With Sony's F55 shaping up to be such a good device, it's reasonable to wonder about the future role of Sony's flagship camera, the F65. We spoke to Richard Lewis, Product Specialist for Cimenatography at Sony Europe, to get some definitive answers
The new Canon XA35 and XA30 are both aimed firmly at the prosumer market and, interestingly, are also considerably ramping up the dynamic range options available in this segment.
Internet forums, YouTube and magazines are full of articles extolling the virtues of large sensor video cameras, whether it's the Red Epic or the Canon C300. But should we be obsessed with the Big Chips, or do they have a downside as well. Kieron Seth investigates.
We're replaying some of the best articles from 2012 in case you missed them the first time round. Today: What does "broadcast quality" mean these days by Phil Rhodes
Just a few blurry shots but here's Sony's prototype 4K media player - and a shot in video of the 4K consumer camcorder
The conventional view is that cameras that allow you to work with multiple lenses are always better. Barry Braverman disagrees.
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
Is the camera industry in meltdown or is this a new age for cinematographers. And can you build a camera in your shed?
Electronics is so completely integrated now that building new equipment is just a matter of glueing together a few parts you can buy from the Internet. Is this true? And is this the biggest threat to traditional camera manufacturers? In this article, we investigate this, and the background to it, in detail
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38478) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25130) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10134) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8612) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6451) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (239) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (555) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (2745) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (982) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (1240) How to shoot good interviews