Some readers may remember a piece RedSharkNews published in 2013 detailing the camera rig I built up from parts collected from all over the world. In keeping with this theme, I recently purchased an Atomos Ninja Star portable ProRes recorder to give my three year-old Sony HD ‘hybrid’ a new lease of life.
This is a camera that changes everything in its market sector: 4K for less than 1,000 USD
Why is a big company like Panasonic licensing ProRes not from Apple but from Atomos?
In an ideal world, there ought to be no need to calibrate displays
Sony's Glasnost: Is Sony opening up to working with other companies and products?
When the first external recorders for DSLRs came out in 2011, there was a drawback: they didn't work with DSLRs! Now, slowly, that is changing, but the 5D mk III is the big one and now, with its newly released firmware, a clean HDMI output is available to record externally
While many of us are patiently waiting for the Atomos Shogun 4K HDMI recorder, Convergent Design reminds us that they already have an SDI 4K and other recorders on the market, now made better with a recent firmware update.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38339) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25031) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9801) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8502) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6425) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1340) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (532) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (1024) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (931) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (476) How to complain effectively