Hot on the coat tails of the introduction of its high end 1DX Mark II DSLR, Canon today has announced the EOS 80D DSLR as well as the first in a series of new lenses, the EF-S series.
Broadcast Quality Audio Field Recording with Prosumer Cameras and DSLRs ("Unlocking the Mysteries of ‘Phantom Power"). RedShark contributor Craig Marshall reports
There's no doubt that a rise in video ubiquity is having an impact on the stills market. But while the choice between video and stills is often now just a change of setting on high-end DSLRs, when it comes to the practicalities of switching there are some things that photographers need to bear in mind.
Think about this for a minute: what if Canon were to suddenly announce that their video-capable DSLRs could now output RAW video? That would be sensational, wouldn't it? At the very least it would be a candidate for the "biggest story of the year". Well, that's what happened yesterday. Almost
Symon Wyndham has been testing with a new compact HDMI recorder from Atomos, the Ninja Star, for the past week, and gives us his opinion.
Probably the best way to find the real trends of the past year is to understand what people have been buying. And few would know better than Peter Savage, Managing Director of Azule Finance, a Berkshire, UK - based finance house supporting the creative industries
Panasonic's GH4 has exceeded all expectations. It's a 4K professional video camera in the guise of a still camera. It has stuff never before seen on a still imager. Here's our in-depth look at this stunning new camera
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (95513) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (39241) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 25 Oct 2016 - (25428) Apple could dominate the entire NLE space with the next Final Cut Pro
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (6534) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Tuesday 18 Oct 2016 - (5384) Panasonic AG-UX90 4K mid-sized camcorder on test
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (663) Microsoft takes computers back to the drawing board with Surface Studio
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (552) ODA - the immediate archive [sponsored]
- Wednesday 26 Oct 2016 - (646) Quality control: It's only going on the web...
- Wednesday 26 Oct 2016 - (885) The art of light [sponsored]
- Wednesday 26 Oct 2016 - (1449) Ursa Mini's massive software revision out of beta and available for download