Could cameras like the AJA CION usher in a return to capturing great images in-camera? Simon Wyndham investigates.
I may be the editor of RedShark but until today I haven't actually had a chance to get my hands on a Blackmagic Cinema Camera other than at trade shows. Well, we do have one now and I was in London helping Phil Rhodes shoot some scenes for an upcoming article - so I just thought that, even though I'm probably the last person on earth to see the camera properly, I'd write some first impressions
Much has been made of the upcoming Canon 70D’s new autofocus system. Panasonic’s been working on its own revolution in autofocus. But where is it?
Jonny Elwyn tries out the multitude of new editing tools in the public beta of Blackmagic's DaVinci Resolve 12 and gives us the lowdown from an editor's point of view.
There's so much interest in the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, and so little footage available from it, that when some does appear, it is news
Blackmagic's pocket cinema camera surprised everyone when it was announced, first by its mere and unexpected appearance, and second, by it's strikingly low price
RedShark News Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, reviews Blackmagic's 4K SDI to HDMI converter and investigates its usefulness in a production environment.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47113) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17557) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13109) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12311) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11377) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (564) The new normal: expect surprises
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (1811) RedShark Review: Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Monitor
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (1997) HP unveils revamped workstations and hints at Skylake
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (4594) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (2361) Microsoft makes 3D scanning possible with any mobile phone