Well, this is unusual. We're quite used to seeing audio sound effects libraries and samples of all kinds of things from exotic North Korean bagpipes to banjos, but this is something different
This is an older RedShark article that we're republishing today, because it doesn't matter how many times we see this demo of Melodyne: it's simply amazing, and that's because this is something that isn't supposed to be possible
RedShark's 12 Days of Christmas Replays: Now this may seem weird coming from someone who’s been a cameraman for most of his working life and maybe it’s bit late to make amends, but I think it is time to reassert the importance of the sound recordist. By Roland Denning.
Craig Marshall visits RØDE's headquarters in Sydney for RedShark and finds out what it takes to make high quality microphones that sell worldwide
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38667) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25634) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10586) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8799) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6632) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (549) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1091) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1417) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (946) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1465) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone