Last week I was very fortunate to be able to borrow a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera for the afternoon. I was meeting my daughter in Camden Market so I took the camera along and shot some bits and pieces. I have uploaded the footage to Vimeo
A trip to the cinema these days inevitably feels like deja-vu all over again, and not just because Hollywood remains obsessed with sequels, prequels, remakes, reimaginings and reboots.
A new video showing the C100 in detail and how it might be used with an external recorder for even better images
4K isn't just a consumer phenomenon. It's a term that's been in use in the film making community for at least ten years. And it has a very precise definition that is different to what the consumer companies would have us believe
This will be the year when everyone realises that our industry (and, for that matter, every industry - but especially ours) is on an incredible journey. It's as if you only have to wait a year or so for your wildest technology dreams and fantasies to come true
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (7330) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 20 Nov 2016 - (7049) Pairing lenses with different mounts: What you need to know
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (6858) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Tuesday 22 Nov 2016 - (6422) Is DJI going to stop at just dominating the drone market?
- Friday 18 Nov 2016 - (5283) The Grand Tour: Amazon Prime changes the game on so many levels
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (356) Is there simply too much video on the internet?
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (2020) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (631) A quick look at Teradek’s Sphere 360 system [video]
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (909) YouTube intros 4K live streaming
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (2600) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface