Cooke /i3 is gaining widespread support among manufacturers and software makers that cater to high-end productions.
Phil Rhodes takes another look at the Ursa Mini 4K and explores the greatest gift any camera can bestow on a production: letting people simply get on with the business of making films.
In the third of our exclusive ARRI AMIRA video diaries, Mark McCarthy and Sparky Film decide to really test its capabilities out and make a short film.
A sensational new ARRI ALEXA has just been announced
A new, fairly expensive ENG-style camera that's only HD resolution? But it has the same sensor as the most sought-after camera in Hollywood (according to the Oscar nominations)!
The new ALEXA XST is a technological tour-de-force that uses ARRI's classic sensor. How does it get 4K from this less-than-4K imager? And what are the advantages of this approach?
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38491) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25141) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10193) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8633) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6510) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (147) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (388) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (622) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (2881) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1049) 101 uses for a GoPro camera