Our countdown reaches Number Two and Terence Curren's extremely popular piece on grading. When it comes to setting the look, colorists and DPs need to talk early and talk often as working together results in the best images with the least pain and expense.
Often, creative decisions made by groups tend to be conservative, limiting the opportunity for brave choices. The result, whether you're a DoP or a screenwriter, tends towards the bland.
We've just found a really excellent video tutorial about Blender's colour correction tools. It's not just a good lesson in colour manipulation: it reminds us what a powerful tool Blender really is
In the third and final part of Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes' examination of the complexities of the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES), we look at how it's working out in the real world.
While there's a lot still to discuss concerning Da Vinci Resolve 12.5, here we focus on two features that may seriously impact your colour management workflow.
Today will see the first major round of Press events at NAB in Las Vegas, as the world’s broadcast and film technology manufacturers announce what they will be releasing to make our lives easier in the next 12 months. That’s what they hope, but what do we expect? Miguel Ferros reports
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17056) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12122) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7113) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5823) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5332) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (347) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (764) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1531) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1253) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1067) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR