RedShark News Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, reviews Blackmagic's 4K SDI to HDMI converter and investigates its usefulness in a production environment.
This is possibly the most unusual recording format we've seen. The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is one of the first to support it. Here's what it is, and what it isn't
A total software rewrite for URSA Mini, a 7" 4K Video Assist and a radical new way to distribute UHD video are some of the highlights of Blackmagic's announcements at NAB this year.
While many production houses and broadcasters are adopting 4K workflows, guest author Fran de Souza, who resides on the border between Uruguay and Brazil, details his television station's struggle in transitioning from SD to HD broadcast in 2015 and the stroke of ingenuity that made it happen.
Here's another chance to read Peter Haas's epic article on when you should use raw. (It's over a year old, so you may find some of the references outdated, but it's still an important read).
Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, reports from London's BVE 2015, both a precursor to the forthcoming NAB and a possible indicator of what we'll see there.
The most recent update to Blackmagic's popular colour grading and editing software, Davinci Resolve, leverages the Touch Bar on the new Macbook Pro and brings other new features.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (18887) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12455) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Saturday 25 Feb 2017 - (12429) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Friday 24 Feb 2017 - (7881) Sony mirrorless cameras’ secret super power: Clear Image Zoom
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6752) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (288) Space X: The coolest video we saw last week
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (758) Sony Xperia XZ Premium: the extreme slo-mo cellphone
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (240) How driverless cars will lead to better cameras
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (3098) Panasonic GH5 noise reduction appears to be spectacular
- Sunday 26 Feb 2017 - (1562) Fire at Sea: How to grade for documentary