One of the more obscure oddities from the 1980s console gaming era finds a new lease of life in the animation world.
Cinesite acquired Image Engine in the summer of 2015, combining forces of two of the most respected and sought after VFX companies. Check out their show reels!
This holiday we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time. Today: have you ever heard the collective sound of several hundred people's jaws dropping? If you've been to a cinema where they're showing the Life of Pi for the first time, then you probably have
How did they make that - thing - move?
In Part 1 of this 3 part series about applying for Jobs in the VFX Industry, RedShark's reporter HaZ, uses his experience as a VFX Supervisor and Producer to explain what he looks for in the in an application: what really works to get his attention - and what turns him off
There's no better way to get the attention of the big film companies than to make a breathtaking CGI short
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38339) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25031) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9801) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8503) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6425) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1345) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (533) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (1024) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (932) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (476) How to complain effectively