RedShark Technical Editor Phil Rhodes profiles Monocle, a new utility from ClipToolz that converts raw color into a black-and-white result that approaches a 'true' monochromatic image.
A clever little anamorphic adaptor opens up new possibilities for the ARRI Alexa
Popular though the Arri Alexa is, some people have been deterred from recording the Raw output by the requirement for the camera to be tethered to an outboard recorder which sometimes cost as much to rent as the camera itself! RedShark contributor Freya reports
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47245) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17676) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13253) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12350) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11463) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (178) You can't always trust your television
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (1223) The new normal: expect surprises
- Tuesday 6 Oct 2015 - (2269) RedShark Review: Dell Ultrasharp U3415W Monitor
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (2338) HP unveils revamped workstations and hints at Skylake
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (5431) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world