I was present at the audio mixing stage of Aardman Animations' "The Wrong Trousers" or "Wallace and Gromit" as most people remember it. This stop-motion animation classic was hilarious from the first frame to the last, but for me the most memorable thing was seeing it without sound, and then with sound
There’s more to Laika’s latest animated movie The Boxtrolls than meets the eye, not least in the way this ostensibly stop-motion creation seamlessly utilises modern animation techniques and even 3D printing to tell its wonderfully dark, critcally-acclaimed and subversive story.
Pixar's new animation system allows animators to visualise their characters with all the important detail visible. Like hair!
This holiday we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time. Today: have you ever heard the collective sound of several hundred people's jaws dropping? If you've been to a cinema where they're showing the Life of Pi for the first time, then you probably have
It's really, really hard to create a GGI human face that's convincing. If you know this, then you also know the reason why so many blockbuster movies (Antz, Bug's life, Cars, WALL•E etc) have been about things and not humans
How did they make that - thing - move?
We revisit one of our favorites, a dandypunk, to see what new creative heights he's reached with his unique blend of animation, projection mapping, and performance.
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29881) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21026) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17840) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13268) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (9982) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (251) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (478) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2130) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (5701) Panasonic 4K tech lets you change focus in post
- Monday 23 Nov 2015 - (2247) The evolution of editing: where will it go next?