Sky TV (one of the UK's major broadcaster and widely viewed across Europe) is remaining tight-lipped about their plans for 4K. RedShark contacted them recently with an interview request and the response was that no-one was available. This is in stark contrast to when they were launching 3D, when they were somewhat more effusive about their 3D roadmap
Getting a "look" right is traditionally thought of as something you do in post. And you definitely wouldn't expect a quite strong look to be applied to a multi camera live TV shoot. But that's exactly what the BBC has done in this performance from Jool's Holland's "Later... with Jool's Holland" from BBC 2 on 19th May 2015
*Now* we’re living in the future. Holographic TV has been a mainstay of science fiction for years to such as extent that even the BBC can’t resist namechecking the Princess Leia hologram from Star Wars: A New Hope when it talks about it. Science fiction though has a way of becoming science reality.
How's this for geekiness! On the night of 25th to 26th of March the UK's BBC HD channel will hand over to BBC Two HD, and in the programme break it will be your last chance to see iconic BBC test cards going back to 1934. Sometimes in the early days, testcards were all you had for entertainment on the "box".
It's 4K month in RedShark but we're obviously covering 8K as well - it's all part of the Ultra HD "standard". It's good to see major national broadcasters taking an interest as well
The BBC’s Planet Earth was one of the most influential programmes in the history of television and was a huge influence on the uptake of HD sets and services when it first transmitted in 2006. Can the sequel have the same effect with 4K?
The BBC is about to make available what is possibly going to be the biggest landmark release for the 4K UHD Blu-ray format yet: Planet Earth II.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (19205) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Saturday 25 Feb 2017 - (12699) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12518) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 24 Feb 2017 - (8271) Sony mirrorless cameras’ secret super power: Clear Image Zoom
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (7307) Panasonic GH5 noise reduction appears to be spectacular
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (307) Join Sony for a webinar on HDR production, Thursday 7th March
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (597) YouTube unveils its live TV service
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (1049) The *really* shameful Oscar moment
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (928) How to bring video into... everything! [sponsored]
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (3575) Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio HD and Web Presenter: first look