RedShark Replay: How do you make the right choice from the plethora of good cameras available today? Especially if you want to make a film on your own.
Phil Rhodes injects some reality into the current race for megapixels
It's been some time now since the digital stills fraternity stopped worrying about megapixels, at least to the extent that the Canon EOS 5D mark 3 was designed with only trivially greater resolution than its predecessor.
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
Ever wonder what a Canon 5D MK2, an NEX FS100 and a Blackmagic Cinema camera look like, side by side? Probably not because two of these are the old models and you'd more likely be thinking about a 5D MK3, an NEX FS700 and the Blackmagic camera. But that doesn't make this any less interesting
Canon’s new 250 megapixel CMOS sensor is smaller than a 35mm full-frame sensor and allows you to distinguish the lettering on an aeroplane 11 miles (18km) away. The company has some impressive new 4K broadcast lenses in time for IBC too.
Here’s a great new video by a fellow called James Miller which is creating a bit of a stir around the internet as “the most beautiful video” from the Canon raw video hack so far
Canon surprises by discounting its only 4K camera in a DSLR body by a full third of its original MSRP.
Phil Rhodes shot a recent commercial using the Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K coupled with a Canon EF-S 60mm 2.8 USM Macro lens. These are his thoughts on the production.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17235) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12154) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7122) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5843) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5499) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (188) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (539) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1471) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1832) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1397) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]