There's always a moment when the harsh nature of reality is crystallised; when however hard you try, you can't pretend any more that things are OK. For most people, this type of thing happens when they get their first credit card bill after Christmas. For Red, one imagines, their corporate hearts stopped for a moment last Tuesday, 30th October, when Sony revealed the scale of their new camera ecosystem.
How do you make the right choice from the plethora of good cameras available today? Especially if you want to make a film on your own.
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
Here it is: the new 4K EOS C300 MK II
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (21461) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Saturday 14 May 2016 - (20661) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20363) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (13048) Five things a Colorist would like to say to a DP
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (10837) 7 Free Motion Design Assets for Video Editors [sponsored]
- Friday 27 May 2016 - (387) Olympus' impressive new action cam challenges GoPro
- Friday 27 May 2016 - (3776) The Sony PXW-Z150: “It is astounding what Sony has achieved for this price.”
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (809) Are we ready for driverless...cameras?
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (3683) Adobe to add native ProRes support to Windows software
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (893) LEDs and the power to (battery) weight ratio