JVC has released details of their new GY-HM70 camera aimed at camera operators working at weddings, events and a wide range of other contexts. Stand-out features include strong low-light performance and "superior" image stabilisation
Yet another entrant in the crowded action camera field, the Panasonic HX-A100 sets itself apart by being wearable, right out of the box
Great news for JVC in Europe as the BBC orders over 500 cameras from the Japanese company. It's probably fair to say that this was a surprise for everyone, including JVC, as it was assumed by most people that Sony would get this order
This is the first of our series looking at people who run a video production business focusing on their strategy and their technology. Mark McCarthy of Sparky Media Productions specialises in very high quality video which is increasingly obtainable on lower-cost equipment - although he's not afraid to use high-end kit where necessary.
With Sony's F55 shaping up to be such a good device, it's reasonable to wonder about the future role of Sony's flagship camera, the F65. We spoke to Richard Lewis, Product Specialist for Cimenatography at Sony Europe, to get some definitive answers
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46506) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17172) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12030) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11862) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11046) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (730) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1347) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1730) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2934) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2018) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite