Red Shark Technical Editor, Phil Rhodes, reports from London's BVE 2015, both a precursor to the forthcoming NAB and a possible indicator of what we'll see there.
We're pretty sure Arri doesn't need any help from us to sell their popular Alexa cameras, but we found this clip from an Arri-staged event at IBC 2012 that features Roger Deakins, the award-winning Chief Cinematographer on Skyfall.
Hidden under the surface, there are some very big changes happening with the big manufacturers
Popular though the Arri Alexa is, some people have been deterred from recording the Raw output by the requirement for the camera to be tethered to an outboard recorder which sometimes cost as much to rent as the camera itself! RedShark contributor Freya reports
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (94568) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38852) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22521) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Saturday 8 Oct 2016 - (14883) The art of Colour Rendering
- Sunday 9 Oct 2016 - (6587) BenQ’s impressive PV3200PT UHD display reviewed
- Sunday 23 Oct 2016 - (724) A still image that is so beautiful: Antares rocket launch long exposure
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1568) What happens when you put a 1000W LED onto a drone?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1182) The end of shaky video?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1524) What Convergent has done with Titan shows the way to capturing all camera angles at once
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (5623) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016