Phil Rhodes injects some reality into the current race for megapixels
It's been some time now since the digital stills fraternity stopped worrying about megapixels, at least to the extent that the Canon EOS 5D mark 3 was designed with only trivially greater resolution than its predecessor.
Blackmagic's introduction of the Ursa Mini camera again calls into question why a certain lens does not exist.
Dedicated to educating the industry on new cinematic technology, the Digital Cinema Society premieres the Digital Cinema Show, a magazine-style programme that examines the tech behind cinematography.
RedShark 12 Days of Christmas Replays: Guest writer, Wild Dog Limited’s Andrew Johnstone, is at a film gear crossroads - should he purchase his next documentary camera or stick with the 'old reliable'.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38708) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25712) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10673) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8839) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (6908) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (888) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1299) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1604) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (997) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1561) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone