Think about this for a minute: what if Canon were to suddenly announce that their video-capable DSLRs could now output RAW video? That would be sensational, wouldn't it? At the very least it would be a candidate for the "biggest story of the year". Well, that's what happened yesterday. Almost
OK - it's not just *any* smartphone but the Nokia Lumia 1020 - which has 41 Megapixels - but, really, is there even any point in doing a comparison? Apparently, there is
Much has been made of the upcoming Canon 70D’s new autofocus system. Panasonic’s been working on its own revolution in autofocus. But where is it?
I recently encountered a thread on one of my favourite forums in which someone was asking for opinions on a Canon EOS-60D package he'd seen on ebay. This package included the 60D body and extras including three lenses including a battery, charger, flash cards, various filters and diopters, cleaning kit, tripod, and more. All of this was neatly photographed and posted for sale on Ebay by a vendor we'll call, in order to protect the guilty, Pretty Cheap Digital, based in New York
For most people, repetition represents boredom. Doing the same thing again and again means not doing new things. A lack of innovation. An absence of creativity. But sometimes, the ability to repeat something, precisely and consistently, opens up new creative options, and can be instrumental in making something wonderful. Here's a perfect example
New types of affordable and lightweight camera mean that there are new types of film making. And the film makers are challenging the skills of "traditional" professionals. Simon Wyndham takes the sport of Kayaking as an example
Here's another take on the Panasonic AJ-PX270, a camera that Redshark News contributor Barry Braverman called "a broadcast camera in the palm of your hand." In this video review, Matthew Abourezk explores whether this camera could replace your DSLR for video.
Is the move towards large-sensor cameras completely one-way? Simon Wyndham doesn't think so
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (42021) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30404) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21378) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19335) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14408) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (242) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (783) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (822) [Sponsored] Amazing offer for Davinci Resolve training - only one day left
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1174) Panasonic aims Toughpad 4K Performance at film production
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1157) ARRI Amira now captures in Prores 4444 XQ