Opinion: Guest writer, Wild Dog Limited’s Andrew Johnstone, is at a film gear crossroads - should he purchase his next documentary camera or stick with the 'old reliable'.
Canon have released a new video of their new extreme low-light capable sensor which showcases the ability to shoot Fireflies!
Canon surprises by discounting its only 4K camera in a DSLR body by a full third of its original MSRP.
While Canon's recent updates of its camera line may have left something to be desired, namely 4K recording, the company is stressing 19 improvements for its C100 Mark II over the previous model. The question remains: are these changes enough to entice buyers in an increasingly-competitive market?
The blockbuster science-fiction movie look is now available to anyone with a good story, creative vision and persistance.
We're following a bit of a theme here: ProRes versus in-camera recording. Here's an extremely interesting clip with a split-screen demonstration of ProRes vs a Canon C100's internal codec which is 24Mbit/s AVCHD
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (45074) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17694) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14859) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9772) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7608) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (405) Easy drag-and-drop video effects clips from Rampant
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (4870) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (1062) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (3478) How to calibrate your monitor
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (2031) New brushless 3-axis GoPro control adds pan & tilt