The quest to find the way out of the Uncanny Valley is making progress
Baz Lurhmann's The Great Gatsby is built not around expensive sets but probably some of the best CGI ever seen (well, we should probably say "apart from Gravity" - which, although it's in a CGI league of it's own, is not exactly a historical costume drama)
3D video - not just stereoscopic video but moving images that you can literally walk around - will need a different kind of camera.
A new cityscape generator from Video Copilot could save hours, if not years...
Good CGI is so realistic that you don't always know when you're looking at it. So, Ironically, CGI artists take it as a compliment when their work goes unnoticed.
Here's a video tutorial to model a CGI strawberry. Although it's specifically for Cinema 4D, those using other 3D modeling and animation programs could pick up some tips as well.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47225) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17658) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13225) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12347) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11452) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (123) You can't always trust your television
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (1134) The new normal: expect surprises
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (2198) RedShark Review: Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Monitor
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (2268) HP unveils revamped workstations and hints at Skylake
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (5303) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world