While many production houses and broadcasters are adopting 4K workflows, guest author Fran de Souza, who resides on the border between Uruguay and Brazil, details his television station's struggle in transitioning from SD to HD broadcast in 2015 and the stroke of ingenuity that made it happen.
There's so much interest in the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, and so little footage available from it, that when some does appear, it is news
While Blackmagic Design nearly stole NAB 2014 with the announcements of the URSA and Studio cameras, not everyone is happy with the news. Some customers are still waiting for promised improvements and bug fixes for their current cameras. Here's Blackmagic's response.
Electronics is so completely integrated now that building new equipment is just a matter of glueing together a few parts you can buy from the Internet. Is this true? And is this the biggest threat to traditional camera manufacturers? In this article, we investigate this, and the background to it, in detail
In the third part of our four part series on video processing and standards conversion, Phil Rhodes explains why frame rate conversions and temporal remapping is such arduous tasks.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38581) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25223) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10374) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8711) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6573) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (333) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (865) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (672) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1093) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (4983) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price