A new, fairly expensive ENG-style camera that's only HD resolution? But it has the same sensor as the most sought-after camera in Hollywood (according to the Oscar nominations)!
Popular though the Arri Alexa is, some people have been deterred from recording the Raw output by the requirement for the camera to be tethered to an outboard recorder which sometimes cost as much to rent as the camera itself! RedShark contributor Freya reports
Freya Black gives more details on how the ARRI Amira is going to ouput 4K
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46431) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17129) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (11989) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11497) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11010) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (417) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1252) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1552) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2757) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1856) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite