A high-end rendering technique that was previously only availble on workstations (and even then very slowly!) is coming to your phones
In advance of Siggraph 2015, a team of researchers from the University of Southern California details a process for making CGI skin more realistic, taking us one step closer to finally bridging that 'Uncanny Valley'.
A new cityscape generator from Video Copilot could save hours, if not years...
More hyper-realistic CGI, with innovative motion capture techniques
Here's how Disney uses the power of mathematics to create awesome-looking snow
Anyone working with digital tools today has a wide choice of applications for specialized tasks. An office suite consists of a program for writing text, one for spreadsheets, presentations, a database etc. For a VFX workflow you might use a tool for tracking, one for compositing, one for editing, various tools for simulations and specialized applications for modelling, sculpting, texturing and animation. RedShark contributor and Blender expert Gottfried Hoffmann reports
Weta Digital is at it again! This time, the red-hot VFX house is inventing new ways to overrun the Earth with primates, as evidenced by an illuminating behind the scenes featurette for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (43686) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30547) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21497) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19504) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14579) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (916) RedShark Exclusive Competition: Win a Panasonic DVX200 - one of the most talked about cameras of the year
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (554) Will AMD's new CAD-centric FirePro W4300 graphics card also be good for film?
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (5227) This is how ARRI makes cameras - RedShark Exclusive
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (1837) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (2041) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right