According to a recent study on worldwide internet speeds, there was almost a 100% increase, year over year, in reaching the broadband threshold necessary to receive 4K transmissions. But the report also revealed a few other surprises.
Having a laptop with a 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) screen has made us realise that you really do need to have a 4K screen to work with 4K video.
After two weeks of teasing, the NewF is here. And the big surprise is that the NewF is not just a camera but rather an entire ecosystem. Ned Soltz, our NY reporter, brings us the details.
The Canon 1DC is a curious camera. Based on a top-end DSLR design, with essentially only some additional firmware it becomes a 4K camcorder as well. But where does it fit into the increasingly complex matrix of options around high res, high dynamic range (i.e. RAW) devices that are available today at approximately affordable prices?
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38312) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24990) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (9590) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8469) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6409) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (273) 101 uses for a GoPro camera
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (812) How to shoot good interviews
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (799) What Dell's cryptic press release about security really means
- Wednesday 10 Feb 2016 - (442) How to complain effectively
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (2466) Some more URSA Mini 4.6K content to whet your appetite