You can tell that ProTools has been around for a long time. It's just reached version 11 and it looks like this is a significant upgrade, with a brand new "Audio Engine"
iZotope's audio tools technology is now included with Adobe Premiere Creative Cloud
EQ is an essential part of the audio production toolkit, but it can be difficult to control, and because of that, it's not always used to its fullest effect
There's one thing that matters above all else when you're mixing for films or TV
RedShark's 12 Days of Christmas Replays: Now this may seem weird coming from someone who’s been a cameraman for most of his working life and maybe it’s bit late to make amends, but I think it is time to reassert the importance of the sound recordist. By Roland Denning.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38647) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25580) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10526) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8771) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6618) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (288) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (945) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1284) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (902) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1402) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone