Despite the frivolous nature of the Eurovision Song Contest, the EBU is does work that is beneficial to broadcasters across the world
Increased resolution means hitting focus is more critical than ever. But have advancements in resolution outstripped our ability to determine when an image is in sharp focus?
FIFA is making plans alongside Japan's NHK to capture some of the games from this summer's World Cup in Brazil in 8K. And the footage will be down converted to 4K to help 4K producers. Down converting to 4K! You read it here first!
Sky TV (one of the UK's major broadcaster and widely viewed across Europe) is remaining tight-lipped about their plans for 4K. RedShark contacted them recently with an interview request and the response was that no-one was available. This is in stark contrast to when they were launching 3D, when they were somewhat more effusive about their 3D roadmap
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38647) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25580) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10525) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8771) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6618) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Saturday 13 Feb 2016 - (287) Event Horizon showcases the power of blocking and framing
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (944) This is what you need to throw multiple 4K images around
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (1284) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (902) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1402) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone