Atomos, the maker of the famous Ninja HDMI recorders, are offering their HDMI Stop/Start and Timecode extensions as an open standard for other manufacturers to use
Atomos is making its 4K monitor recorder, the Shogun, an increasingly attractive option for an increasingly wide audience by once again announcing support for upcoming cameras months before release. Camnera's such as Canon's C300 Mark II.
FPGAs are modern miracles of technology. They're silicon chips whose hardware configuration can be set up and changed with software. They provide the flexibility of software with the speed of hardware, and are what allow small companies to build products with big capabilities. FPGA expert Tony Cole reports
Something is different about NAB this year and it's probably a good thing as an industry once wedded to launching new products instead discovers the joy of upgrades, modularity, durability and extending the product life cycle. Buy a new camera today and the chances are it will last a lot longer than one even from just a few years ago.
The typically grey and murky English weather is the bane of photographer's lives but on this occasion it only adds to the sense of foreboding as we look at these weird, sinister relics
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38519) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25175) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10263) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8661) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6545) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (570) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (491) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (774) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (3480) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1171) 101 uses for a GoPro camera