At a launch event in Los Angeles, ARRI wowed its audience of cinematographers and Hollywood taste-makers with its full-screen presentation of footage from the Alexa 65 and, better yet, hands-on time with the camera.
In a packed NAB conference room, Lytro revealed the first film shot with its massive, 755 megapixel light field Cinema Camera. But, for all its size, the camera wasn't the only elephant in the room.
In a statement released today (and reproduced below in full) ARRI has announced that its Amira camera will can be upgraded to record UHD (not 4K) internally, as UHDProRes
RedShark Technical Editor Phil Rhodes profiles Monocle, a new utility from ClipToolz that converts raw color into a black-and-white result that approaches a 'true' monochromatic image.
Phil Rhodes takes a visit to the Panavision facility in Woodland Hills, California to profile the Panavision E-series, lenses that have delivered that classic anamorphic look (and, yes, flares) to an exhaustive list of Hollywood blockbusters.
Phil Rhodes takes another look at the Ursa Mini 4K and explores the greatest gift any camera can bestow on a production: letting people simply get on with the business of making films.
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (7331) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 20 Nov 2016 - (7049) Pairing lenses with different mounts: What you need to know
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (6858) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Tuesday 22 Nov 2016 - (6424) Is DJI going to stop at just dominating the drone market?
- Friday 18 Nov 2016 - (5283) The Grand Tour: Amazon Prime changes the game on so many levels
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (358) Is there simply too much video on the internet?
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (2023) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (631) A quick look at Teradek’s Sphere 360 system [video]
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (909) YouTube intros 4K live streaming
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (2601) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface