Dell's just announced a 4K 32" monitor at SIGGRAPH
The mysterious new XDCAM from Sony may not be so mysterious after all... Our Far East correspondent, John Burkhart has been investigating
This summer we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time around. Today: 4K is careering towards us like an out-of-control steamroller. But hang on a minute! HD hasn't suddenly got worse, and we all thought it was pretty good a couple of years ago...
UK -based company releases complete suite of 2D and 3D 4K test material with software to convert into all formats
This is the first of two articles featuring the Sony F65 - currently widely considered to be the best cinematography camera in the world, and the only one to output a true 4K from its 8K sensor. In this RedShark exclusive, Andy Stout talks to DoP Ben Smithard about his approach to shooting period drama Belle with this 4K camera
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29891) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21029) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17849) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13288) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (9993) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (354) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (501) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2232) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (5818) Panasonic 4K tech lets you change focus in post
- Monday 23 Nov 2015 - (2321) The evolution of editing: where will it go next?