Rode has announced a new camera microphone, the Stereo VideoMic X, which appears to be an interesting dual capsule setup in an XY Stereo configuration. The two microphone capsules are acoustically matched and have shock mounting built in at the capsule level.
Every film-maker starting out wants to make the best short film, and get the best people and equipment to make it happen - but often with little or no budget at all, all in the hope that the idea is strong enough to get investors and potential co-workers to commit.
There's something rather curious about sound, which is that it can range from a simple, single tone like a sine wave (or a flute, if you like) to a complete orchestra at the climax of a symphony. Even day-to-day background "atmospheres" can be a complex mosaic of hundreds of sonic elements: just think of the din at a supermarket checkout, or the racket at a soccer match when someone scores a goal
You can tell that ProTools has been around for a long time. It's just reached version 11 and it looks like this is a significant upgrade, with a brand new "Audio Engine"
Sony has announced that it is stopping production of Minidisc recorders and players after 21 years. Most 20 year old audio enthusiasts would be surprised to hear that they were born after the arrival of this digital audio disk system. But how did it manage to cling to life for so long?
This is an older RedShark article that we're republishing today, because it doesn't matter how many times we see this demo of Melodyne: it's simply amazing, and that's because this is something that isn't supposed to be possible
If you need to record or digitse sound professionally, you need a high quality analogue to digital converter. We test the PrismSound Titan - a high-performing, high-end USB audio interface
RØDE announces a stereo mic and iOS app designed for iPhone and iPad users
EQ is an essential part of the audio production toolkit, but it can be difficult to control, and because of that, it's not always used to its fullest effect
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46430) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17129) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (11989) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11497) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11010) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (417) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1252) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1552) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2757) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1856) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite