We couldn't resist bringing you this trailer for the film Gravity, starring Sandra Bullock and George Cloony. Directed by Alfonso Cuarón, this is quite simply the most breathtaking trailer we've ever seen
There’s more to Laika’s latest animated movie The Boxtrolls than meets the eye, not least in the way this ostensibly stop-motion creation seamlessly utilises modern animation techniques and even 3D printing to tell its wonderfully dark, critcally-acclaimed and subversive story.
The quest to find the way out of the Uncanny Valley is making progress
Here's an exciting and rather insipiring new sci-fi short, Atropa, featuring gorgeous visuals and deft direction, all of which has been achieved on a shoestring budget.
Is CGI actually making films less convincing?
More hyper-realistic CGI, with innovative motion capture techniques
It's well-documented that the VFX industry is in a state of flux. Meanwhile, there's a new generation of CGI artists. Here's a piece made by students from the Platige Academy. It's their impressive short 'How to Train Your Robot'.
- Saturday 14 May 2016 - (20594) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20272) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (18868) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (12887) Five things a Colorist would like to say to a DP
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (10741) 7 Free Motion Design Assets for Video Editors [sponsored]
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (857) Adobe to add native ProRes support to Windows software
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (479) LEDs and the power to (battery) weight ratio
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (1439) Update on the sale of Sony Vegas to Magix (Further update: Sony's own statement).
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (771) Europe mulls quota on streaming content
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (3346) Sony sells Vegas and more to Magix