Well, nothing really. But some of the tech used to coax new sounds from electric guitars is similar to some types of video production techniques. It's worth taking an "out of the box" look at how the two compare. Oh, and there's some great guitar playing as well
RedShark Review: Ned Soltz takes Denver Riddle’s ACES-compatible $149 Color Finale Pro for a spin and is impressed with what he finds.
This holiday we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time. Today: You don't have to rely on digital methods to give a film a distictive "look". Phil Rhodes explains.
We've just found a really excellent video tutorial about Blender's colour correction tools. It's not just a good lesson in colour manipulation: it reminds us what a powerful tool Blender really is
Redshark's only 10 months old, and our readership is growing all the time. So if you're a new arrival here you'll have missed some great articles from earlier in the year
RedShark Replay: We've just found out that renowned freelance colorist Warren Eagles will be at IBC demoing creative 4k workflows on the Editshare stand in Hall 7, so this seemed an opportune time to repeat the piece where he shares five top tips shedding light on the dark art of color grading and the life of a colorist.
[Updated] Imposing a "strong" look on a film can take all the original goodness from it. Phil Rhodes wonders whether we can take the concept of "skin tone" seriously any more.
Larry Jordan is a well known video industry figure, whose webcasts are listened to in 175 countries. We asked him about editing, color correction, the cloud, and whether he's looking forward to April's NAB - the biggest show of the year
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16821) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12067) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10892) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7104) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5805) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (149) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (269) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1213) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1096) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (934) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR