For ages, we've been predicting a 4K Mac, but we were wrong! It's 5K! For pretty much what you'd have expected a 5K computer monitor to cost, Apple's thrown in a very capable computer. It's reduced the price of Mac Minis as well. It's never been cheaper to do serious stuff on a Mac. Oh, there are some new iPads as well. K. Stewart, our own Apple Expert, gives the full details
From the original Mac System 1 through to Mountain Lion and iOS 6, Apple has strived to make revolutionary technology look familiar. Now that's all changed. K. Stewart reports
Once again, a Kickstarter project yields a fascinating, ingenious product: CENTR, a camera with a diameter less than a coaster that shoots panoramic full 360-degree video in HD...or is it 4k?
Debuting early in 2011, the dual protocol Thunderbolt standard promised dramatically improved transfer performance between peripheral devices and even the ability to daisy chain up to six devices form one port. So why, two years later, is it still considered a marginal technology? Andy Stout reports
(Not) NAB 2015: Though Apple has only had one two NAB appearances in the past 8 years, that hasn’t stopped it from timing major updates for when the annual conference comes around. And this year is no different, as Apple releases Final Cut Pro 10.2, Motion 5.2, and Compressor 4.2. Daniel G Roberts is your guide.
We're wondering whether FCP X was always designed with the New Mac Pro in mind - years before either was launched
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (42890) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30462) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21456) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19434) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14485) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (1965) This is how ARRI makes cameras - RedShark Exclusive
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (1265) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1493) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1264) [Sponsored] Amazing offer for Davinci Resolve training - Extended for Tuesday!
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1658) Panasonic aims Toughpad 4K Performance at film production