Jonny Elwyn tries out the multitude of new editing tools in the public beta of Blackmagic's DaVinci Resolve 12 and gives us the lowdown from an editor's point of view.
Blackmagic Design is using IBC as its soapbox for a bevy of announcements, including an update of Davinci Resolve, PL mounts for the 2.5K Cinema and 4K Production cameras, and more.
If you're one of the people who's preordered a Blackmagic Cinema Camera, unless you're very lucky, you will probably have noticed that you don't actually have one yet. RedShark, in common with the rest of the world’s media, is eagerly awaiting the arrival of a camera to put through its paces.
We're at NAB today - it starts in a few hours, and the first meeting for us is the BMD press conference. It's exciting and with good reason: you can expect some VERY big announcements that will shake the industry to the core
While it may not grab the attention like other Blackmagic camera releases, Simon Wyndham reckons that new footage from the forthcoming Micro Cinema Camera proves it to be a very interesting proposition indeed.
Blackmagic Design yesterday released an update for its $345 Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 recording device enabling recording of Apple ProRes HQ files.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17227) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12153) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7121) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5840) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5484) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (91) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (514) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1445) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1812) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1380) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]