Jonny Elwyn tries out the multitude of new editing tools in the public beta of Blackmagic's DaVinci Resolve 12 and gives us the lowdown from an editor's point of view.
Blackmagic Design is using IBC as its soapbox for a bevy of announcements, including an update of Davinci Resolve, PL mounts for the 2.5K Cinema and 4K Production cameras, and more.
If you're one of the people who's preordered a Blackmagic Cinema Camera, unless you're very lucky, you will probably have noticed that you don't actually have one yet. RedShark, in common with the rest of the world’s media, is eagerly awaiting the arrival of a camera to put through its paces.
Blackmagic Design yesterday released an update for its $345 Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 recording device enabling recording of Apple ProRes HQ files.
We're at NAB today - it starts in a few hours, and the first meeting for us is the BMD press conference. It's exciting and with good reason: you can expect some VERY big announcements that will shake the industry to the core
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (42062) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30422) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21393) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19353) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14432) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (34) This is how ARRI makes cameras - RedShark Exclusive
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (582) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (921) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (951) [Sponsored] Amazing offer for Davinci Resolve training - Extended for Tuesday!
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1264) Panasonic aims Toughpad 4K Performance at film production