Hot on the coat tails of the introduction of its high end 1DX Mark II DSLR, Canon today has announced the EOS 80D DSLR as well as the first in a series of new lenses, the EF-S series.
The CION's dramatic price reduction has changed the landscape - again!
When the Lytro camera was launched a couple of years ago it heralded the dawn of a new age of Photography, where the camera was not just an updated version of the Camera Obscura. Now we are starting to see even more possibilities and they may even be coming to video...
I recently encountered a thread on one of my favourite forums in which someone was asking for opinions on a Canon EOS-60D package he'd seen on ebay. This package included the 60D body and extras including three lenses including a battery, charger, flash cards, various filters and diopters, cleaning kit, tripod, and more. All of this was neatly photographed and posted for sale on Ebay by a vendor we'll call, in order to protect the guilty, Pretty Cheap Digital, based in New York
New types of affordable and lightweight camera mean that there are new types of film making. And the film makers are challenging the skills of "traditional" professionals. Simon Wyndham takes the sport of Kayaking as an example
Think about this for a minute: what if Canon were to suddenly announce that their video-capable DSLRs could now output RAW video? That would be sensational, wouldn't it? At the very least it would be a candidate for the "biggest story of the year". Well, that's what happened yesterday. Almost
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17055) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12121) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7113) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5823) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5328) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (347) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (755) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1530) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1253) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1067) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR