Our intrepid traveller, Craig Marshall, details a recent trip to Taiwan, including his gear of choice for such gigs and workflow insights.
The Atomos Samurai Blade is a combined HD-SDI recorder and Electronic Viewfinder/Field Monitor. It combines two categories of product into a single device. We've tested it and here's our report
Professional storage brand G-Technology continues its trend of collaboration through a recent partnership with Atomos.
This is the first of our series looking at people who run a video production business focusing on their strategy and their technology. Mark McCarthy of Sparky Media Productions specialises in very high quality video which is increasingly obtainable on lower-cost equipment - although he's not afraid to use high-end kit where necessary.
All through NAB, our David Shapton presented the 10:00am slot on Teradek's live NAB TV show, and you can rewatch the best bits here.
A recent firmware update for Shogun and Ninja Assassin display/recorders by Atomos improves these products' ability to monitor HDR footage, even though they are not technically HDR units.
Why is a big company like Panasonic licensing ProRes not from Apple but from Atomos?
Symon Wyndham has been testing with a new compact HDMI recorder from Atomos, the Ninja Star, for the past week, and gives us his opinion.
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (94247) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38759) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22469) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Saturday 8 Oct 2016 - (14835) The art of Colour Rendering
- Sunday 9 Oct 2016 - (6535) BenQ’s impressive PV3200PT UHD display reviewed
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1077) What happens when you put a 1000W LED onto a drone?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (993) The end of shaky video?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1262) What Convergent has done with Titan shows the way to capturing all camera angles at once
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (5163) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (1972) Sigma Cine Lenses now shipping