Have a close look at this video clip. It’s an advert for a high-end kitchen worktop manufacturer. Watch it in 720p, and look as closely as you can at the camerawork, the clever use of depth of field, the lighting, and particularly the fresh fruit.
And then reflect on the fact that no cameras - or indeed fruit - were involved in the making of this at all.
This is just a bit of fun, but consider for a moment the range and depth of skills that went in to this amazing piece of work
It's really, really hard to create a GGI human face that's convincing. If you know this, then you also know the reason why so many blockbuster movies (Antz, Bug's life, Cars, WALL•E etc) have been about things and not humans
SNSR is part of the Subway Poetry Film series , an anthology commissioned by the Bowery Poetry Club to promote the release of "Token Entry: New York City Subway Poems" (Small Books, 2012). Director Peter Haas explains the process
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (42051) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30417) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21389) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19349) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14428) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (408) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (857) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (898) [Sponsored] Amazing offer for Davinci Resolve training - only one day left
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1231) Panasonic aims Toughpad 4K Performance at film production
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1225) ARRI Amira now captures in Prores 4444 XQ