There's so much interest in the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, and so little footage available from it, that when some does appear, it is news
Adobe have just released an update for their Creative Cloud subscribers which updates most of the applications to the "CC" version. At the same time Blackmagic have updated the drivers for their Video I/O devices to support the new Adobe apps.
RED is working on some kind of camera that it's slowly teasing to the world in partially obscured photos and hints. Could this finally be its long-rumoured consumer-oriented camera?
We're at NAB today - it starts in a few hours, and the first meeting for us is the BMD press conference. It's exciting and with good reason: you can expect some VERY big announcements that will shake the industry to the core
RedShark News Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, reviews Blackmagic's 4K SDI to HDMI converter and investigates its usefulness in a production environment.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38317) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24994) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9631) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8476) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6412) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (222) Announced today: The Varicam LT is Panasonic's more affordable cinema camera. Top end features for a much lower price.
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (334) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (857) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (835) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (452) How to complain effectively