There's always a moment when the harsh nature of reality is crystallised; when however hard you try, you can't pretend any more that things are OK. For most people, this type of thing happens when they get their first credit card bill after Christmas. For Red, one imagines, their corporate hearts stopped for a moment last Tuesday, 30th October, when Sony revealed the scale of their new camera ecosystem.
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
How do you make the right choice from the plethora of good cameras available today? Especially if you want to make a film on your own.
Our friends at Cinema 5D have an interesting theory - and they may well be right. Does this mean a new Canon EOS 5D?
Here it is: the new 4K EOS C300 MK II
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (45233) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17949) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14907) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9806) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7643) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Wednesday 14 Oct 2015 - (126) Royalty free music licensing?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (781) Easy drag-and-drop video effects clips from Rampant
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (6095) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (1302) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (4201) How to calibrate your monitor