Perhaps in response to the recent Sony F5 'hack' (or perhaps not; who can say?), Sony has announced that it will now be offering a software only 4K recording upgrade for the Sony F5, in addition to its full Sony F5 to F55 hardware upgrade.
Here's another chance to read this article, the content of which seem to get more relevant with each passing day: "Megapixels" doesn't equal "resolution". Not by a long way!
Shooting films is better lit with, you know, lights. But if you just have to use a candle as your sole light source, there's hope for you yet. Not only that, but Sony's light-sipping A7s could get you out of all sorts of low-light trouble
RED, the makers of the beyond-4K cinema cameras, have a vested interest in making you want these higher resolutions. But they do explain it very well
Sky TV (one of the UK's major broadcaster and widely viewed across Europe) is remaining tight-lipped about their plans for 4K. RedShark contacted them recently with an interview request and the response was that no-one was available. This is in stark contrast to when they were launching 3D, when they were somewhat more effusive about their 3D roadmap
One of the more significant, non product stories to emerge from CES concerns the establishment of the UHD Alliance by most of the companies you would hope would be at the forefront of an attempt to establish some standards in the industry.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16773) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12061) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10889) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7103) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5802) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (72) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (199) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1114) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1045) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (901) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR