Popular though the Arri Alexa is, some people have been deterred from recording the Raw output by the requirement for the camera to be tethered to an outboard recorder which sometimes cost as much to rent as the camera itself! RedShark contributor Freya reports
Can you make a feature film with an iPhone? Well, "yes" is the answer if you don't mind a slightly fuzzy-looking picture on a big screen, and if you sit far enough away, but you can certainly get a cinematic "look" if you use cinema-type techniques when you make your film, and some software to give your work its finishing touches.
RedShark replay: Could cameras like the AJA CION usher in a return to capturing great images in-camera? Simon Wyndham investigates.
At a launch event in Los Angeles, ARRI wowed its audience of cinematographers and Hollywood taste-makers with its full-screen presentation of footage from the Alexa 65 and, better yet, hands-on time with the camera.
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplace
- Sunday 24 Apr 2016 - (21049) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 26 Apr 2016 - (8436) The world's smallest 4K interchangeable lens camera
- Friday 15 Apr 2016 - (8362) The Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera: "A great addition to anyone's arsenal."
- Friday 15 Apr 2016 - (7966) 5 things every video editor should have on their hard drive [sponsored]
- Monday 18 Apr 2016 - (6315) Dramatic updates for URSA Mini and new products from Blackmagic
- Friday 29 Apr 2016 - (867) 3 ways to help if you have to use a different NLE
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (668) RedShark's Teradek NAB live tv shows - Episode I, Nick Rashby, President, AJA
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (639) The Zeiss VR One: an important headset for the future?
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (1056) Why Optical Disc Archive? [sponsored]
- Wednesday 27 Apr 2016 - (1304) NAB 2016: of audio and increasing automation