With all the modern technology available, why do we still not have the ideal documentary camera?
Blackmagic has unveiled the latest iteration of its popular color grading application, Da Vinci Resolve, with a public beta that furthers its progression towards being a fully-featured editor.
At IBC2014, storage media giant SanDisk announced a world's first: an SD card with a whopping 512GB, or half-a-terabyte, capacity!
The 4K Production Camera is a camera that has been on the radar of many a camera owners mind since it was announced last year. Amongst the promises were 4K resolution, naturally, and a global shutter. All for the price of a couple of decent DSLR lenses.
With a lot of focus shifting to the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera last year and the Production Camera this year, it's easy to forget that the original 2.5K Cinema Camera is such a capable beast - and especially so considering its dramatic price reduction
It's not shipping yet, but there are encouraging signs!
The Blackmagic Pocket Camera finally ships in a few days. But there’s a new MFT camera on the horizon. It’s missing RAW recording, but has one killer, must-have feature.
This year's NAB show has proved to be an interesting one for Digital Bolex, and perhaps not in a way that they would have wanted. With Blackmagic announcing (out of the blue!) their Pocket Cinema Camera - essentially at 16mm digital cinema camera - the "digital 16mm" space is now alive with competition
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29860) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21019) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17808) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13231) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (9967) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (18) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (451) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (1950) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (5437) Panasonic 4K tech lets you change focus in post
- Monday 23 Nov 2015 - (2108) The evolution of editing: where will it go next?