Roland Denning argues that we should place camera choice in its proper context: as a means to serve our craft and not the other way around.
RedShark Technical Editor Phil Rhodes profiles Monocle, a new utility from ClipToolz that converts raw color into a black-and-white result that approaches a 'true' monochromatic image.
Phil Rhodes takes a visit to the Panavision facility in Woodland Hills, California to profile the Panavision E-series, lenses that have delivered that classic anamorphic look (and, yes, flares) to an exhaustive list of Hollywood blockbusters.
In a packed NAB conference room, Lytro revealed the first film shot with its massive, 755 megapixel light field Cinema Camera. But, for all its size, the camera wasn't the only elephant in the room.
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24599) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (20450) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (15952) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8465) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (5970) The Panasonic FZ80: 4K for under $400
- Saturday 21 Jan 2017 - (80) A behind-the-scenes look at The Last Starfighter and the very early days of CG
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (877) Metabones announces fifth generation EF To E mount adapters
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (5403) The Sony FS7 II and why it absolutely is a big deal
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (786) Some stunning work using the Phantom Miro
- Thursday 19 Jan 2017 - (2324) The "iPhone" of the video industry? [sponsored]