Have a close look at this video clip. It’s an advert for a high-end kitchen worktop manufacturer. Watch it in 720p, and look as closely as you can at the camerawork, the clever use of depth of field, the lighting, and particularly the fresh fruit.
And then reflect on the fact that no cameras - or indeed fruit - were involved in the making of this at all.
We revisit one of our favorites, a dandypunk, to see what new creative heights he's reached with his unique blend of animation, projection mapping, and performance.
It's not easy to make a photo-realistic animation of an eye, but this proves that it can be done - complete with peach-fluff!
Cinesite acquired Image Engine in the summer of 2015, combining forces of two of the most respected and sought after VFX companies. Check out their show reels!
3D animation company 3Lateral shows off an impressive facial rigging demo from its work on the Xbox One release title Son of Rome. Plus, a bonus video of the 3DLateral scan process!
2D and 3D workflows have never managed to play nicely together, with all sorts of inelegant kludges developed to get them to talk. All of which makes Imagineer’s new plugin for Maxon C4D all the more elegant.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16809) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12064) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10890) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7104) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5805) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (127) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (247) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1191) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1076) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (926) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR