Just a few blurry shots but here's Sony's prototype 4K media player - and a shot in video of the 4K consumer camcorder
There seems to be no limit to the minutiae that can be displayed in a camera’s viewfinder. Focal distance, zoom percentage, date and time, battery condition, shutter, and umpteen other things, all contribute to the clutter; indeed, there is no shortage of miscellany that can obscure the viewing image and the edges of the frame
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
To mark the occasion of the new year, our editor has asked me to come up with some predictions for the coming twelve months
You may have heard that one of the top camera manufacturers is taking legal action against another for alleged patent infringement. This is news, but there's very little point in speculating about the outcome at this stage. Only a select group of people working for those companies will have access to evidence that proves the rights or wrongs of the case. We certainly don't
I recently had several hours to play with a pre-release Sony PMW-F55 camera. Sony also supplied me with 2 64gb SxsPro+ cards, the AXS-5 4K recorder, one AXSM 4K media storage, the new LCD viewfinder, the new Olivine battery, and last but hardly least, a new Sony 85mm prime lens
Open Source software. Somehow, it makes sense: talented developers contribute to projects in their spare time and the result is often stunningly good software. So what about Open Source hardware? That's different, and it's far more difficult
This is the first of our series looking at people who run a video production business focusing on their strategy and their technology. Mark McCarthy of Sparky Media Productions specialises in very high quality video which is increasingly obtainable on lower-cost equipment - although he's not afraid to use high-end kit where necessary.
So, we've seen the announcement from Sony of two new 4K cameras, new codecs, new recording media and a new 30" 4K LCD monitor. Just how significant is this, and is this the 4K Tipping Point, at least for production, if not all the way to the home?
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (7335) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 20 Nov 2016 - (7049) Pairing lenses with different mounts: What you need to know
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (6858) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Tuesday 22 Nov 2016 - (6424) Is DJI going to stop at just dominating the drone market?
- Friday 18 Nov 2016 - (5283) The Grand Tour: Amazon Prime changes the game on so many levels
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (359) Is there simply too much video on the internet?
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (2026) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (631) A quick look at Teradek’s Sphere 360 system [video]
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (909) YouTube intros 4K live streaming
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (2601) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface