In many ways IBC2013 was a quiet show. Yes it boasted record visitor numbers, but few things happened out in Amsterdam that hadn’t been predicted beforehand: namely HEVC-powered 4K is on the horizon, the second screen is increasingly important to broadcasters’ plans, and higher frame-rate imaging is moving closer and closer to mainstream acceptance. Andy Stout looks back on five days in Amsterdam
Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, reports from London's BVE 2015, both a precursor to the forthcoming NAB and a possible indicator of what we'll see there.
There has been a lot of excitement about Arri’s new Amira camera, (featuring an Alexa sensor in something closer to a traditional ENG form factor) not least because it would appear that it could be very useful outside of its intended documentary context and it has been expected to have a much lower price tag than the Arri Alexa
ARRI's intriguing new ENG camera made another tantalizing appearance recently in London. RedShark's Phil Rhodes was there
As we saw in my previous article on sensor technology, we can now build sensors with enormous numbers attached to them - if not trivially, at least reliably. Given that current 4K sensors are more than adequate to replace 35mm film in terms of sheer resolution, we need to be careful about turning this into a numbers game.
- Wednesday 24 Aug 2016 - (65454) Five top tips for colorists
- Saturday 27 Aug 2016 - (17459) Why some products are delivered late
- Wednesday 17 Aug 2016 - (15629) Canon EOS 5K Mk IV details leaked: surprisingly few surprises
- Friday 26 Aug 2016 - (11160) First Hands-On with the new EOS 5D Mk IV: 500Mbit/s 4K recording
- Saturday 20 Aug 2016 - (10444) Is the iPhone really a threat to video professionals?
- Tuesday 30 Aug 2016 - (597) RedShark Review: ShotPut Pro 6
- Tuesday 30 Aug 2016 - (757) Signiant Media Shuttle transforms a video production company [Sponsored]
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (1067) Cheap cameras becoming expendable in big budget films?
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (1753) RØDE Microphones unveils upgrades
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (4257) Why the 5D Mk IV's sensor crop for 4K video is not that big a deal [Opinion]