This is just a bit of fun, but consider for a moment the range and depth of skills that went in to this amazing piece of work
Pixar's new animation system allows animators to visualise their characters with all the important detail visible. Like hair!
There's no better way to get the attention of the big film companies than to make a breathtaking CGI short
We're getting tantalisingly close to crossing the uncanny valley - the chasm between what we can create with our very best CGI efforts and what we actually see in reality
Have you ever heard the collective sound of several hundred people's jaws dropping? If you've been to a cinema where they're showing the Life of Pi for the first time, then you probably have
Fur. It's hard to model in CGI. For a start, it's not one object but hundreds or thousands or millions of them. To make them convincing you have to model them; understanding how they move relative to each other, and to the animal or human that they're attached to
It's not easy to make a photo-realistic animation of an eye, but this proves that it can be done - complete with peach-fluff!
We revisit one of our favorites, a dandypunk, to see what new creative heights he's reached with his unique blend of animation, projection mapping, and performance.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (37771) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24588) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8076) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6284) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 28 Jan 2016 - (5250) RedShark Review: Canon CN7x17 17-120mm zoom
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (199) Some more URSA Mini 4.6K content to whet your appetite
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (3683) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (999) Stunning views of whales by drone
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (1486) Radio mics: the current state of the art
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (1846) Blackmagic releases new 1.2 Video Assist firmware