In many ways IBC2013 was a quiet show. Yes it boasted record visitor numbers, but few things happened out in Amsterdam that hadn’t been predicted beforehand: namely HEVC-powered 4K is on the horizon, the second screen is increasingly important to broadcasters’ plans, and higher frame-rate imaging is moving closer and closer to mainstream acceptance. Andy Stout looks back on five days in Amsterdam
ARRI's intriguing new ENG camera made another tantalizing appearance recently in London. RedShark's Phil Rhodes was there
We're pretty sure Arri doesn't need any help from us to sell their popular Alexa cameras, but we found this clip from an Arri-staged event at IBC 2012 that features Roger Deakins, the award-winning Chief Cinematographer on Skyfall.
Freya Black gives more details on how the ARRI Amira is going to ouput 4K
While much of the ARRI press conference focused on news that broke weeks ago, its presentation of the Sky Panel LED softlights carried the show (and there was a killer leave-behind to boot).
- Sunday 24 Apr 2016 - (20998) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Friday 15 Apr 2016 - (8343) The Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera: "A great addition to anyone's arsenal."
- Tuesday 26 Apr 2016 - (8318) The world's smallest 4K interchangeable lens camera
- Friday 15 Apr 2016 - (7927) 5 things every video editor should have on their hard drive [sponsored]
- Monday 18 Apr 2016 - (6292) Dramatic updates for URSA Mini and new products from Blackmagic
- Friday 29 Apr 2016 - (11) 3 ways to help if you have to use a different NLE
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (407) RedShark's Teradek NAB live tv shows - Episode I, Nick Rashby, President, AJA
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (559) The Zeiss VR One: an important headset for the future?
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (899) Why Optical Disc Archive? [sponsored]
- Wednesday 27 Apr 2016 - (1104) NAB 2016: of audio and increasing automation