This will be the year when everyone realises that our industry (and, for that matter, every industry - but especially ours) is on an incredible journey. It's as if you only have to wait a year or so for your wildest technology dreams and fantasies to come true
4K isn't just a consumer phenomenon. It's a term that's been in use in the film making community for at least ten years. And it has a very precise definition that is different to what the consumer companies would have us believe
Digital Bolex footage in their promo video looks wonderful
A trip to the cinema these days inevitably feels like deja-vu all over again, and not just because Hollywood remains obsessed with sequels, prequels, remakes, reimaginings and reboots.
- Saturday 14 May 2016 - (20562) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20225) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (17946) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (12637) Five things a Colorist would like to say to a DP
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (10663) 7 Free Motion Design Assets for Video Editors [sponsored]
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (194) Update on the sale of Sony Vegas (and its other media products) to Magix
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (486) Europe mulls quota on streaming content
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (2673) Sony sells Vegas and more to Magix
- Tuesday 24 May 2016 - (1339) BigFly's impressive drone showreel
- Tuesday 24 May 2016 - (1457) Sony's Gigantic LED Canvas