The new iPad - now in its second generation only months after the first Retina device - has the highest resolution screen ever seen on a mobile device, with significantly more pixels than even a full HD (1080p) monitor. There's room for a full HD picture and other data or UI elements all round it.
How do we measure the largely intangible quality about a given device that somehow makes the pictures from Camera A look better than the ones from Camera B?
ACES high. With the technology looking set to feature prominently at NAB, Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, delves into the complexities of the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES). Part One looks at the problems it sets out to solve.
In the first of a two-part series, RedShark News Contributor Kevin Luiz explores the current incarnation of Red Giant's popular Magic Bullet Looks, the colour-grading centerpiece of the Magic Bullet Suite.
We've just found a really excellent video tutorial about Blender's colour correction tools. It's not just a good lesson in colour manipulation: it reminds us what a powerful tool Blender really is
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46443) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17141) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (11991) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11574) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11015) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (474) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1273) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1585) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2791) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1897) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite