Roland Denning argues that we should place camera choice in its proper context: as a means to serve our craft and not the other way around.
We're pretty sure Arri doesn't need any help from us to sell their popular Alexa cameras, but we found this clip from an Arri-staged event at IBC 2012 that features Roger Deakins, the award-winning Chief Cinematographer on Skyfall.
In a statement released today (and reproduced below in full) ARRI has announced that its Amira camera will can be upgraded to record UHD (not 4K) internally, as UHDProRes
In a packed NAB conference room, Lytro revealed the first film shot with its massive, 755 megapixel light field Cinema Camera. But, for all its size, the camera wasn't the only elephant in the room.
Our resident VFX expert, HaZ, made an on-set discovery that not only eased his workflow, but solidified, in his opinion, the ARRI Alexa as the go-to camera for VFX shoots.
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16768) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12059) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10887) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7101) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5800) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (51) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (174) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1089) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1030) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (898) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR