This year's NAB show has proved to be an interesting one for Digital Bolex, and perhaps not in a way that they would have wanted. With Blackmagic announcing (out of the blue!) their Pocket Cinema Camera - essentially at 16mm digital cinema camera - the "digital 16mm" space is now alive with competition
While Blackmagic Design nearly stole NAB 2014 with the announcements of the URSA and Studio cameras, not everyone is happy with the news. Some customers are still waiting for promised improvements and bug fixes for their current cameras. Here's Blackmagic's response.
Following in the wake of a recent update that unlocked in-camera formatting for the 4K Production Camera, Blackmagic has just released another update that gives that formatting functionality to its 2.5K and HD Pocket Cameras.
Last week I was very fortunate to be able to borrow a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera for the afternoon. I was meeting my daughter in Camden Market so I took the camera along and shot some bits and pieces. I have uploaded the footage to Vimeo
There's some amazing and rather beautiful science called for when we scale video and convert frame rates. This rather technical-sounding subject turns out to be a fascinating story.
Much has been made of the upcoming Canon 70D’s new autofocus system. Panasonic’s been working on its own revolution in autofocus. But where is it?
The unavailability of the Blackmagic Cinema Camera until recently has not slowed down the software development team. They've just released version 1.2, the headline feature of which is Timelapse
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47696) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14059) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12547) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11661) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9370) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (189) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (829) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1210) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1262) Sony splits off image sensor business
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (1103) Roku 4 brings 4K streaming for $129 into your living room