We ask industry leaders to tell us about their companies and how they see the future. External recorders are now selling in large numbers and the Sound Devices Pix 240 is a popular example. Jon Tatooles, Managing Director of Sound Devices, tells us about his company and how he sees the years ahead.
Craig Marshall visits RØDE's headquarters in Sydney for RedShark and finds out what it takes to make high quality microphones that sell worldwide
If you need to record or digitse sound professionally, you need a high quality analogue to digital converter. We test the PrismSound Titan - a high-performing, high-end USB audio interface
Whether you call it single system or in-camera sound, it may be time that camera makers develop products with better native audio recording capabilities.
Equipment for reproducing high end audio - so that you can actually hear the difference - is expensive. Would you buy Sony's top-end Walkman?
Broadcast Quality Audio Field Recording with Prosumer Cameras and DSLRs ("Unlocking the Mysteries of ‘Phantom Power"). RedShark contributor Craig Marshall reports
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38685) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25667) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10623) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8817) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (6660) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (724) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1178) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1488) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (968) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1507) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone