Blackmagic Design yesterday released an update for its $345 Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 recording device enabling recording of Apple ProRes HQ files.
Jonny Elwyn tries out the multitude of new editing tools in the public beta of Blackmagic's DaVinci Resolve 12 and gives us the lowdown from an editor's point of view.
If you're one of the people who's preordered a Blackmagic Cinema Camera, unless you're very lucky, you will probably have noticed that you don't actually have one yet. RedShark, in common with the rest of the world’s media, is eagerly awaiting the arrival of a camera to put through its paces.
We're at NAB today - it starts in a few hours, and the first meeting for us is the BMD press conference. It's exciting and with good reason: you can expect some VERY big announcements that will shake the industry to the core
Blackmagic Design is using IBC as its soapbox for a bevy of announcements, including an update of Davinci Resolve, PL mounts for the 2.5K Cinema and 4K Production cameras, and more.
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29949) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21065) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17883) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13405) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10061) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (223) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (454) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1061) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (651) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2701) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?