Could the Amira be the ultimate indie digital cinema camera?
Cooke /i3 is gaining widespread support among manufacturers and software makers that cater to high-end productions.
All through NAB, our David Shapton presented the 10:00am slot on Teradek's live NAB TV show, and you can rewatch the best bits here.
While much of the ARRI press conference focused on news that broke weeks ago, its presentation of the Sky Panel LED softlights carried the show (and there was a killer leave-behind to boot).
In a sea of 4K announcements, and sailing serenely against the tide of opinion that the days of sub-4K cinema cameras are gone, ARRI has produced glorious-looking showreel for its Alexa camera; a taster for the plethora of projects it's been chosen for
RedShark Technical Editor Phil Rhodes profiles Monocle, a new utility from ClipToolz that converts raw color into a black-and-white result that approaches a 'true' monochromatic image.
Here's another chance to read this great article by Phil Rhodes on why cameras need global shutters. Cheaper, cinematic cameras come with a cost - they tend to have Rolling Shutters, which means that rapid movement can be skewed. The ability to buy cameras with global shutters at all price points can't come soon enough, according to Phil Rhodes
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (18919) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Saturday 25 Feb 2017 - (12459) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12459) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 24 Feb 2017 - (7921) Sony mirrorless cameras’ secret super power: Clear Image Zoom
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6763) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (463) Space X: The coolest video we saw last week
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (832) Sony Xperia XZ Premium: the extreme slo-mo cellphone
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (260) How driverless cars will lead to better cameras
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (3206) Panasonic GH5 noise reduction appears to be spectacular
- Sunday 26 Feb 2017 - (1603) Fire at Sea: How to grade for documentary