RedShark Replay: Another chance to read this controversial article, which is also one of the most read-ever pieces on RedShark. What do you think?
Another chance to read about this fascinating debate. This was first published in April 2014. Just because we can do 16 bit, High Dynamic Range, 6K and 8K: does that mean we need it? Here's where to start in the debate
Nokia's trying to establish a big lead in phone camera technology with it's new 1020 that sports a 41 megapixel sensor. Just to put it in video terms: that's an 8K sensor, in a phone!
It dawned on me just the other day: we are living in the future. There is so much innovation and new technology around us that it no longer feels like we're merely living in the present. It's as if we're in a science fiction movie where we've been transported forward by ten or twenty years
Sky TV (one of the UK's major broadcaster and widely viewed across Europe) is remaining tight-lipped about their plans for 4K. RedShark contacted them recently with an interview request and the response was that no-one was available. This is in stark contrast to when they were launching 3D, when they were somewhat more effusive about their 3D roadmap
Taken with something of a sense of irony, a camera phone can't do justice to the magnificence of an 8K, 33 megapixel video screen.
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38698) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25701) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10655) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8831) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (6834) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (849) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1250) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1560) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (985) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1549) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone