Do we look at CES as a vision of the future, or do we look at it with a mixture of laughter and astonishment at how technology companies can find very complicated ways of doing simple things?
The first big event of the year, CES, arrives hot on the heels of the New Year break. David Shapton looks at some of the technologies that may be making an appearance first on the showfloor and then in your living room not long after.
LG unleashes a pre-emptive strike on the competition by announcing its CES lineup weeks before the show.
The Panasonic GH5 represents a significant upgrade over the previous GH4, which is all the more impressive given that its very popular successor isn’t even three years old yet. Here, in detail, are all the upgrades and improvements.
Samsung's M9500 Blu-ray player, an early release in the field of HDR-compatible consumer devices and on show later this week at CES, could signal the start of a movement away from Dolby Vision.
Amid all the usual hoopla about wacky gadgets — this year being AI toothbrushes, robotic cushion cleaners and walk around VR — you can rest assured that the old product category of TVs is where the largest manufacturers are putting most of their marketing and R&D. These were the CES 2017 highlights.
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24358) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (14527) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8822) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8016) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 - (6522) Panasonic reveals the GH5: and it’s a stunner
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (208) This might be the tipping point for 8K
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (471) A timelapse system that works unattended for months
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (6114) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (1079) An Apple Studios original?
- Sunday 15 Jan 2017 - (1345) Premiere Pro Video Transitions 101: A Step-by-Step Guide [sponsored]