Opinion: Guest writer, Wild Dog Limited’s Andrew Johnstone, is at a film gear crossroads - should he purchase his next documentary camera or stick with the 'old reliable'.
Another chance to read why you should seriously consider 4K acquisition if you're ending in high def.
Craig Marshall visits RØDE's headquarters in Sydney for RedShark and finds out what it takes to make high quality microphones that sell worldwide
When the Lytro camera was launched a couple of years ago it heralded the dawn of a new age of Photography, where the camera was not just an updated version of the Camera Obscura. Now we are starting to see even more possibilities and they may even be coming to video...
Ever since DSLRs started became capable of recording high definition video, their audio capabilities have lagged behind. Some people have got round this by using external field recorders, but the ones that have included "proper" audio - XLR sockets, phantom power and good preamps, have added enormously to the cost of a DSLR rig
New types of affordable and lightweight camera mean that there are new types of film making. And the film makers are challenging the skills of "traditional" professionals. Simon Wyndham takes the sport of Kayaking as an example
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29833) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21010) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17803) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13188) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (9957) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (400) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (1759) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (5161) Panasonic 4K tech lets you change focus in post
- Monday 23 Nov 2015 - (2014) The evolution of editing: where will it go next?
- Monday 23 Nov 2015 - (1282) Celebrating 50 years of Super 8