In something of a surprise announcement, Canon unveiled the XC10 4K camera (among other hot new products) in advance of NAB 2015. And in another twist, Atomos has announced that the yet-to-be released camera will receive Shogun support
Here's a really good side-by-side comparison between Canon's EOS 5D mk III (with the Magic Lantern mod) RAW output and the Blackmagic Cinema Camera
There was a lot of news at IBC2014, particularly on the camera and camera accessory front, and we published a lot of stories as a result (with more still in the pipeline). Here, in case you’ve missed any of our coverage, are the highlights so far (with added Photokina).
This has been a long time coming, and we never actually thought we'd see it: a clean HDMI output from the Canon EOS 5D Mark III. What does this mean and why is it important?
Canon’s new 250 megapixel CMOS sensor is smaller than a 35mm full-frame sensor and allows you to distinguish the lettering on an aeroplane 11 miles (18km) away. The company has some impressive new 4K broadcast lenses in time for IBC too.
Most of us despair when we see technology and science presented to a non-technical audience on TV. It's not easy to explain stuff in the short time available, but often it's over-simplified to the point of being nonsensical. So how does a national UK broadcaster deal with the topic of 4K?
Opinion: Guest writer, Wild Dog Limited’s Andrew Johnstone, is at a film gear crossroads - should he purchase his next documentary camera or stick with the 'old reliable'.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47572) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13969) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12522) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11615) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9278) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (437) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (853) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1014) Sony splits off image sensor business
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (936) Roku 4 brings 4K streaming for $129 into your living room
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (1223) RE:Vison Effects anti-flicker plugins now available for Nuke, Fusion and other OpenFX hosts