I don't know about you but I simply can't get enough VFX and Compositing breakdowns. The reason is that special effects are now so good that you don't always know they're there. It's pretty obvious with explosions, but what's definitely not so obvious is when a whole cityscape is fabricated
With computer graphics power increasing faster than Moore's Law, we've come a long way in seventeen years...
A really great resource for anyone wanting to learn this complex software
3D video - not just stereoscopic video but moving images that you can literally walk around - will need a different kind of camera.
In the final installment of Peter Jackson’s video blog, the director introduces The Hobbit’s post crew, while the team scrambles to complete the film.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46467) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17153) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12010) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11682) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11022) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (563) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1296) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1635) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2851) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1940) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite