Anyone working with digital tools today has a wide choice of applications for specialized tasks. An office suite consists of a program for writing text, one for spreadsheets, presentations, a database etc. For a VFX workflow you might use a tool for tracking, one for compositing, one for editing, various tools for simulations and specialized applications for modelling, sculpting, texturing and animation. RedShark contributor and Blender expert Gottfried Hoffmann reports
Siggraph has produced a trailer highlighting some of the new and exciting experimental stuff that will be presented at the show
We couldn't resist bringing you this trailer for the film Gravity, starring Sandra Bullock and George Cloony. Directed by Alfonso Cuarón, this is quite simply the most breathtaking trailer we've ever seen
There’s more to Laika’s latest animated movie The Boxtrolls than meets the eye, not least in the way this ostensibly stop-motion creation seamlessly utilises modern animation techniques and even 3D printing to tell its wonderfully dark, critcally-acclaimed and subversive story.
The quest to find the way out of the Uncanny Valley is making progress
More hyper-realistic CGI, with innovative motion capture techniques
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46548) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17213) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (12067) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12061) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11065) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (180) Microsoft makes 3D scanning possible with any mobile phone
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (882) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1410) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1862) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (3061) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations