At the risk of giving the game away - probably not. But we still think that Ultra Widescreen - 21:9 - at 4K-type resolutions is a better bet than 8K, for all sorts of reasons
Ikegami is another manufacturer working with NHK on developing Super Hi-Vision camera kit, and with its latest shoulder-mounted SHK-810 it is also highlighting the astonishing amount of progress made since it manufactured its first 8K prototype back in 2002.
Sony has developed a mind-bending application for UHDTV (Ultra High Definition TV) that records the action on an entire football pitch, and then allows an area of the pitch to be selected and output at "standard" 1080 or 720 resolutions.
- Sunday 11 Oct 2015 - (45215) We may have solved the mystery of why film just looks better
- Friday 9 Oct 2015 - (17915) Light L16: Revolutionary computational photography camera hits the market
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (14899) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9804) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Monday 5 Oct 2015 - (7641) RedShark Review: AJA Cion out in the real world
- Wednesday 14 Oct 2015 - (88) Royalty free music licensing?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (723) Easy drag-and-drop video effects clips from Rampant
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (5955) Was the DSLR revolution worth it?
- Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 - (1280) Content: The big problem with VR
- Monday 12 Oct 2015 - (4139) How to calibrate your monitor