There's no doubt that a rise in video ubiquity is having an impact on the stills market. But while the choice between video and stills is often now just a change of setting on high-end DSLRs, when it comes to the practicalities of switching there are some things that photographers need to bear in mind.
We make no apology for writing again about this very niche sub-genre, the Icelandic Timelapse. They kind-of justify themselves because the images are so beautiful and there are so many naturally lovely phenomena packed into a rocky island with only a third of a million inhabitants.
How is it that Sony is now the leading innovator with still cameras that can be used for video?
RedShark 12 Days of Christmas Replays: Guest writer, Wild Dog Limited’s Andrew Johnstone, is at a film gear crossroads - should he purchase his next documentary camera or stick with the 'old reliable'.
Craig Marshall visits RØDE's headquarters in Sydney for RedShark and finds out what it takes to make high quality microphones that sell worldwide
Canon has just announced the EOS-1D X Mark II, an update for its four year-old flagship DSLR which both increases resolution and adds internal 4K video.
The Maghreb is the region of North Africa to the west of Egypt, with a quite distinctive culture from the rest of the Arab world, and linguistic influences from the ancient Berber to modern French and of course Arabic mingle to create a unique taste
Think about this for a minute: what if Canon were to suddenly announce that their video-capable DSLRs could now output RAW video? That would be sensational, wouldn't it? At the very least it would be a candidate for the "biggest story of the year". Well, that's what happened yesterday. Almost
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24009) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Sunday 24 Jan 2016 - (22683) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Monday 25 Jan 2016 - (14916) Building a powerful Intel Skylake video editing workstation
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (6395) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (5995) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 6 Feb 2016 - (618) Oscar season reveals some stunning vfx work
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2239) Resolve 12.3, FCP 10.2.3 and more - it’s Super Update Friday
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2134) Sponsored: IP will change everything you know about connecting video
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2731) Lightworks 12.6 Free adds 1080p Vimeo export plus huge discounts
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (2961) Log recording, noise and the Sony FS5