A clever little anamorphic adaptor opens up new possibilities for the ARRI Alexa
RedShark Technical Editor Phil Rhodes profiles Monocle, a new utility from ClipToolz that converts raw color into a black-and-white result that approaches a 'true' monochromatic image.
Here's another chance to read this great article by Phil Rhodes on why cameras need global shutters. Cheaper, cinematic cameras come with a cost - they tend to have Rolling Shutters, which means that rapid movement can be skewed. The ability to buy cameras with global shutters at all price points can't come soon enough, according to Phil Rhodes
Increased resolution means hitting focus is more critical than ever. But have advancements in resolution outstripped our ability to determine when an image is in sharp focus?
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47747) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14100) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12566) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11679) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9381) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (530) DJI intros integrated, stabilised handheld 4K camera
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (1355) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (952) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1310) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (1332) Sony splits off image sensor business