Popular though the Arri Alexa is, some people have been deterred from recording the Raw output by the requirement for the camera to be tethered to an outboard recorder which sometimes cost as much to rent as the camera itself! RedShark contributor Freya reports
RedShark replay: Could cameras like the AJA CION usher in a return to capturing great images in-camera? Simon Wyndham investigates.
How do you make the right choice from the plethora of good cameras available today? Especially if you want to make a film on your own.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38304) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24982) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9540) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8455) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6408) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (208) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (749) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (764) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (436) How to complain effectively
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (2416) Some more URSA Mini 4.6K content to whet your appetite