We're at NAB today - it starts in a few hours, and the first meeting for us is the BMD press conference. It's exciting and with good reason: you can expect some VERY big announcements that will shake the industry to the core
If you're one of the people who's preordered a Blackmagic Cinema Camera, unless you're very lucky, you will probably have noticed that you don't actually have one yet. RedShark, in common with the rest of the world’s media, is eagerly awaiting the arrival of a camera to put through its paces.
Blackmagic Design is using IBC as its soapbox for a bevy of announcements, including an update of Davinci Resolve, PL mounts for the 2.5K Cinema and 4K Production cameras, and more.
Jonny Elwyn tries out the multitude of new editing tools in the public beta of Blackmagic's DaVinci Resolve 12 and gives us the lowdown from an editor's point of view.
Blackmagic Design yesterday released an update for its $345 Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 recording device enabling recording of Apple ProRes HQ files.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38664) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25623) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10562) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8791) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6624) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (421) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1048) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1373) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (928) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1437) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone