CES - the consumer electronics show - is coming soon, and we'll be watching it quite intensely because in so many ways the consumer business leads the professional one these days, so it's important to see what the trends are because that is how we'll know what sort of devices we'll have to make content for in the future
This is a funny time of year for any online technology publication. With Christmas coming up, you’d expect that nothing much would happen until the new year. But that's not quite right.
LG unleashes a pre-emptive strike on the competition by announcing its CES lineup weeks before the show.
Just a few blurry shots but here's Sony's prototype 4K media player - and a shot in video of the 4K consumer camcorder
- Tuesday 6 Dec 2016 - (14500) The RED Epic-W: the best dual purpose still/cinematography camera yet?
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (7965) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (7193) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (4154) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (4032) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (84) Imagineer ramps up mocha Pro features
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (389) Learn Resolve editing from importing media to final delivery
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (517) Miller ArrowX 3 tripod on test: it's all a question of balance
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (1372) Sony FS7 II out and about in New York [footage]
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (440) Steerable lasers: is this how video projectors will work in the future?