Siggraph has produced a trailer highlighting some of the new and exciting experimental stuff that will be presented at the show
In Part 1 of this 3 part series about applying for Jobs in the VFX Industry, RedShark's reporter HaZ, uses his experience as a VFX Supervisor and Producer to explain what he looks for in the in an application: what really works to get his attention - and what turns him off
I was present at the audio mixing stage of Aardman Animations' "The Wrong Trousers" or "Wallace and Gromit" as most people remember it. This stop-motion animation classic was hilarious from the first frame to the last, but for me the most memorable thing was seeing it without sound, and then with sound
The free 3D-suite Blender has been released in version 2.67 this week. It includes the fruits of a development that started 5 years ago - the Freestyle line rendering engine. With this new engine it is possible to render lines based on their geometry, with countless possibilities for changing the style like line color, thickness, transparency etc. Blender expert Gottfried Hoffmann reports
There’s more to Laika’s latest animated movie The Boxtrolls than meets the eye, not least in the way this ostensibly stop-motion creation seamlessly utilises modern animation techniques and even 3D printing to tell its wonderfully dark, critcally-acclaimed and subversive story.
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (95631) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (39335) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 25 Oct 2016 - (25891) Apple could dominate the entire NLE space with the next Final Cut Pro
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (6609) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Tuesday 18 Oct 2016 - (5524) Panasonic AG-UX90 4K mid-sized camcorder on test
- Friday 28 Oct 2016 - (1337) Thanks to Apple, this is the FCP 10.3 review I can’t write
- Friday 28 Oct 2016 - (3286) Touch Bar MacBook Pro redefines high-end
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (865) Magic Bullet Suite leaps forward to Version 13
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (1933) Microsoft takes computers back to the drawing board with Surface Studio
- Thursday 27 Oct 2016 - (940) ODA - the immediate archive [sponsored]