There's always a moment when the harsh nature of reality is crystallised; when however hard you try, you can't pretend any more that things are OK. For most people, this type of thing happens when they get their first credit card bill after Christmas. For Red, one imagines, their corporate hearts stopped for a moment last Tuesday, 30th October, when Sony revealed the scale of their new camera ecosystem.
Our friends at Cinema 5D have an interesting theory - and they may well be right. Does this mean a new Canon EOS 5D?
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47669) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14050) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12544) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11655) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9367) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (788) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1169) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1254) Sony splits off image sensor business
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (1085) Roku 4 brings 4K streaming for $129 into your living room
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (1310) RE:Vison Effects anti-flicker plugins now available for Nuke, Fusion and other OpenFX hosts