You simply have to be amazed at current consumer TV technology.
Perhaps the biggest progress in TVs in the last twenty years is the sheer beauty of their design, and the engineering marvels that have made it possible
It's started. The most important part of Sony's 4K ecosystem is in the shops: an 84" Bravia TV with quad HD resolution.
Curved screens are shaping up as a key differentiator between top and lower tier television brands, especially those jumping in the race to put an UltraHD television in your home. Sony is the latest to follow the curve, introducing its first (less) curved line of 4K UHD televisions.
Sony's setting the pace for 4K, from the Lens to the Living Room, to use one of their favourite marketing phrases. And to show their commitment to the format, they've annouced that the're remastering some of their Blu Ray titles from 4K masters. It's good because it's a source of higher quality content for 4K display owners. But RedShark contributor Freya thinks it will also confuse customers. Here's her thoughts on the subject
Sony has been teasing us with glimpses of their new 4K delivery system since shortly after they released details of their 84" 4K Bravia TV. Concrete details have been thin on the ground, and we still don't know what the final product will look like. And there's a bigger question as well…
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (94919) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38974) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22618) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (6014) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Tuesday 18 Oct 2016 - (4814) Panasonic AG-UX90 4K mid-sized camcorder on test
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (241) None more black: recreating the majesty of Dark Skies [sponsored]
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (830) The good news about high resolution and storage
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (835) Get illuminated with Logickeyboard’s new backlit Astra keyboard
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (937) The actual cost of your iPhone camera
- Monday 24 Oct 2016 - (1049) The real reason why we need 8K