Last Sunday a Lionel Messi hat-trick helped Barcelona to a remarkable 3-4 victory over Real Madrid 3-4 away at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium. And this time Messi's footballing genius was captured for posterity in full 4K glory.
Most Americans have never heard of the Chinese electronics manufacturing giant TCL. But thanks to a decade of savvy business dealings and its next generation of budget-friendly UHD televisions arriving soon, that may be about to change. In the first of a two-part series, we explore the company's origins, and how it ascended to the edge of global market dominance.
Sony was in a difficult position when they presented their press conference today at the Mirage Ballroom in Las Vegas. They've already announced their F5 and F55 4K cameras in October last year (they've already sold 2000 of them) , and no-one was really expecting any ground-breaking news from them today. But that doesn't mean that the content of the news conference wasn't important, because the underlying seismic movement towards 4K was solidified by a few of the more subtle comments
The Seiki 4K set for under $1300 is in the shops and apparently selling well to early adopters who shrug off the unavailability of 4K material. But is it any good? The first in-depth reviews are out
JVC has always made good projectors. And they've always used really good technology that's been kind-of hard to understand, because it takes a lot of explaining. But if all you want is good pictures, the tech doesn't really matter, because if it looks good, it is good
This is just by way of a preview of an article we're publishing on Tuesday. It's about the Panasonic GH4: a camera that has blown us away with its video capabilities
We thought it was pretty remarkable when Nvidia announced their new Tegra 4 chipset that will bring 4K capabilities to tablets and phones. And it is. But it's no longer unique. To pretty much everyone's surprise, Qualcomm said yesterday that they too were going to release a 4K video-capable chipset too
Even though many pundits think 4K will be delivered by streaming, there are plenty of households still with slower broadband for whom this will not be an option. Now, it seems, Google's free VP9 codec might be a candidate for a new "Blu-Ray" format
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46489) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17159) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12020) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11753) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11035) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (607) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1314) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1679) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2884) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1966) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite