RedShark reader Krasnapolski saw Peter Haas' film Peter Pan Bakery, shot with a Digital Bolex D16, and sent us a link to a very similar production: Mario's Cafe by Roland Denning, a customer at the cafe. It was shot with a Sony Z7 HDV Camera. It's fascinating to compare the two!
Sony's Glasnost: Is Sony opening up to working with other companies and products?
FPGAs are modern miracles of technology. They're silicon chips whose hardware configuration can be set up and changed with software. They provide the flexibility of software with the speed of hardware, and are what allow small companies to build products with big capabilities. FPGA expert Tony Cole reports
The Atomos Samurai Blade is a combined HD-SDI recorder and Electronic Viewfinder/Field Monitor. It combines two categories of product into a single device. We've tested it and here's our report
In an ideal world, there ought to be no need to calibrate displays
When the first external recorders for DSLRs came out in 2011, there was a drawback: they didn't work with DSLRs! Now, slowly, that is changing, but the 5D mk III is the big one and now, with its newly released firmware, a clean HDMI output is available to record externally
Something is different about NAB this year and it's probably a good thing as an industry once wedded to launching new products instead discovers the joy of upgrades, modularity, durability and extending the product life cycle. Buy a new camera today and the chances are it will last a lot longer than one even from just a few years ago.
- Saturday 30 Apr 2016 - (28112) All about sensors, lenses and depth of field.
- Sunday 24 Apr 2016 - (21742) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 26 Apr 2016 - (9413) The world's smallest 4K interchangeable lens camera
- Friday 22 Apr 2016 - (6420) RedShark NAB Awards - The Results
- Monday 2 May 2016 - (5341) Will the Lytro Cinema Camera kill off the 2D pixel?
- Thursday 5 May 2016 - (544) The Rollocam Hercules, the smallest dolly in the world, nears release
- Thursday 5 May 2016 - (892) Free 3D Star Wars models available for download
- Wednesday 4 May 2016 - (600) RedShark's Teradek NAB live TV shows - Episode 2, Editshare
- Wednesday 4 May 2016 - (1158) Upgrades for AJA’s CION and RovoCam
- Wednesday 4 May 2016 - (1407) Practical Magic: The ‘A New Morning' video shows what Magic Leap can really do