In our continuing feature, Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, delves into the complexities of the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES). Part Two looks at how the system works.
At the FCP Exchange workshops held in Las Vegas during NAB 2016, Denver Riddle of Color Grading Central previewed some upcoming updates to Color Finale for FCP X.
After close to three months developing and testing, Blackmagic has brought the latest version of its popular editing and colour grading suite, DaVinci Resolve 12.5, out of beta. This, you feel, is an essential upgrade.
We've just found a really excellent video tutorial about Blender's colour correction tools. It's not just a good lesson in colour manipulation: it reminds us what a powerful tool Blender really is
The new iPad - now in its second generation only months after the first Retina device - has the highest resolution screen ever seen on a mobile device, with significantly more pixels than even a full HD (1080p) monitor. There's room for a full HD picture and other data or UI elements all round it.
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (94486) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38827) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22508) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Saturday 8 Oct 2016 - (14860) The art of Colour Rendering
- Sunday 9 Oct 2016 - (6572) BenQ’s impressive PV3200PT UHD display reviewed
- Sunday 23 Oct 2016 - (543) A still image that is so beautiful: Antares rocket launch long exposure
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1478) What happens when you put a 1000W LED onto a drone?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1143) The end of shaky video?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1464) What Convergent has done with Titan shows the way to capturing all camera angles at once
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (5520) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016