Much has been made of the upcoming Canon 70D’s new autofocus system. Panasonic’s been working on its own revolution in autofocus. But where is it?
There seems to be some confusion regarding Blackmagic's promotion of the Pocket Cinema Camera at $495, with some outlets reporting its abrupt ending, just one week after launch. We asked Blackmagic for clarification.
With all the excitement - and copious examples of footage - from the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, our attention has been diverted from the other big news from NAB this year: the 4K Production Camera
Blackmagic have made a habit of buying up companies, revamping the products and then re-releasing them at a massively reduced cost. Certainly that has been the case with DaVinci, with their Resolve colour grading software now available for a fraction of the price and the lite version for free. And they didn't stop there, not only is Resolve now incredibly good value but the performance and capabilities get stronger with each new release.
One River Media were granted just three hours with a 4K BMPC, and they've gone flat-out to show what you can do with it
While many production houses and broadcasters are adopting 4K workflows, guest author Fran de Souza, who resides on the border between Uruguay and Brazil, details his television station's struggle in transitioning from SD to HD broadcast in 2015 and the stroke of ingenuity that made it happen.
In the third part of our four part series on video processing and standards conversion, Phil Rhodes explains why frame rate conversions and temporal remapping is such arduous tasks.
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (44999) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17565) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14846) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9765) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7599) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (301) Easy drag-and-drop video effects clips from Rampant
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (4410) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (987) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (3132) How to calibrate your monitor
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (1899) New brushless 3-axis GoPro control adds pan & tilt