Can these cheap sets really be any good?
Host broadcaster CBS had over 60 cameras at the Superbowl, including 6 FT- ONE 4K cameras from FOR-A but they weren’t used for normal game footage. The FOR-A Cameras can shoot 4K at up to 900 frames per second so they are the perfect system for capturing disputed plays
Amid all the recent fuss over 4K, it's easy to get caught up in the enthusiasm over resolution. Shooting a video frame that's the size of a photo taken by a stills camera is no bad thing, of course, but colour and contrast are still the most eye-catching properties on an image. But now we know what the future holds for colour
You wouldn't expect any film with Tom Cruise in it to be short on production values and Oblivion proves the point. Shot in shimmering 4K with Sony's F65, it relies less overtly on computer-generated special effects than other sci-fi blockbusters
One of the most important events in the uptake of HD in the industry was the disappearance of the 'HD Premium', the point when manufacturers started to offer HD equipment with little or no price hike over their SD models. This NAB, it looks like the same sort of thing is starting to happen with 4K.
Procam, a UK-based hire company, has shown a huge commitment to 4K by placing the biggest ever order for equipment by a hire company with Sony
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29999) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21105) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17923) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13513) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10118) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (9155) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part two: using SSDs
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1053) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (664) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1433) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (727) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?