Once again, a Kickstarter project yields a fascinating, ingenious product: CENTR, a camera with a diameter less than a coaster that shoots panoramic full 360-degree video in HD...or is it 4k?
RED and ARRI don't need to worry just yet, but here's more evidence that phones are the new camcorders
For almost a decade, the Mac Pro has been the workhorse for video editors, VFX artists and animators. But there hasn't been a new model for years, and - consistent, perhaps, with Apple's disastrous launch of Final Cut X, there is a very strong sense amongst professionals that their needs are not foremost in Apple's minds.
While the 2014 launch of Apple's updated mobile devices led to an avalanche of sales, the decision to stick with HD video recording underwhelmed some techies. We take a look at the issue and surmise at least three reasons why your new iPhone 6 or iPad Air 2 doesn't shoot 4K video.
From the original Mac System 1 through to Mountain Lion and iOS 6, Apple has strived to make revolutionary technology look familiar. Now that's all changed. K. Stewart reports
We look at Wordeo, the iPhone and iPod touch video messaging app created to bring words to life
Once again, ingenuity, creativity and hard work trump budget, as exhibited by an impressive new music video for Jennifer Davies' Lapse of Time, from director Maxx Peter and timelapse photographer Paul Richardson.
New iPhone 5S - just announced - is 56 times faster than the original iPhone
This is a totally unfounded rumour, with no basis in fact whatsoever. We haven't seen any stories in any Asian electronics trade magazines and no-one has smuggled a factory picture of parts from any new computers. RedShark's Matt Gregory reports
On the stage where Steve Jobs first launched the Mac and then kicked off Apple’s Lazarus-like rebirth with the original iMac, Tim Cook finally played the ‘one more thing’ card with Apple’s most personal computer yet. Not the iWatch, but the Apple Watch. K.Stewart reports.
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29964) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21071) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17890) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13427) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10068) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (486) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (510) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1152) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (668) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2804) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?