We're only speculating, but we think we know what the Mac Pro will be like
Apple Music, Metal for Mac OS Pro Apps and plenty more at WWDC15. This was a sprawling, diffuse keynote that, if nothing else, helped illustrate how Steve Jobs’ famously focused company has evolved to compete on so many different fronts, even if the product line would still fit on a single table. Report by K. Stewart.
A new, higher quality version of ProRes is immediately supported by the ARRI Alexa
Apple TV boasts the slickest media streaming UI yet, but that's only a fraction of its true potential. By realising an app-based future for television, K Stewart reckons that this device really could rewrite the consumer rulebook.
Into the top half of our Top Ten countdown and this opinion piece from Clayton Moore: Ahead of a significant Apple event on Thursday (this was back in October) he wondered how the company's wildly successful efforts in the consumer space could point to a future NLE resurgence and the rebirth of Final Cut Pro.
iMacs are really powerful these days, and they come with a screen. The previous generation of Mac Pro's biggest selling point was that it was upgradable. The new Mac Pro isn't upgradable internally at all. Which should you buy? It's not an easy decision. This article by Chris Potter will help you through the decision process, and it will hopefully stop you making bad choices
It's been a long time coming, but now we finally have a 'pro' iOS device is it really all that we'd hoped for? K Stewart has been living with one and finds it an important step to something that could be truly great.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17056) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12122) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7113) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5823) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5331) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (347) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (761) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1530) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1253) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1067) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR