed and posted for sale on Ebay by a vendor we'll call, in order to protect the guilty, Pretty Cheap Digital, based in New York
OK - it's not just *any* smartphone but the Nokia Lumia 1020 - which has 41 Megapixels - but, really, is there even any point in doing a comparison? Apparently, there is
In what is a busy morning for the company, Sony has also taken the wrappers off its α7S II camera and at least some of the rumours that have been swirling round about it are right.
The Panasonic Lumix GH3 keeps amazing us with the quality of the video it can create in capable hands. Regular RedShark contributor Mark McCarthy of Sparky Media Productions takes us to Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates, where the clear skies, geometric patterns and striking buildings are the perfect way to test a camera
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24103) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Sunday 24 Jan 2016 - (22708) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Monday 25 Jan 2016 - (14969) Building a powerful Intel Skylake video editing workstation
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (6703) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6031) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 6 Feb 2016 - (842) Oscar season reveals some stunning vfx work
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2548) Resolve 12.3, FCP 10.2.3 and more - it’s Super Update Friday
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2401) Sponsored: IP will change everything you know about connecting video
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (3001) Lightworks 12.6 Free adds 1080p Vimeo export plus huge discounts
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (3068) Log recording, noise and the Sony FS5