Once again, a Kickstarter project yields a fascinating, ingenious product: CENTR, a camera with a diameter less than a coaster that shoots panoramic full 360-degree video in HD...or is it 4k?
An interview with Nick Mattingly, the head of Switcher Studio, an intriguing iOS app that grants multi-camera production and live streaming functionality to iPhones and iPads.
(Not) NAB 2015: Though Apple has only had one two NAB appearances in the past 8 years, that hasn’t stopped it from timing major updates for when the annual conference comes around. And this year is no different, as Apple releases Final Cut Pro 10.2, Motion 5.2, and Compressor 4.2. Daniel G Roberts is your guide.
Apple's results are a foggy glimpse into the heart of this giant company. Through the mist you sometimes see the future. K. Stewart explains
Apple TV boasts the slickest media streaming UI yet, but that's only a fraction of its true potential. By realising an app-based future for television, K Stewart reckons that this device really could rewrite the consumer rulebook.
- Saturday 14 May 2016 - (20589) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20267) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (18784) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (12843) Five things a Colorist would like to say to a DP
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (10728) 7 Free Motion Design Assets for Video Editors [sponsored]
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (559) Adobe to add native ProRes support to Windows software
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (445) LEDs and the power to (battery) weight ratio
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (1332) Update on the sale of Sony Vegas to Magix (Further update: Sony's own statement).
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (747) Europe mulls quota on streaming content
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (3296) Sony sells Vegas and more to Magix