The typically grey and murky English weather is the bane of photographer's lives but on this occasion it only adds to the sense of foreboding as we look at these weird, sinister relics
While it's tempting to think that with the Magic Lantern EOS raw hack out in the open that normal, compressed video will never be good enough again, that's taking far too strict a line on it. The fact is that the conventional video output from cameras like the EOS 5D MK III is very good indeed with the exception of certain well-known issues like moire and rolling shutter
While many of us are patiently waiting for the Atomos Shogun 4K HDMI recorder, Convergent Design reminds us that they already have an SDI 4K and other recorders on the market, now made better with a recent firmware update.
FPGAs are modern miracles of technology. They're silicon chips whose hardware configuration can be set up and changed with software. They provide the flexibility of software with the speed of hardware, and are what allow small companies to build products with big capabilities. FPGA expert Tony Cole reports
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (21118) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (15780) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (12845) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11124) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 - (7297) Infographic: The importance of ergonomics [Sponsored]
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (237) Shooting sports cinematically...with prime lenses
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1140) Is the standard lens just a myth?
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (644) How cloud-based production embraces the human element [Sponsored]
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (3389) Nvidia’s new GTX Titan X: the home-brew DaVinci grading suite just became even easier and cheaper
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (3557) IBC2016 updates from Canon, Cooke & more