For ages, we've been predicting a 4K Mac, but we were wrong! It's 5K! For pretty much what you'd have expected a 5K computer monitor to cost, Apple's thrown in a very capable computer. It's reduced the price of Mac Minis as well. It's never been cheaper to do serious stuff on a Mac. Oh, there are some new iPads as well. K. Stewart, our own Apple Expert, gives the full details
We recently ran a story on Dell’s upcoming 27-inch UltraSharp 5K monitor marking a new era in Ultra HD monitors. Now, with persistent rumours pointing to Apple introducing a Retina iMac, we believe the house that Steve Jobs built will debut a 27-inch 5K iMac soon. Guest author Daniel G. Roberts reports.
RED and ARRI don't need to worry just yet, but here's more evidence that phones are the new camcorders
In a move that rather slipped under the radar last week, Apple has acquired a smartphone camera specialist called LinX Imaging which claims it ports DSLR performance to the smartphone platform.
All you need is an iPhone, some tape, some luggage - and an airport terminal...
There's a downside to new operating system upgrades: incompatibility. But Blackmagic already has their software ready to go with Mavericks
Apple have announced performance enhancements and price reductions on the 13" and 15" Macbook Pros with Retina display.
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (42062) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30422) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21393) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19353) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14432) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (24) How ARRI makes cameras - RedShark Exclusive
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (577) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (919) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (947) [Sponsored] Amazing offer for Davinci Resolve training - Extended for Tuesday!
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1264) Panasonic aims Toughpad 4K Performance at film production