If you need to record or digitse sound professionally, you need a high quality analogue to digital converter. We test the PrismSound Titan - a high-performing, high-end USB audio interface
There is no single element more important to a film trailer than the music. Unfortunately, many editors think that simply using horn-heavy, orchestral music is appropriate for every trailer. In reality, there’s a lot more that goes into finding the perfect track. Let’s take a look at a few ways to pick the perfect track for your trailer.
We reviewed these at the beginning of the year. I've been using them since then and they're still brilliant. If you want to treat yourself this Christmas...
RØDE announces a stereo mic and iOS app designed for iPhone and iPad users
Every film-maker starting out wants to make the best short film, and get the best people and equipment to make it happen - but often with little or no budget at all, all in the hope that the idea is strong enough to get investors and potential co-workers to commit.
iZotope's audio tools technology is now included with Adobe Premiere Creative Cloud
Pro tools has been around since 1991, a time when doing any sort of digital audio editing was a technical challenge. The most you could expect was to play back a few tracks, and there were absolutely no real-time effects or processes (apart from volume!) at that time. Now, an important new version is released
- Saturday 24 Sep 2016 - (34371) Did someone wipe the moon landing tapes?
- Saturday 17 Sep 2016 - (27990) Why are some cameras so expensive while others are so cheap?
- Thursday 22 Sep 2016 - (23232) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Friday 16 Sep 2016 - (9439) A massive boost in bandwidth makes 8K inevitable and 16K feasible
- Monday 19 Sep 2016 - (6917) Panasonic unveils new GH5 prototype
- Friday 30 Sep 2016 - (1357) How the GoPro Karma and DJI Mavic drones will change the industry
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (2014) Low light photography continues to impress
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (921) RED provides a masterclass in good customer service
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (2344) The end of Apple Quicktime on Windows means problems for ProRes
- Wednesday 28 Sep 2016 - (2101) An amazing hyperlapse, years in the making