In the third and final part of Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes' examination of the complexities of the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES), we look at how it's working out in the real world.
Today will see the first major round of Press events at NAB in Las Vegas, as the world’s broadcast and film technology manufacturers announce what they will be releasing to make our lives easier in the next 12 months. That’s what they hope, but what do we expect? Miguel Ferros reports
The new iPad - now in its second generation only months after the first Retina device - has the highest resolution screen ever seen on a mobile device, with significantly more pixels than even a full HD (1080p) monitor. There's room for a full HD picture and other data or UI elements all round it.
We've just found a really excellent video tutorial about Blender's colour correction tools. It's not just a good lesson in colour manipulation: it reminds us what a powerful tool Blender really is
How do we measure the largely intangible quality about a given device that somehow makes the pictures from Camera A look better than the ones from Camera B?
ACES high. With the technology looking set to feature prominently at NAB, Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, delves into the complexities of the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES). Part One looks at the problems it sets out to solve.
In the first of a two-part series, RedShark News Contributor Kevin Luiz explores the current incarnation of Red Giant's popular Magic Bullet Looks, the colour-grading centerpiece of the Magic Bullet Suite.
In our continuing feature, Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, delves into the complexities of the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES). Part Two looks at how the system works.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38652) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25591) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10542) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8781) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6619) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (362) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (996) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1328) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (915) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1414) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone