Professional storage brand G-Technology continues its trend of collaboration through a recent partnership with Atomos.
With a flurry of new announcements, upgrades and improvements, Australia’s Atomos has had a busy Vegas as it seeks to pile on the features to its units and provide its competitors with something of a serious headache.
It's still too soon to draw any deep or profound conclusions about this year's IBC except for the fact that we're seeing a lot of co-operation between companies and particularly those manufacturers who might previously have shied away from working with third parties (except at arms-length).
Atomos’ latest firmware release for its monitor/recorders widens support for Log shooting against a backdrop of bullish moves designed to kickstart HDR production, including seasonal price drops.
Some readers may remember a piece RedSharkNews published in 2013 detailing the camera rig I built up from parts collected from all over the world. In keeping with this theme, I recently purchased an Atomos Ninja Star portable ProRes recorder to give my three year-old Sony HD ‘hybrid’ a new lease of life.
Symon Wyndham has been testing with a new compact HDMI recorder from Atomos, the Ninja Star, for the past week, and gives us his opinion.
Atomos, the maker of the famous Ninja HDMI recorders, are offering their HDMI Stop/Start and Timecode extensions as an open standard for other manufacturers to use
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17091) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12133) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7115) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5829) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5352) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (382) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (923) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1601) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1276) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1084) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR