In a statement released today (and reproduced below in full) ARRI has announced that its Amira camera will can be upgraded to record UHD (not 4K) internally, as UHDProRes
Can you make a feature film with an iPhone? Well, "yes" is the answer if you don't mind a slightly fuzzy-looking picture on a big screen, and if you sit far enough away, but you can certainly get a cinematic "look" if you use cinema-type techniques when you make your film, and some software to give your work its finishing touches.
How do you make the right choice from the plethora of good cameras available today? Especially if you want to make a film on your own.
Popular though the Arri Alexa is, some people have been deterred from recording the Raw output by the requirement for the camera to be tethered to an outboard recorder which sometimes cost as much to rent as the camera itself! RedShark contributor Freya reports
Our resident VFX expert, HaZ, made an on-set discovery that not only eased his workflow, but solidified, in his opinion, the ARRI Alexa as the go-to camera for VFX shoots.
At a launch event in Los Angeles, ARRI wowed its audience of cinematographers and Hollywood taste-makers with its full-screen presentation of footage from the Alexa 65 and, better yet, hands-on time with the camera.
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30072) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21135) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17959) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13636) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10199) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (428) Don't make plans for 30 years ahead!
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (1060) How to colour correct on unsuitable monitors
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (9592) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part two: using SSDs
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1515) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1113) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format