Memory chip manufacturer Corsair has quietly been manufacturing a set of 2.1 "computer" speakers that sound far better than they should for the price. In fact, they're pretty much ideal for professional use, if you're on a budget
After an intensive development programme, iZotope has just released its RX Post Production Suite and a new version of its well-regarded RX 5 Audio Editor.
In film, soundtrack is just as important as visuals for telling the story – it helps to fully convey the intended emotion of a scene, establish continuity and add momentum.
Rode has announced a new camera microphone, the Stereo VideoMic X, which appears to be an interesting dual capsule setup in an XY Stereo configuration. The two microphone capsules are acoustically matched and have shock mounting built in at the capsule level.
We’ve had an exclusive first look at a new case study microphone manufacturer DPA has produced about UK game developer Codemasters' use of their mics. And the attention to detail is astonishing.
RedShark Review: If you enjoy listening to your music through a smartphone (or most other consumer audio devices), then the Mojo headphone amplifier may drastically improve the experience.
There is no single element more important to a film trailer than the music. Unfortunately, many editors think that simply using horn-heavy, orchestral music is appropriate for every trailer. In reality, there’s a lot more that goes into finding the perfect track. Let’s take a look at a few ways to pick the perfect track for your trailer.
Broadcast Quality Audio Field Recording with Prosumer Cameras and DSLRs ("Unlocking the Mysteries of ‘Phantom Power"). RedShark contributor Craig Marshall reports
Music editing is an integral part of the post production process, whether you’re creating videos or films for personal, academic or commercial use. The key elements you need to start editing music to match your visuals are a creative eye (and ear), obsessive attention to detail and a small helping of technical knowledge. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16771) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12061) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10889) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7103) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5801) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (65) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (197) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1107) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1038) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (899) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR