The paralysis of choice: The modern camera has a vast array of available features, but too often we find ourselves having to jump through hoops to get basic usability via add-ons, or standing in front of a bewilderingly long and involved menu scratched our heads trying to work out what it is we actually want. Just like buying a coffee. As Simon Wyndham writes, this needs to change.
Phil Rhodes takes another look at the Ursa Mini 4K and explores the greatest gift any camera can bestow on a production: letting people simply get on with the business of making films.
RedShark replay: Could cameras like the AJA CION usher in a return to capturing great images in-camera? Simon Wyndham investigates.
Our resident VFX expert, HaZ, made an on-set discovery that not only eased his workflow, but solidified, in his opinion, the ARRI Alexa as the go-to camera for VFX shoots.
How do you make the right choice from the plethora of good cameras available today? Especially if you want to make a film on your own.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38708) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25712) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10673) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8839) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (6908) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (888) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1299) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1604) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (997) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1561) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone