Blackmagic Design is using IBC as its soapbox for a bevy of announcements, including an update of Davinci Resolve, PL mounts for the 2.5K Cinema and 4K Production cameras, and more.
If you're one of the people who's preordered a Blackmagic Cinema Camera, unless you're very lucky, you will probably have noticed that you don't actually have one yet. RedShark, in common with the rest of the world’s media, is eagerly awaiting the arrival of a camera to put through its paces.
We're at NAB today - it starts in a few hours, and the first meeting for us is the BMD press conference. It's exciting and with good reason: you can expect some VERY big announcements that will shake the industry to the core
Jonny Elwyn tries out the multitude of new editing tools in the public beta of Blackmagic's DaVinci Resolve 12 and gives us the lowdown from an editor's point of view.
While it may not grab the attention like other Blackmagic camera releases, Simon Wyndham reckons that new footage from the forthcoming Micro Cinema Camera proves it to be a very interesting proposition indeed.
Blackmagic Design yesterday released an update for its $345 Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 recording device enabling recording of Apple ProRes HQ files.
- Saturday 28 May 2016 - (44065) 10 things Editors would like to say to Directors
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (25717) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20585) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (9628) Adobe to add native ProRes support to Windows software
- Friday 27 May 2016 - (8331) The Sony PXW-Z150: “It is astounding what Sony has achieved for this price.”
- Tuesday 31 May 2016 - (244) Panasonic PTZ cameras join Newtek’s NDI
- Tuesday 31 May 2016 - (633) The Olympics are going to be the biggest 8K test yet
- Tuesday 31 May 2016 - (3202) RedShark Review: Blackmagic Video Assist 4K
- Monday 30 May 2016 - (711) Can VR really live up to the hype?
- Monday 30 May 2016 - (1845) 5.6Tbps broadband tests - that's 200 feature films per second