4K isn't just a consumer phenomenon. It's a term that's been in use in the film making community for at least ten years. And it has a very precise definition that is different to what the consumer companies would have us believe
Last week I was very fortunate to be able to borrow a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera for the afternoon. I was meeting my daughter in Camden Market so I took the camera along and shot some bits and pieces. I have uploaded the footage to Vimeo
A trip to the cinema these days inevitably feels like deja-vu all over again, and not just because Hollywood remains obsessed with sequels, prequels, remakes, reimaginings and reboots.
A new video showing the C100 in detail and how it might be used with an external recorder for even better images
Digital Bolex footage in their promo video looks wonderful
This will be the year when everyone realises that our industry (and, for that matter, every industry - but especially ours) is on an incredible journey. It's as if you only have to wait a year or so for your wildest technology dreams and fantasies to come true
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (21646) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (15879) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (12926) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11166) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 - (7324) Infographic: The importance of ergonomics [Sponsored]
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (695) The fastest Nvidia GPU ever: the new Pascal-based Quadro P6000
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (778) Atomos firmware update brings HDR support to non-HDR displays
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (911) Shooting sports cinematically...with prime lenses
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1779) Is the standard lens just a myth?
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (901) How cloud-based production embraces the human element [Sponsored]