A trip to the cinema these days inevitably feels like deja-vu all over again, and not just because Hollywood remains obsessed with sequels, prequels, remakes, reimaginings and reboots.
Once a year the 1700-seat Auditorium at the centre of the Amsterdam RAI is transformed into a truly state-of-the-art cinema so that IBC can debate all the hottest topics relating to the film industry.
Last week I was very fortunate to be able to borrow a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera for the afternoon. I was meeting my daughter in Camden Market so I took the camera along and shot some bits and pieces. I have uploaded the footage to Vimeo
4K isn't just a consumer phenomenon. It's a term that's been in use in the film making community for at least ten years. And it has a very precise definition that is different to what the consumer companies would have us believe
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (95541) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (39255) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 25 Oct 2016 - (25554) Apple could dominate the entire NLE space with the next Final Cut Pro
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (6544) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Tuesday 18 Oct 2016 - (5414) Panasonic AG-UX90 4K mid-sized camcorder on test
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (284) Magic Bullet Suite leaps forward to Version 13
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (840) Microsoft takes computers back to the drawing board with Surface Studio
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (634) ODA - the immediate archive [sponsored]
- Wednesday 26 Oct 2016 - (696) Quality control: It's only going on the web...
- Wednesday 26 Oct 2016 - (932) The art of light [sponsored]