Phil Rhodes takes another look at the Ursa Mini 4K and explores the greatest gift any camera can bestow on a production: letting people simply get on with the business of making films.
There has been a lot of excitement about Arri’s new Amira camera, (featuring an Alexa sensor in something closer to a traditional ENG form factor) not least because it would appear that it could be very useful outside of its intended documentary context and it has been expected to have a much lower price tag than the Arri Alexa
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
RedShark Technical Editor Phil Rhodes profiles Monocle, a new utility from ClipToolz that converts raw color into a black-and-white result that approaches a 'true' monochromatic image.
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (20739) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (15692) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (12815) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11098) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 - (7281) Infographic: The importance of ergonomics [Sponsored]
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (48) Is the standard lens just a myth?
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (349) How cloud-based production embraces the human element [Sponsored]
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (1391) Nvidia’s new GTX Titan X: the home-brew DaVinci grading suite just became even easier and cheaper
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (3026) IBC2016 updates from Canon, Cooke & more
- Sunday 24 Jul 2016 - (1369) Filmconvert adds Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4.6K camera profile