There's no better way to get the attention of the big film companies than to make a breathtaking CGI short
Have a close look at this video clip. It’s an advert for a high-end kitchen worktop manufacturer. Watch it in 720p, and look as closely as you can at the camerawork, the clever use of depth of field, the lighting, and particularly the fresh fruit.
And then reflect on the fact that no cameras - or indeed fruit - were involved in the making of this at all.
In the final installment of Peter Jackson’s video blog, the director introduces The Hobbit’s post crew, while the team scrambles to complete the film.
In advance of Siggraph 2015, a team of researchers from the University of Southern California details a process for making CGI skin more realistic, taking us one step closer to finally bridging that 'Uncanny Valley'.
SYNC is a Sci Fi high concept short film by our friend and RedShark contributor Hasraf Dulull (HaZ)
Cinesite acquired Image Engine in the summer of 2015, combining forces of two of the most respected and sought after VFX companies. Check out their show reels!
- Wednesday 24 Aug 2016 - (65191) Five top tips for colorists
- Saturday 27 Aug 2016 - (17430) Why some products are delivered late
- Wednesday 17 Aug 2016 - (15597) Canon EOS 5K Mk IV details leaked: surprisingly few surprises
- Friday 26 Aug 2016 - (10869) First Hands-On with the new EOS 5D Mk IV: 500Mbit/s 4K recording
- Saturday 20 Aug 2016 - (10378) Is the iPhone really a threat to video professionals?
- Tuesday 30 Aug 2016 - (147) Signiant Media Shuttle transforms a video production company [Sponsored]
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (473) Cheap cameras becoming expendable in big budget films?
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (911) RØDE Microphones unveils upgrades
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (1613) Why the 5D Mk IV's sensor crop for 4K video is not that big a deal [Opinion]
- Sunday 28 Aug 2016 - (811) How to take a photo at 130,000mph