Light Illusion's new SpaceMatch DCM software promises to guarantee facility-wide colour matching of PC displays by circumventing the standard ICC Profiles that can throw things badly out of kilter.
At the FCP Exchange workshops held in Las Vegas during NAB 2016, Denver Riddle of Color Grading Central previewed some upcoming updates to Color Finale for FCP X.
After close to three months developing and testing, Blackmagic has brought the latest version of its popular editing and colour grading suite, DaVinci Resolve 12.5, out of beta. This, you feel, is an essential upgrade.
In our continuing feature, Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, delves into the complexities of the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES). Part Two looks at how the system works.
While there's a lot still to discuss concerning Da Vinci Resolve 12.5, here we focus on two features that may seriously impact your colour management workflow.
- Tuesday 6 Dec 2016 - (14501) The RED Epic-W: the best dual purpose still/cinematography camera yet?
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (7967) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (7194) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (4154) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (4033) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (86) Imagineer ramps up mocha Pro features
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (393) Learn Resolve editing from importing media to final delivery
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (518) Miller ArrowX 3 tripod on test: it's all a question of balance
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (1374) Sony FS7 II out and about in New York [footage]
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (440) Steerable lasers: is this how video projectors will work in the future?