Something is different about NAB this year and it's probably a good thing as an industry once wedded to launching new products instead discovers the joy of upgrades, modularity, durability and extending the product life cycle. Buy a new camera today and the chances are it will last a lot longer than one even from just a few years ago.
The Atomos Samurai Blade is a combined HD-SDI recorder and Electronic Viewfinder/Field Monitor. It combines two categories of product into a single device. We've tested it and here's our report
Atomos is making its 4K monitor recorder, the Shogun, an increasingly attractive option for an increasingly wide audience by once again announcing support for upcoming cameras months before release. Camnera's such as Canon's C300 Mark II.
In the wake of the Atomos Shogun 4K recorder's first significant firmware update, RedShark News Technical Editor Phil Rhodes weighs in on the red-hot device.
While many of us are patiently waiting for the Atomos Shogun 4K HDMI recorder, Convergent Design reminds us that they already have an SDI 4K and other recorders on the market, now made better with a recent firmware update.
Atomos, the maker of the famous Ninja HDMI recorders, are offering their HDMI Stop/Start and Timecode extensions as an open standard for other manufacturers to use
While it's tempting to think that with the Magic Lantern EOS raw hack out in the open that normal, compressed video will never be good enough again, that's taking far too strict a line on it. The fact is that the conventional video output from cameras like the EOS 5D MK III is very good indeed with the exception of certain well-known issues like moire and rolling shutter
- Saturday 14 May 2016 - (20596) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20279) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (18983) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (12895) Five things a Colorist would like to say to a DP
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (10750) 7 Free Motion Design Assets for Video Editors [sponsored]
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (1115) Adobe to add native ProRes support to Windows software
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (509) LEDs and the power to (battery) weight ratio
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (1534) Update on the sale of Sony Vegas to Magix (Further update: Sony's own statement).
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (794) Europe mulls quota on streaming content
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (3379) Sony sells Vegas and more to Magix