In something of a surprise announcement, Canon unveiled the XC10 4K camera (among other hot new products) in advance of NAB 2015. And in another twist, Atomos has announced that the yet-to-be released camera will receive Shogun support
Sony's new A7s is a well thought out 4K-capable camera. Sony briefed us, giving some more information
Symon Wyndham has been testing with a new compact HDMI recorder from Atomos, the Ninja Star, for the past week, and gives us his opinion.
Atomos, the maker of the famous Ninja HDMI recorders, are offering their HDMI Stop/Start and Timecode extensions as an open standard for other manufacturers to use
Atomos is at it again, implementing a firmware update that adds new functionality to its popular Shogun 4K display/recorder.
Power to the people: Atomos bills its latest accessory as meaning that cameramen will never be left without power in the field, powering multiple devices and giving endless hot swapping of commodity camera batteries.
RedShark reader Krasnapolski saw Peter Haas' film Peter Pan Bakery, shot with a Digital Bolex D16, and sent us a link to a very similar production: Mario's Cafe by Roland Denning, a customer at the cafe. It was shot with a Sony Z7 HDV Camera. It's fascinating to compare the two!
While it's tempting to think that with the Magic Lantern EOS raw hack out in the open that normal, compressed video will never be good enough again, that's taking far too strict a line on it. The fact is that the conventional video output from cameras like the EOS 5D MK III is very good indeed with the exception of certain well-known issues like moire and rolling shutter
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (37593) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24477) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (7986) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6264) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 28 Jan 2016 - (5207) RedShark Review: Canon CN7x17 17-120mm zoom
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (651) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (576) Stunning views of whales by drone
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (992) Radio mics: the current state of the art
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (1461) Blackmagic releases new 1.2 Video Assist firmware
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (498) To tell stories in VR, we may first have to make games