A day is a long time in digital video technology. And what we now know is that the battle-lines have been drawn for the fight over 4K delivery. Is this simply a squabble between obscure and proprietary systems, or the end-game in the democratisation of cinema that started with the RED One, and blossomed into the plethora of affordable cameras that start with DSLRs and go all the way up to the new Sony F55?
It's started. The most important part of Sony's 4K ecosystem is in the shops: an 84" Bravia TV with quad HD resolution.
Sony has been teasing us with glimpses of their new 4K delivery system since shortly after they released details of their 84" 4K Bravia TV. Concrete details have been thin on the ground, and we still don't know what the final product will look like. And there's a bigger question as well…
RedShark Editor Dave Shapton presents the still controversial view that 4K is already a done deal, and that it's not just a marketing ploy but has real advantages for content creators and viewers
Well, Sony promised it “after Thanksgiving”, and here it is: the first details of Sony’s new 4K delivery system which may or may not show the way to the post Blu-Ray era
Curved screens are shaping up as a key differentiator between top and lower tier television brands, especially those jumping in the race to put an UltraHD television in your home. Sony is the latest to follow the curve, introducing its first (less) curved line of 4K UHD televisions.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47901) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14181) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12644) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9430) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7010) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (281) Intel Cannonlake 8-core and the future of the PC
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (1904) DJI intros integrated, stabilised handheld 4K camera
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (7001) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1404) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1682) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture