While it may not grab the attention like other Blackmagic camera releases, Simon Wyndham reckons that new footage from the forthcoming Micro Cinema Camera proves it to be a very interesting proposition indeed.
We're at NAB today - it starts in a few hours, and the first meeting for us is the BMD press conference. It's exciting and with good reason: you can expect some VERY big announcements that will shake the industry to the core
Blackmagic Design yesterday released an update for its $345 Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 recording device enabling recording of Apple ProRes HQ files.
If you're one of the people who's preordered a Blackmagic Cinema Camera, unless you're very lucky, you will probably have noticed that you don't actually have one yet. RedShark, in common with the rest of the world’s media, is eagerly awaiting the arrival of a camera to put through its paces.
Blackmagic Design is using IBC as its soapbox for a bevy of announcements, including an update of Davinci Resolve, PL mounts for the 2.5K Cinema and 4K Production cameras, and more.
Jonny Elwyn tries out the multitude of new editing tools in the public beta of Blackmagic's DaVinci Resolve 12 and gives us the lowdown from an editor's point of view.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (18887) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12455) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Saturday 25 Feb 2017 - (12429) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Friday 24 Feb 2017 - (7880) Sony mirrorless cameras’ secret super power: Clear Image Zoom
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6752) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (287) Space X: The coolest video we saw last week
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (758) Sony Xperia XZ Premium: the extreme slo-mo cellphone
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (239) How driverless cars will lead to better cameras
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (3098) Panasonic GH5 noise reduction appears to be spectacular
- Sunday 26 Feb 2017 - (1562) Fire at Sea: How to grade for documentary