Opinion: Ned Soltz on the significance of Adobe’s IBC news and how it’s both leading in some areas and knows it has to play catch-up in others.
Four years after Apple pulled the plug, Final Cut Pro 7 still plays an important role in the industry. But, with rumours that it will not run on the forthcoming El Capitan OS growing, how long can editors keep relying on it? By Andrew Johnstone.
It’s been a little over a week since Adobe announced the end of perpetual licenses for its Creative Suite software family. Adobe CS6 will be the last product line to be available as a boxed set or download. There will be no future development. The future is the Adobe Creative Cloud
There was a lot of news at IBC2014, particularly on the camera and camera accessory front, and we published a lot of stories as a result (with more still in the pipeline). Here, in case you’ve missed any of our coverage, are the highlights so far (with added Photokina).
David Fincher's Gone Girl could have used a "traditional" workflow, but opted for the combination of Adobe Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC. Here's why:
A new plug-in for Premiere Pro, PDFviewer, could be your simple fix to a common editing dilemma.
Some parts of Adobe's Creative Cloud system were unavailable for some time. Some forum users report being locked out of current projects. How can this be prevented in future?
Once again, ingenuity, creativity and hard work trump budget, as exhibited by an impressive new music video for Jennifer Davies' Lapse of Time, from director Maxx Peter and timelapse photographer Paul Richardson.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (19205) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Saturday 25 Feb 2017 - (12699) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12518) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 24 Feb 2017 - (8271) Sony mirrorless cameras’ secret super power: Clear Image Zoom
- Monday 27 Feb 2017 - (7309) Panasonic GH5 noise reduction appears to be spectacular
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (307) Join Sony for a webinar on HDR production, Thursday 7th March
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (598) YouTube unveils its live TV service
- Wednesday 1 Mar 2017 - (1049) The *really* shameful Oscar moment
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (929) How to bring video into... everything! [sponsored]
- Tuesday 28 Feb 2017 - (3575) Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio HD and Web Presenter: first look