You simply have to be amazed at current consumer TV technology.
A day is a long time in digital video technology. And what we now know is that the battle-lines have been drawn for the fight over 4K delivery. Is this simply a squabble between obscure and proprietary systems, or the end-game in the democratisation of cinema that started with the RED One, and blossomed into the plethora of affordable cameras that start with DSLRs and go all the way up to the new Sony F55?
Sony's setting the pace for 4K, from the Lens to the Living Room, to use one of their favourite marketing phrases. And to show their commitment to the format, they've annouced that the're remastering some of their Blu Ray titles from 4K masters. It's good because it's a source of higher quality content for 4K display owners. But RedShark contributor Freya thinks it will also confuse customers. Here's her thoughts on the subject
It's started. The most important part of Sony's 4K ecosystem is in the shops: an 84" Bravia TV with quad HD resolution.
Sony has been teasing us with glimpses of their new 4K delivery system since shortly after they released details of their 84" 4K Bravia TV. Concrete details have been thin on the ground, and we still don't know what the final product will look like. And there's a bigger question as well…
Curved screens are shaping up as a key differentiator between top and lower tier television brands, especially those jumping in the race to put an UltraHD television in your home. Sony is the latest to follow the curve, introducing its first (less) curved line of 4K UHD televisions.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17091) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12131) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7115) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5829) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5350) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (380) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (914) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1595) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1275) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1083) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR