Sony has been teasing us with glimpses of their new 4K delivery system since shortly after they released details of their 84" 4K Bravia TV. Concrete details have been thin on the ground, and we still don't know what the final product will look like. And there's a bigger question as well…
A day is a long time in digital video technology. And what we now know is that the battle-lines have been drawn for the fight over 4K delivery. Is this simply a squabble between obscure and proprietary systems, or the end-game in the democratisation of cinema that started with the RED One, and blossomed into the plethora of affordable cameras that start with DSLRs and go all the way up to the new Sony F55?
You simply have to be amazed at current consumer TV technology.
It's started. The most important part of Sony's 4K ecosystem is in the shops: an 84" Bravia TV with quad HD resolution.
RedShark Editor Dave Shapton presents the still controversial view that 4K is already a done deal, and that it's not just a marketing ploy but has real advantages for content creators and viewers
Well, Sony promised it “after Thanksgiving”, and here it is: the first details of Sony’s new 4K delivery system which may or may not show the way to the post Blu-Ray era
Perhaps the biggest progress in TVs in the last twenty years is the sheer beauty of their design, and the engineering marvels that have made it possible
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46489) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17159) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12020) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11752) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11035) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (607) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1314) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1679) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2884) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1966) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite