Here's how far you can go without using CGI!
Cinesite acquired Image Engine in the summer of 2015, combining forces of two of the most respected and sought after VFX companies. Check out their show reels!
This holiday we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time. Today: have you ever heard the collective sound of several hundred people's jaws dropping? If you've been to a cinema where they're showing the Life of Pi for the first time, then you probably have
It's not just the UFO that's fake in this video - it's the car and the sky and the camera shake. In other words, the whole video is CGI. Even the pinging of the "Driver's Door Open" warning
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38550) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25204) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10317) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8696) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6562) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (157) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (740) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (589) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (963) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (4417) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price