It's really, really hard to create a GGI human face that's convincing. If you know this, then you also know the reason why so many blockbuster movies (Antz, Bug's life, Cars, WALL•E etc) have been about things and not humans
We revisit one of our favorites, a dandypunk, to see what new creative heights he's reached with his unique blend of animation, projection mapping, and performance.
There’s more to Laika’s latest animated movie The Boxtrolls than meets the eye, not least in the way this ostensibly stop-motion creation seamlessly utilises modern animation techniques and even 3D printing to tell its wonderfully dark, critcally-acclaimed and subversive story.
How did they make that - thing - move?
George Lucas' production company Lucasfilm, which was recently taken over by Disney, have demonstrated the use of motion capture and video game engines to create real time animated movies. Is this the end of post production as we know it?
Have you ever heard the collective sound of several hundred people's jaws dropping? If you've been to a cinema where they're showing the Life of Pi for the first time, then you probably have
This is just a bit of fun, but consider for a moment the range and depth of skills that went in to this amazing piece of work
Disney's made an animated explanation about animation. Specifically, how their version of Ray Tracing (which they call Path Tracing) works
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (21467) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Saturday 14 May 2016 - (20661) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20363) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (13048) Five things a Colorist would like to say to a DP
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (10837) 7 Free Motion Design Assets for Video Editors [sponsored]
- Friday 27 May 2016 - (400) Olympus' impressive new action cam challenges GoPro
- Friday 27 May 2016 - (3788) The Sony PXW-Z150: “It is astounding what Sony has achieved for this price.”
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (810) Are we ready for driverless...cameras?
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (3689) Adobe to add native ProRes support to Windows software
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (895) LEDs and the power to (battery) weight ratio