It's not just the UFO that's fake in this video - it's the car and the sky and the camera shake. In other words, the whole video is CGI. Even the pinging of the "Driver's Door Open" warning
RedShark Summer Replay: With computer graphics power increasing faster than Moore's Law, we've come a long way in seventeen years...
In advance of Siggraph 2015, a team of researchers from the University of Southern California details a process for making CGI skin more realistic, taking us one step closer to finally bridging that 'Uncanny Valley'.
The blockbuster science-fiction movie look is now available to anyone with a good story, creative vision and persistance.
Cinesite acquired Image Engine in the summer of 2015, combining forces of two of the most respected and sought after VFX companies. Check out their show reels!
Fur. It's hard to model in CGI. For a start, it's not one object but hundreds or thousands or millions of them. To make them convincing you have to model them; understanding how they move relative to each other, and to the animal or human that they're attached to
SYNC is a Sci Fi high concept short film by our friend and RedShark contributor Hasraf Dulull (HaZ)
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (94486) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38828) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22508) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Saturday 8 Oct 2016 - (14860) The art of Colour Rendering
- Sunday 9 Oct 2016 - (6572) BenQ’s impressive PV3200PT UHD display reviewed
- Sunday 23 Oct 2016 - (543) A still image that is so beautiful: Antares rocket launch long exposure
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1478) What happens when you put a 1000W LED onto a drone?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1143) The end of shaky video?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1464) What Convergent has done with Titan shows the way to capturing all camera angles at once
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (5521) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016