Toshiba announces 4K Blu Ray Player... er... no, it doesn't
Curved screens are shaping up as a key differentiator between top and lower tier television brands, especially those jumping in the race to put an UltraHD television in your home. Sony is the latest to follow the curve, introducing its first (less) curved line of 4K UHD televisions.
Procam, a UK-based hire company, has shown a huge commitment to 4K by placing the biggest ever order for equipment by a hire company with Sony
Timed with the start of Photokina, Panasonic releases the Lumix LX100, a diminutive, fixed lens 4K camera that's aimed squarely at video shooters.
The current fixation on resolution is misplaced and we’re in danger of missing the point completely when we make films and videos
Sky TV (one of the UK's major broadcaster and widely viewed across Europe) is remaining tight-lipped about their plans for 4K. RedShark contacted them recently with an interview request and the response was that no-one was available. This is in stark contrast to when they were launching 3D, when they were somewhat more effusive about their 3D roadmap
With Sony's F55 shaping up to be such a good device, it's reasonable to wonder about the future role of Sony's flagship camera, the F65. We spoke to Richard Lewis, Product Specialist for Cimenatography at Sony Europe, to get some definitive answers
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29900) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21034) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17858) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13306) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10000) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (508) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (533) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2323) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (5954) Panasonic 4K tech lets you change focus in post
- Monday 23 Nov 2015 - (2388) The evolution of editing: where will it go next?