There's always a moment when the harsh nature of reality is crystallised; when however hard you try, you can't pretend any more that things are OK. For most people, this type of thing happens when they get their first credit card bill after Christmas. For Red, one imagines, their corporate hearts stopped for a moment last Tuesday, 30th October, when Sony revealed the scale of their new camera ecosystem.
A new video showing the C100 in detail and how it might be used with an external recorder for even better images
Canon is bringing out a wired remote controller for its Cinema EOS cameras, apparently as a result of user requests
As NAB Show 2015 quickly approaches, we survey the buzz around rumored announcements from Canon, Sony, Panasonic and Blackmagic Design.
While it's tempting to think that with the Magic Lantern EOS raw hack out in the open that normal, compressed video will never be good enough again, that's taking far too strict a line on it. The fact is that the conventional video output from cameras like the EOS 5D MK III is very good indeed with the exception of certain well-known issues like moire and rolling shutter
One of the most fascinating and exciting things that's happened last year was the release of the Magic Lantern software for getting raw video from Canon DSLRs. But how do you install the software? Chris Cory has all the answers
Even though ML has done a great job in packaging their software, it's quite a technical operation. Some people might not want to try this on their precious cameras - and that's understandable.
With this in mind, RedShark contributor Chris Cory has made this "How To" guide for us. It's very detailed, and just what you need to get you up and running with this exciting software.
As ever, neither we nor Chris can take responsibility if anything goes wrong!
Video after the break
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47842) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14162) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12613) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9410) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (6963) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (1523) DJI intros integrated, stabilised handheld 4K camera
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (5413) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1221) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1555) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1550) Sony splits off image sensor business