Equipment for reproducing high end audio - so that you can actually hear the difference - is expensive. Would you buy Sony's top-end Walkman?
We ask industry leaders to tell us about their companies and how they see the future. External recorders are now selling in large numbers and the Sound Devices Pix 240 is a popular example. Jon Tatooles, Managing Director of Sound Devices, tells us about his company and how he sees the years ahead.
There's going to be no shortage of very highly capable cameras in the next few months and years. DSLRs have been on the video scene for a few years, and now face competition from relatively low-cost cameras aimed directly at the cinematography marketplace
This is an older RedShark article that we're republishing today, because it doesn't matter how many times we see this demo of Melodyne: it's simply amazing, and that's because this is something that isn't supposed to be possible
I was present at the audio mixing stage of Aardman Animations' "The Wrong Trousers" or "Wallace and Gromit" as most people remember it. This stop-motion animation classic was hilarious from the first frame to the last, but for me the most memorable thing was seeing it without sound, and then with sound
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (23823) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Sunday 24 Jan 2016 - (22641) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Monday 25 Jan 2016 - (14823) Building a powerful Intel Skylake video editing workstation
- Friday 22 Jan 2016 - (8765) Shooting on Super 8 in the 21st century
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (5909) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (1361) Resolve 12.3, FCP 10.2.3 and more - it’s Super Update Friday
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (1494) Sponsored: IP will change everything you know about connecting video
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2071) Lightworks 12.6 Free adds 1080p Vimeo export plus huge discounts
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (2695) Log recording, noise and the Sony FS5
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (1881) Can Sky Q save the traditional broadcast industry?