It's kind of surprising to see a top-end camera like the F65 being used in smaller independent films. But the reality is that it's not so expensive and difficult to operate that it's out of range of this type of production. And here's the proof
FIFA is making plans alongside Japan's NHK to capture some of the games from this summer's World Cup in Brazil in 8K. And the footage will be down converted to 4K to help 4K producers. Down converting to 4K! You read it here first!
At the risk of giving the game away - probably not. But we still think that Ultra Widescreen - 21:9 - at 4K-type resolutions is a better bet than 8K, for all sorts of reasons
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (45152) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17793) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14881) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9788) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7627) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (594) Easy drag-and-drop video effects clips from Rampant
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (5419) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (1165) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (3795) How to calibrate your monitor
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (2151) New brushless 3-axis GoPro control adds pan & tilt