I was present at the audio mixing stage of Aardman Animations' "The Wrong Trousers" or "Wallace and Gromit" as most people remember it. This stop-motion animation classic was hilarious from the first frame to the last, but for me the most memorable thing was seeing it without sound, and then with sound
There is no single element more important to a film trailer than the music. Unfortunately, many editors think that simply using horn-heavy, orchestral music is appropriate for every trailer. In reality, there’s a lot more that goes into finding the perfect track. Let’s take a look at a few ways to pick the perfect track for your trailer.
There's going to be no shortage of very highly capable cameras in the next few months and years. DSLRs have been on the video scene for a few years, and now face competition from relatively low-cost cameras aimed directly at the cinematography marketplace
Phil Rhodes, our Technical Editor, may incur the wrath of audiophiles and engineers with thie idea that "the audio equipment world has it fairly easy," but he draws intriguing parallels between audio and camera equipment development, which may be instructive for manufacturers.
Your video is only as great as the audio. Let’s take a look at a few of the most important audio editing tips to keep in mind when working on a video project.
And it’s not just all about the lack of an audio jack in the chassis either, as there are some powerful new features on the camera side of things with the new iPhone. By K Stewart.
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (94486) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38828) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22508) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Saturday 8 Oct 2016 - (14860) The art of Colour Rendering
- Sunday 9 Oct 2016 - (6572) BenQ’s impressive PV3200PT UHD display reviewed
- Sunday 23 Oct 2016 - (543) A still image that is so beautiful: Antares rocket launch long exposure
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1478) What happens when you put a 1000W LED onto a drone?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1143) The end of shaky video?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1464) What Convergent has done with Titan shows the way to capturing all camera angles at once
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (5521) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016