Now that the set is almost complete, we take a closer look at the expanding line-up of Veydra mini-prime cinema lenses and find a lot to like for around $1000 a piece.
This year's NAB show has proved to be an interesting one for Digital Bolex, and perhaps not in a way that they would have wanted. With Blackmagic announcing (out of the blue!) their Pocket Cinema Camera - essentially at 16mm digital cinema camera - the "digital 16mm" space is now alive with competition
Inexpensive cameras are increasingly used in high-end productions as 'crash' or 'stunt' cams.
Along with WB and saturation improvements, the latest camera software for the Ursa Mini camera line may fix the magenta corners reported by some users of the 4.6K variant.
RedShark News Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, reviews Blackmagic's 4K SDI to HDMI converter and investigates its usefulness in a production environment.
The most recent update to Blackmagic's popular colour grading and editing software, Davinci Resolve, leverages the Touch Bar on the new Macbook Pro and brings other new features.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16813) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12066) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10890) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7104) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5805) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (140) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (258) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1201) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1083) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (929) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR