Sony releases the A7 and A7R mirrorless full-frame cameras
Though it has been inevitably overshadowed by the Ursa Mini 4.6K, Simon Wyndham reckons that the Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera is well worth a look for specialist uses and more.
A fledgling website, shotonwhat.com, aims to be your new destination for movie tech info. The twist? The site needs you to fill in its blanks
Phil Rhodes argues that we're almost at the post-scarcity point with cameras where the equipment is so uniformly excellent that, if the end results don't look good, it's down to the user.
We have become so used to technological progress with mainstream video cameras being dizzyingly relentless that it’s almost a shock to come across a field where the dominant models are two years old and, as yet, there are no new ones on the horizon.
These days you often find that the most cutting-edge technology is in our smartphones and not our cameras. But the professional and the consumer markets do cross-fertilise, and it benefits us all
An accelerated evolution and a highly competitive market has helped ensure that cameras themselves are excellent now, but what about everything else? Phil Rhodes, RedShark's Technical Editor, gives his views ahead of the start of NAB.
There is always a frisson of excitement generated by big chip cameras, but that doesn’t mean they are always the best answer to the job in hand.
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (95631) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (39335) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 25 Oct 2016 - (25889) Apple could dominate the entire NLE space with the next Final Cut Pro
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (6609) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Tuesday 18 Oct 2016 - (5524) Panasonic AG-UX90 4K mid-sized camcorder on test
- Friday 28 Oct 2016 - (1331) Thanks to Apple, this is the FCP 10.3 review I can’t write
- Friday 28 Oct 2016 - (3282) Touch Bar MacBook Pro redefines high-end
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (865) Magic Bullet Suite leaps forward to Version 13
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (1930) Microsoft takes computers back to the drawing board with Surface Studio
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (940) ODA - the immediate archive [sponsored]