RedShark Technical Editor Phil Rhodes profiles Monocle, a new utility from ClipToolz that converts raw color into a black-and-white result that approaches a 'true' monochromatic image.
Our resident VFX expert, HaZ, made an on-set discovery that not only eased his workflow, but solidified, in his opinion, the ARRI Alexa as the go-to camera for VFX shoots.
Could cameras like the AJA CION usher in a return to capturing great images in-camera? Simon Wyndham investigates.
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47359) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13543) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12418) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11515) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9156) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (313) Roku 4 adds 4K streaming
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (740) RE:Vison Effects anti-flicker plugins now available for Nuke, Fusion and other OpenFX hosts
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (573) You can't always trust your television
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (1617) The new normal: expect surprises
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (2487) RedShark Review: Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Monitor