As NAB Show 2015 quickly approaches, we survey the buzz around rumored announcements from Canon, Sony, Panasonic and Blackmagic Design.
Blackmagic has announced that Fusion 8.2 has arrived for the Linux platform, following the same tiered pricing model as the company's other film creativity and productivity software.
At this year's NAB show in Las Vegas Autodesk announced that they were working with Blackmagic Designs to add support for their video I/O cards in Smoke 2013. It looks like that support is going to be here next week.
RedShark News Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, reviews Blackmagic's 4K SDI to HDMI converter and investigates its usefulness in a production environment.
Phil Rhodes shot a recent commercial using the Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K coupled with a Canon EF-S 60mm 2.8 USM Macro lens. These are his thoughts on the production.
A recent global firmware update for all Blackmagic cameras boosts the top Prores recording option on the URSA and introduces other fixes and improvements for the rest of the lineup.
It's not shipping yet, but there are encouraging signs!
The software upgrade was issued on Tuesday, and how we've got the first results
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17231) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12154) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7122) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5842) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5495) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (145) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (526) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1455) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1823) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1386) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]