The Mighty Kong is back, via an upcoming feature-length movie followed by 12 half-hour episodes, courtesy of Netflix. Web-based content delivery and all-CG animation won't be the only ways in which the classic creature is updated, however.
It's well-documented that the VFX industry is in a state of flux. Meanwhile, there's a new generation of CGI artists. Here's a piece made by students from the Platige Academy. It's their impressive short 'How to Train Your Robot'.
Here's how Disney uses the power of mathematics to create awesome-looking snow
A new cityscape generator from Video Copilot could save hours, if not years...
SYNC is a Sci Fi high concept short film by our friend and RedShark contributor Hasraf Dulull (HaZ)
Here's how far you can go without using CGI!
Weta Digital is at it again! This time, the red-hot VFX house is inventing new ways to overrun the Earth with primates, as evidenced by an illuminating behind the scenes featurette for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
In advance of Siggraph 2015, a team of researchers from the University of Southern California details a process for making CGI skin more realistic, taking us one step closer to finally bridging that 'Uncanny Valley'.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47611) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14002) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12531) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11630) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9330) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (601) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1002) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1183) Sony splits off image sensor business
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (994) Roku 4 brings 4K streaming for $129 into your living room
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (1259) RE:Vison Effects anti-flicker plugins now available for Nuke, Fusion and other OpenFX hosts