While Canon's recent updates of its camera line may have left something to be desired, namely 4K recording, the company is stressing 19 improvements for its C100 Mark II over the previous model. The question remains: are these changes enough to entice buyers in an increasingly-competitive market?
The shape of things to come: One of the most fascinating areas of IBC every year is the Future Zone, with this year's crop of exhibits and topics straight out of the world's R&D labs including innovative 3D, 8K HDR television and video-over-IP.
RedShark 12 Days of Christmas Replays: Guest writer, Wild Dog Limited’s Andrew Johnstone, is at a film gear crossroads - should he purchase his next documentary camera or stick with the 'old reliable'.
Guest author George Krieger, cinematographer and drone pilot (amongst many other things) takes us on a drone tour circa 2015, revealing the hottest consumer drones that will undoubtedly find their way to productions near you.
While Cine Gear is a small fraction of the size of NAB Show, it still brought a few new and noteworthy products to bear.
The current internet buzz points to venerable camera maker Canon announcing new cameras and lenses that may point the way to the company's future.
Much has been made of the upcoming Canon 70D’s new autofocus system. Panasonic’s been working on its own revolution in autofocus. But where is it?
Canon is one of the relatively few manufacturers that develops its own sensors. This means that they're in a great position to create new sensors with new capabilities, and that's just what they've done with their new 35mm Full Frame CMOS sensor for video capture
Ever wonder what a Canon 5D MK2, an NEX FS100 and a Blackmagic Cinema camera look like, side by side? Probably not because two of these are the old models and you'd more likely be thinking about a 5D MK3, an NEX FS700 and the Blackmagic camera. But that doesn't make this any less interesting
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16817) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12066) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10890) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7104) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5805) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (145) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (261) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1210) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1089) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (933) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR