For those with a Sony A7s or Panasonic GH4, here's a bit of good news: the Atomos is officially accepting pre-orders for the Shogun, the world's first 4K HDMI recorder, and throwing a Spyder into the mix.
Atomos has finally released their Avid DNxHD upgrade for Ninja-2 field recorders. First hinted at over a year ago, the new firmware upgrade will allow direct capture from HDMI sources into the Avid format, which is usually lossless at higher bitrates
We're following a bit of a theme here: ProRes versus in-camera recording. Here's an extremely interesting clip with a split-screen demonstration of ProRes vs a Canon C100's internal codec which is 24Mbit/s AVCHD
In something of a surprise announcement, Canon unveiled the XC10 4K camera (among other hot new products) in advance of NAB 2015. And in another twist, Atomos has announced that the yet-to-be released camera will receive Shogun support
The typically grey and murky English weather is the bane of photographer's lives but on this occasion it only adds to the sense of foreboding as we look at these weird, sinister relics
While many of us are patiently waiting for the Atomos Shogun 4K HDMI recorder, Convergent Design reminds us that they already have an SDI 4K and other recorders on the market, now made better with a recent firmware update.
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29900) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21034) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17858) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13307) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10000) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (510) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (533) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2324) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (5954) Panasonic 4K tech lets you change focus in post
- Monday 23 Nov 2015 - (2389) The evolution of editing: where will it go next?