Here's a really good side-by-side comparison between Canon's EOS 5D mk III (with the Magic Lantern mod) RAW output and the Blackmagic Cinema Camera
Most of us, if we're honest, struggle slightly when it comes to configuring even HD equipment and settings. There are enough combinations of frame rates, codecs and resolutions that just about everyone has to stop and think when they're setting up their gear
If you’ve ever been lucky enough to travel to some of the truly dark places still left in the world, you’ll have seen the Milky Way stretched out across the sky like a liquid river of stars. If you haven’t, then Denis Frantsouzov’s video from the wilds of Kazakhstan is the next best thing.
While Canon's recent updates of its camera line may have left something to be desired, namely 4K recording, the company is stressing 19 improvements for its C100 Mark II over the previous model. The question remains: are these changes enough to entice buyers in an increasingly-competitive market?
- Tuesday 6 Dec 2016 - (14879) The RED Epic-W: the best dual purpose still/cinematography camera yet?
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (8070) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (7241) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (4225) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (4124) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface
- Friday 9 Dec 2016 - (229) BBC demos Planet Earth II footage in 4K HDR
- Friday 9 Dec 2016 - (691) The Chronos 1.4: A high-speed camera for the masses?
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (568) The Rory Peck Awards 2016: News camerawork at its very finest
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (941) Imagineer ramps up mocha Pro features
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (1520) Learn Resolve editing from importing media to final delivery