You really can't believe what you see these days. And that's even more true for historically-set dramas where to recreate authentic 360 degree retro environments would be so expensive as to severly limit the scope of the productions
A new cityscape generator from Video Copilot could save hours, if not years...
SYNC is a Sci Fi high concept short film by our friend and RedShark contributor Hasraf Dulull (HaZ)
I don't know about you but I simply can't get enough VFX and Compositing breakdowns. The reason is that special effects are now so good that you don't always know they're there. It's pretty obvious with explosions, but what's definitely not so obvious is when a whole cityscape is fabricated
In advance of Siggraph 2015, a team of researchers from the University of Southern California details a process for making CGI skin more realistic, taking us one step closer to finally bridging that 'Uncanny Valley'.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47328) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13489) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12403) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11512) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9138) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (194) Roku 4 adds 4K streaming
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (674) RE:Vison Effects anti-flicker plugins now available for Nuke, Fusion and other OpenFX hosts
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (544) You can't always trust your television
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (1571) The new normal: expect surprises
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (2459) RedShark Review: Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Monitor