Every film-maker starting out wants to make the best short film, and get the best people and equipment to make it happen - but often with little or no budget at all, all in the hope that the idea is strong enough to get investors and potential co-workers to commit.
Craig Marshall visits RØDE's headquarters in Sydney for RedShark and finds out what it takes to make high quality microphones that sell worldwide
Whether you call it single system or in-camera sound, it may be time that camera makers develop products with better native audio recording capabilities.
There's one thing that matters above all else when you're mixing for films or TV
iZotope's audio tools technology is now included with Adobe Premiere Creative Cloud
Memory chip manufacturer Corsair has quietly been manufacturing a set of 2.1 "computer" speakers that sound far better than they should for the price. In fact, they're pretty much ideal for professional use, if you're on a budget
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47078) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17535) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13071) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12300) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11340) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (328) The new normal: expect surprises
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (1659) RedShark Review: Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Monitor
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (1891) HP unveils revamped workstations and hints at Skylake
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (4281) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (2223) Microsoft makes 3D scanning possible with any mobile phone