One of the implications of a generation being raised on YouTube and the ubiquity of internet video is that it is increasingly important to offer video content yourself. And that means a degree of investment.
We're following a bit of a theme here: ProRes versus in-camera recording. Here's an extremely interesting clip with a split-screen demonstration of ProRes vs a Canon C100's internal codec which is 24Mbit/s AVCHD
There's always a moment when the harsh nature of reality is crystallised; when however hard you try, you can't pretend any more that things are OK. For most people, this type of thing happens when they get their first credit card bill after Christmas. For Red, one imagines, their corporate hearts stopped for a moment last Tuesday, 30th October, when Sony revealed the scale of their new camera ecosystem.
Much has been made of the upcoming Canon 70D’s new autofocus system. Panasonic’s been working on its own revolution in autofocus. But where is it?
Good news for Europeans who've up to now been frustrated at the lack of 25p support in their video kit: Canon has taken the unusual step of releasing a firmware upgrade specifically to address this much-requested feature
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17832) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12248) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6078) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5951) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5509) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (238) ZEISS Cinema Zoom Lenses [sponsored]
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (758) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (759) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1140) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1152) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses