This was a hugely popular article when it first appeared. Here's another chance to read about what might happen after Moore's law!
RED and ARRI don't need to worry just yet, but here's more evidence that phones are the new camcorders
The Foundry has revealed to the Apple-watching site Apple Insider that it tested its MARI software on the new Mac Pro, running it on hidden hardware, but able to experience the raw power of this new and radically changed Mac professional paltform
Guest author Daniel G. Roberts breaks down the value of a new iMac 5K against a Mac Pro system, in terms of Geekbench scores and specs.
(Not) NAB 2015: Though Apple has only had one two NAB appearances in the past 8 years, that hasn’t stopped it from timing major updates for when the annual conference comes around. And this year is no different, as Apple releases Final Cut Pro 10.2, Motion 5.2, and Compressor 4.2. Daniel G Roberts is your guide.
While the 2014 launch of Apple's updated mobile devices led to an avalanche of sales, the decision to stick with HD video recording underwhelmed some techies. We take a look at the issue and surmise at least three reasons why your new iPhone 6 or iPad Air 2 doesn't shoot 4K video.
For ages, we've been predicting a 4K Mac, but we were wrong! It's 5K! For pretty much what you'd have expected a 5K computer monitor to cost, Apple's thrown in a very capable computer. It's reduced the price of Mac Minis as well. It's never been cheaper to do serious stuff on a Mac. Oh, there are some new iPads as well. K. Stewart, our own Apple Expert, gives the full details
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30088) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21137) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17963) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13645) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10201) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (503) Don't make plans for 30 years ahead!
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (1143) How to colour correct on unsuitable monitors
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (9621) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part two: using SSDs
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1534) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1151) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format