How do we measure the largely intangible quality about a given device that somehow makes the pictures from Camera A look better than the ones from Camera B?
Today will see the first major round of Press events at NAB in Las Vegas, as the world’s broadcast and film technology manufacturers announce what they will be releasing to make our lives easier in the next 12 months. That’s what they hope, but what do we expect? Miguel Ferros reports
In our continuing feature, Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, delves into the complexities of the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES). Part Two looks at how the system works.
Light Illusion's new SpaceMatch DCM software promises to guarantee facility-wide colour matching of PC displays by circumventing the standard ICC Profiles that can throw things badly out of kilter.
In the first of a two-part series, RedShark News Contributor Kevin Luiz explores the current incarnation of Red Giant's popular Magic Bullet Looks, the colour-grading centerpiece of the Magic Bullet Suite.
In the third and final part of Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes' examination of the complexities of the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES), we look at how it's working out in the real world.
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29979) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21087) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17899) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13463) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10084) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (895) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (606) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1289) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (706) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2955) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?