In many ways IBC2013 was a quiet show. Yes it boasted record visitor numbers, but few things happened out in Amsterdam that hadn’t been predicted beforehand: namely HEVC-powered 4K is on the horizon, the second screen is increasingly important to broadcasters’ plans, and higher frame-rate imaging is moving closer and closer to mainstream acceptance. Andy Stout looks back on five days in Amsterdam
Internet forums, YouTube and magazines are full of articles extolling the virtues of large sensor video cameras, whether it's the Red Epic or the Canon C300. But should we be obsessed with the Big Chips, or do they have a downside as well. Kieron Seth investigates.
The new Canon XA35 and XA30 are both aimed firmly at the prosumer market and, interestingly, are also considerably ramping up the dynamic range options available in this segment.
The JVC GY-HM650 is in several ways an important camera. It can record to two codecs simultaneously, and can stream over 3G/4G mobile and and WiFi. And the BBC loves them enough to have placed a very large order. Here's our in-depth review
Last year at NAB, Panasonic revealed its concept for a 4K varicam camcorder. And what a concept it was, with a large sensor and a revolutionary Android-based user interface. It looked like a genuinely new and refreshing idea for the incoming era of 4K or Ultra High Definition
This is a camera that's small enough to always have with you, but don't be deceived by the size: it's a very good imager, as Barry Braverman finds out
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (42021) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30404) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21378) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19335) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14408) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (242) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (782) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (822) [Sponsored] Amazing offer for Davinci Resolve training - only one day left
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1174) Panasonic aims Toughpad 4K Performance at film production
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1157) ARRI Amira now captures in Prores 4444 XQ