Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
The conventional view is that cameras that allow you to work with multiple lenses are always better. Barry Braverman disagrees.
Yet another entrant in the crowded action camera field, the Panasonic HX-A100 sets itself apart by being wearable, right out of the box
With sales of Sony's larger 4K cameras (the "CineAlta" range) kicking off - apparently more than 2000 F5 and F55s have been sold - Sony has introduced a version of their 4K codec that is more "consumer friendly"
The new Canon XA35 and XA30 are both aimed firmly at the prosumer market and, interestingly, are also considerably ramping up the dynamic range options available in this segment.
There seems to be no limit to the minutiae that can be displayed in a camera’s viewfinder. Focal distance, zoom percentage, date and time, battery condition, shutter, and umpteen other things, all contribute to the clutter; indeed, there is no shortage of miscellany that can obscure the viewing image and the edges of the frame
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38484) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25135) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10161) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8623) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6454) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (283) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (590) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (2812) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1010) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (1259) How to shoot good interviews