There's always a moment when the harsh nature of reality is crystallised; when however hard you try, you can't pretend any more that things are OK. For most people, this type of thing happens when they get their first credit card bill after Christmas. For Red, one imagines, their corporate hearts stopped for a moment last Tuesday, 30th October, when Sony revealed the scale of their new camera ecosystem.
Our friends at Cinema 5D have an interesting theory - and they may well be right. Does this mean a new Canon EOS 5D?
How do you make the right choice from the plethora of good cameras available today? Especially if you want to make a film on your own.
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
Here it is: the new 4K EOS C300 MK II
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (42129) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30426) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21403) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19366) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14437) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (372) This is how ARRI makes cameras - RedShark Exclusive
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (718) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1005) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1005) [Sponsored] Amazing offer for Davinci Resolve training - Extended for Tuesday!
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1294) Panasonic aims Toughpad 4K Performance at film production