A recent firmware update for Shogun and Ninja Assassin display/recorders by Atomos improves these products' ability to monitor HDR footage, even though they are not technically HDR units.
This is a camera that changes everything in its market sector: 4K for less than 1,000 USD
It's still too soon to draw any deep or profound conclusions about this year's IBC except for the fact that we're seeing a lot of co-operation between companies and particularly those manufacturers who might previously have shied away from working with third parties (except at arms-length).
Professional storage brand G-Technology continues its trend of collaboration through a recent partnership with Atomos.
While it's tempting to think that with the Magic Lantern EOS raw hack out in the open that normal, compressed video will never be good enough again, that's taking far too strict a line on it. The fact is that the conventional video output from cameras like the EOS 5D MK III is very good indeed with the exception of certain well-known issues like moire and rolling shutter
The NAB exhibition in Las Vegas starts on Monday 8th of April, and the RedShark team is packing its bags ready for a long flight to Nevada on Friday. Stand by for NAB's big and surprising announcements
With a flurry of new announcements, upgrades and improvements, Australia’s Atomos has had a busy Vegas as it seeks to pile on the features to its units and provide its competitors with something of a serious headache.
- Tuesday 6 Dec 2016 - (14500) The RED Epic-W: the best dual purpose still/cinematography camera yet?
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (7966) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (7193) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (4154) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (4032) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (85) Imagineer ramps up mocha Pro features
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (390) Learn Resolve editing from importing media to final delivery
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (518) Miller ArrowX 3 tripod on test: it's all a question of balance
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (1372) Sony FS7 II out and about in New York [footage]
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (440) Steerable lasers: is this how video projectors will work in the future?