In the third and final part of Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes' examination of the complexities of the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES), we look at how it's working out in the real world.
In our continuing feature, Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, delves into the complexities of the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES). Part Two looks at how the system works.
We've just found a really excellent video tutorial about Blender's colour correction tools. It's not just a good lesson in colour manipulation: it reminds us what a powerful tool Blender really is
ACES high. With the technology looking set to feature prominently at NAB, Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, delves into the complexities of the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES). Part One looks at the problems it sets out to solve.
The new iPad - now in its second generation only months after the first Retina device - has the highest resolution screen ever seen on a mobile device, with significantly more pixels than even a full HD (1080p) monitor. There's room for a full HD picture and other data or UI elements all round it.
How do we measure the largely intangible quality about a given device that somehow makes the pictures from Camera A look better than the ones from Camera B?
Light Illusion's new SpaceMatch DCM software promises to guarantee facility-wide colour matching of PC displays by circumventing the standard ICC Profiles that can throw things badly out of kilter.
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29988) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21091) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17907) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13487) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10103) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (9088) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part two: using SSDs
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (987) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (637) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1366) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (716) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?