We're replaying some of the best articles from 2012 in case you missed them the first time round. Today: What does "broadcast quality" mean these days by Phil Rhodes
Equipped with a proxy encoder and WiFi module the Panasonic AG-HPX600 ushers in an era of the camera-server that enables remote operation, screening, and collaboration, on a level we haven’t previously experienced. Barry Braverman reports
The JVC GY-HM650 is in several ways an important camera. It can record to two codecs simultaneously, and can stream over 3G/4G mobile and and WiFi. And the BBC loves them enough to have placed a very large order. Here's our in-depth review
With sales of Sony's larger 4K cameras (the "CineAlta" range) kicking off - apparently more than 2000 F5 and F55s have been sold - Sony has introduced a version of their 4K codec that is more "consumer friendly"
This holiday we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time. Today: Electronics is so completely integrated now that building new equipment is just a matter of glueing together a few parts you can buy from the Internet. Is this true? And is this the biggest threat to traditional camera manufacturers? In this article, we investigate this, and the background to it, in detail
This is a camera that's small enough to always have with you, but don't be deceived by the size: it's a very good imager, as Barry Braverman finds out
Last year at NAB, Panasonic revealed its concept for a 4K varicam camcorder. And what a concept it was, with a large sensor and a revolutionary Android-based user interface. It looked like a genuinely new and refreshing idea for the incoming era of 4K or Ultra High Definition
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (22226) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (16020) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (13038) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11214) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Monday 18 Jul 2016 - (7178) Working with resolutions above 4K: We interview renowned cinematographer Shane Hurlbut, ASC
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (369) A high CRI tungsten-balanced LED that won't break the bank
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (594) Why the world’s best movie theatre is often found at IBC in Amsterdam
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (751) All about colour with Apocalypse Now cinematographer Vittorio Storaro
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (1811) AMD Radeon accelerates GPU performance 5x to deal with 8K
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (1772) Blackmagic's Fusion 8.2 coming to Linux in both free and paid versions