At the FCP Exchange workshops held in Las Vegas during NAB 2016, Denver Riddle of Color Grading Central previewed some upcoming updates to Color Finale for FCP X.
Freelance colourist Warren Eagles looks at how software colour correctors have changed the grading industry; for better and worse
Redshark's only 10 months old, and our readership is growing all the time. So if you're a new arrival here you'll have missed some great articles from earlier in the year
We've just found a really excellent video tutorial about Blender's colour correction tools. It's not just a good lesson in colour manipulation: it reminds us what a powerful tool Blender really is
(This is a second chance to see this lovely retro look at DaVinci.) I'm no fashion guru, but I do remember that in 1987 women wore shoulder pads the size of a small country and men rolled up their jacket sleeves as if it was almost an anatomical necessity. And I spent hours trying to recreate Jan Hammer's synthesised guitar sound from the Miami Vice theme on my Korg keyboard.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17082) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12130) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7115) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5828) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5344) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (368) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (864) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1580) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1266) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1075) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR