This is the big one. Lightworks for the Mac. Available for everyone to try today
iMacs are really powerful these days, and they come with a screen. The previous generation of Mac Pro's biggest selling point was that it was upgradable. The new Mac Pro isn't upgradable internally at all. Which should you buy? It's not an easy decision. This article by Chris Potter will help you through the decision process, and it will hopefully stop you making bad choices
This is a totally unfounded rumour, with no basis in fact whatsoever. We haven't seen any stories in any Asian electronics trade magazines and no-one has smuggled a factory picture of parts from any new computers. RedShark's Matt Gregory reports
It's been a long time coming, but now we finally have a 'pro' iOS device is it really all that we'd hoped for? K Stewart has been living with one and finds it an important step to something that could be truly great.
In what is becoming a bit of a trend among name brand companies, technological solutions are popping up for filmmakers that use the screen and electronics of our smartphones in tandem with third-party hardware.
When Apple quietly updated the iMac with new, speedier Intel Haswell processors and faster PCI-e flash storage, plus 802.11ac WiFi, it was met with little interest. But this speed bump is of great advantage to video editors using Final Cut Pro X, Lightworks, Premiere Pro CC and more
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (23967) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Sunday 24 Jan 2016 - (22674) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Monday 25 Jan 2016 - (14892) Building a powerful Intel Skylake video editing workstation
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (6185) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (5974) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 6 Feb 2016 - (479) Oscar season reveals some stunning vfx work
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2061) Resolve 12.3, FCP 10.2.3 and more - it’s Super Update Friday
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2014) Sponsored: IP will change everything you know about connecting video
- Friday 5 Feb 2016 - (2600) Lightworks 12.6 Free adds 1080p Vimeo export plus huge discounts
- Thursday 4 Feb 2016 - (2909) Log recording, noise and the Sony FS5