We ask industry leaders to tell us about their companies and how they see the future. External recorders are now selling in large numbers and the Sound Devices Pix 240 is a popular example. Jon Tatooles, Managing Director of Sound Devices, tells us about his company and how he sees the years ahead.
Pro tools has been around since 1991, a time when doing any sort of digital audio editing was a technical challenge. The most you could expect was to play back a few tracks, and there were absolutely no real-time effects or processes (apart from volume!) at that time. Now, an important new version is released
Broadcast Quality Audio Field Recording with Prosumer Cameras and DSLRs ("Unlocking the Mysteries of ‘Phantom Power"). RedShark contributor Craig Marshall reports
iZotope's audio tools technology is now included with Adobe Premiere Creative Cloud
There's going to be no shortage of very highly capable cameras in the next few months and years. DSLRs have been on the video scene for a few years, and now face competition from relatively low-cost cameras aimed directly at the cinematography marketplace
I was present at the audio mixing stage of Aardman Animations' "The Wrong Trousers" or "Wallace and Gromit" as most people remember it. This stop-motion animation classic was hilarious from the first frame to the last, but for me the most memorable thing was seeing it without sound, and then with sound
Whether you call it single system or in-camera sound, it may be time that camera makers develop products with better native audio recording capabilities.
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46507) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17173) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12032) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11865) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11047) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (731) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1348) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1731) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2935) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2019) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite