George Lucas' production company Lucasfilm, which was recently taken over by Disney, have demonstrated the use of motion capture and video game engines to create real time animated movies. Is this the end of post production as we know it?
Pixar's new animation system allows animators to visualise their characters with all the important detail visible. Like hair!
Have you ever heard the collective sound of several hundred people's jaws dropping? If you've been to a cinema where they're showing the Life of Pi for the first time, then you probably have
There’s more to Laika’s latest animated movie The Boxtrolls than meets the eye, not least in the way this ostensibly stop-motion creation seamlessly utilises modern animation techniques and even 3D printing to tell its wonderfully dark, critcally-acclaimed and subversive story.
- Wednesday 24 Aug 2016 - (65384) Five top tips for colorists
- Saturday 27 Aug 2016 - (17454) Why some products are delivered late
- Wednesday 17 Aug 2016 - (15621) Canon EOS 5K Mk IV details leaked: surprisingly few surprises
- Friday 26 Aug 2016 - (11118) First Hands-On with the new EOS 5D Mk IV: 500Mbit/s 4K recording
- Saturday 20 Aug 2016 - (10442) Is the iPhone really a threat to video professionals?
- Tuesday 30 Aug 2016 - (398) RedShark Review: ShotPut Pro 6
- Tuesday 30 Aug 2016 - (694) Signiant Media Shuttle transforms a video production company [Sponsored]
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (945) Cheap cameras becoming expendable in big budget films?
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (1637) RØDE Microphones unveils upgrades
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (3908) Why the 5D Mk IV's sensor crop for 4K video is not that big a deal [Opinion]