In our continuing feature, Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, delves into the complexities of the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES). Part Two looks at how the system works.
Today will see the first major round of Press events at NAB in Las Vegas, as the world’s broadcast and film technology manufacturers announce what they will be releasing to make our lives easier in the next 12 months. That’s what they hope, but what do we expect? Miguel Ferros reports
How do we measure the largely intangible quality about a given device that somehow makes the pictures from Camera A look better than the ones from Camera B?
We've just found a really excellent video tutorial about Blender's colour correction tools. It's not just a good lesson in colour manipulation: it reminds us what a powerful tool Blender really is
In the first of a two-part series, RedShark News Contributor Kevin Luiz explores the current incarnation of Red Giant's popular Magic Bullet Looks, the colour-grading centerpiece of the Magic Bullet Suite.
Light Illusion's new SpaceMatch DCM software promises to guarantee facility-wide colour matching of PC displays by circumventing the standard ICC Profiles that can throw things badly out of kilter.
- Saturday 30 Apr 2016 - (28127) All about sensors, lenses and depth of field.
- Sunday 24 Apr 2016 - (21755) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 26 Apr 2016 - (9427) The world's smallest 4K interchangeable lens camera
- Friday 22 Apr 2016 - (6429) RedShark NAB Awards - The Results
- Monday 2 May 2016 - (5378) Will the Lytro Cinema Camera kill off the 2D pixel?
- Thursday 5 May 2016 - (108) Sony Catalyst Production Suite goes to subscription model
- Thursday 5 May 2016 - (743) The Rollocam Hercules, the smallest dolly in the world, nears release
- Thursday 5 May 2016 - (1049) Free 3D Star Wars models available for download
- Wednesday 4 May 2016 - (668) RedShark's Teradek NAB live TV shows - Episode 2, Editshare
- Wednesday 4 May 2016 - (1192) Upgrades for AJA’s CION and RovoCam