And it’s not just all about the lack of an audio jack in the chassis either, as there are some powerful new features on the camera side of things with the new iPhone. By K Stewart.
There is no single element more important to a film trailer than the music. Unfortunately, many editors think that simply using horn-heavy, orchestral music is appropriate for every trailer. In reality, there’s a lot more that goes into finding the perfect track. Let’s take a look at a few ways to pick the perfect track for your trailer.
RedShark Review: The Eclipse TD-M1 computer speaker set, a winning combination of design and sound quality that more than justifies their £800 price tag and would be at home in any edit suite.
Well, this is unusual. We're quite used to seeing audio sound effects libraries and samples of all kinds of things from exotic North Korean bagpipes to banjos, but this is something different
We ask industry leaders to tell us about their companies and how they see the future. External recorders are now selling in large numbers and the Sound Devices Pix 240 is a popular example. Jon Tatooles, Managing Director of Sound Devices, tells us about his company and how he sees the years ahead.
Recording audio separately from video is prone to synchronisation problems. Traditionalists use (electronic) clappers and the Timecode from the camcorder. Enter the new way to synchronise: Plural Eyes from RedGiant's Singular Software
This high-end Linux and OS X Digital Audio Workstation now supports video playback. Chris Erswell reports
We reviewed these at the beginning of the year. I've been using them since then and they're still brilliant. If you want to treat yourself this Christmas...
- Tuesday 6 Dec 2016 - (14501) The RED Epic-W: the best dual purpose still/cinematography camera yet?
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (7967) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (7194) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (4154) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (4033) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (86) Imagineer ramps up mocha Pro features
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (393) Learn Resolve editing from importing media to final delivery
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (518) Miller ArrowX 3 tripod on test: it's all a question of balance
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (1374) Sony FS7 II out and about in New York [footage]
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (440) Steerable lasers: is this how video projectors will work in the future?