Often, creative decisions made by groups tend to be conservative, limiting the opportunity for brave choices. The result, whether you're a DoP or a screenwriter, tends towards the bland.
Here are five useful tools that should enhance the workflow of video and film professionals.
At the FCP Exchange workshops held in Las Vegas during NAB 2016, Denver Riddle of Color Grading Central previewed some upcoming updates to Color Finale for FCP X.
After close to three months developing and testing, Blackmagic has brought the latest version of its popular editing and colour grading suite, DaVinci Resolve 12.5, out of beta. This, you feel, is an essential upgrade.
The new iPad - now in its second generation only months after the first Retina device - has the highest resolution screen ever seen on a mobile device, with significantly more pixels than even a full HD (1080p) monitor. There's room for a full HD picture and other data or UI elements all round it.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17823) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12244) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6064) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5943) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5508) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (198) ZEISS Cinema Zoom Lenses [sponsored]
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (739) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (739) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1128) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1147) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses