George Lucas' production company Lucasfilm, which was recently taken over by Disney, have demonstrated the use of motion capture and video game engines to create real time animated movies. Is this the end of post production as we know it?
3D animation company 3Lateral shows off an impressive facial rigging demo from its work on the Xbox One release title Son of Rome. Plus, a bonus video of the 3DLateral scan process!
I was present at the audio mixing stage of Aardman Animations' "The Wrong Trousers" or "Wallace and Gromit" as most people remember it. This stop-motion animation classic was hilarious from the first frame to the last, but for me the most memorable thing was seeing it without sound, and then with sound
One of the more obscure oddities from the 1980s console gaming era finds a new lease of life in the animation world.
It's not easy to make a photo-realistic animation of an eye, but this proves that it can be done - complete with peach-fluff!
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (7335) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 20 Nov 2016 - (7049) Pairing lenses with different mounts: What you need to know
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (6858) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Tuesday 22 Nov 2016 - (6424) Is DJI going to stop at just dominating the drone market?
- Friday 18 Nov 2016 - (5283) The Grand Tour: Amazon Prime changes the game on so many levels
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (359) Is there simply too much video on the internet?
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (2025) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (631) A quick look at Teradek’s Sphere 360 system [video]
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (909) YouTube intros 4K live streaming
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (2601) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface