Procam, a UK-based hire company, has shown a huge commitment to 4K by placing the biggest ever order for equipment by a hire company with Sony
Last year at NAB, Panasonic revealed its concept for a 4K varicam camcorder. And what a concept it was, with a large sensor and a revolutionary Android-based user interface. It looked like a genuinely new and refreshing idea for the incoming era of 4K or Ultra High Definition
With sales of Sony's larger 4K cameras (the "CineAlta" range) kicking off - apparently more than 2000 F5 and F55s have been sold - Sony has introduced a version of their 4K codec that is more "consumer friendly"
We're replaying some of the best articles from 2012 in case you missed them the first time round. Today: What does "broadcast quality" mean these days by Phil Rhodes
This is a camera that's small enough to always have with you, but don't be deceived by the size: it's a very good imager, as Barry Braverman finds out
The conventional view is that cameras that allow you to work with multiple lenses are always better. Barry Braverman disagrees.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (18897) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12455) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Saturday 25 Feb 2017 - (12431) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Friday 24 Feb 2017 - (7883) Sony mirrorless cameras’ secret super power: Clear Image Zoom
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6752) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (301) Space X: The coolest video we saw last week
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (764) Sony Xperia XZ Premium: the extreme slo-mo cellphone
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (240) How driverless cars will lead to better cameras
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (3110) Panasonic GH5 noise reduction appears to be spectacular
- Sunday 26 Feb 2017 - (1564) Fire at Sea: How to grade for documentary