While many of us are patiently waiting for the Atomos Shogun 4K HDMI recorder, Convergent Design reminds us that they already have an SDI 4K and other recorders on the market, now made better with a recent firmware update.
The Seiki 4K set for under $1300 is in the shops and apparently selling well to early adopters who shrug off the unavailability of 4K material. But is it any good? The first in-depth reviews are out
RedShark Replay: Another chance to read this controversial article, which is also one of the most read-ever pieces on RedShark. What do you think?
Sony just released a pretty advertisement for its line of UHD televisions, captured in 4K. But how well does it translate to sub-UHD displays? And is it enough to reel in the customers?
The world changed again today when Blackmagic introduced two more cameras. A 4K camera for $3,995, and - a total surprise a "pocket" digital film camera for $995. An excited Freya reports
All this talk of 4K, high frame rate, 3D, and ever more precision and information in video signals is a good thing, right? Well, yes, but at some point, an engineering solution has to be designed to let it happen, and there's reason to believe we might be getting a bit ahead of ourselves
Barely two weeks ago we carried a story about the Seiki 50" 4K TV that was priced at only $1299 - a tiny fraction of the prices that we've been seeing for 4K TVs from the usual manufacturers. Most people were understandably sceptical. Was this ever going to go on sale at this extraordinarily low price? Would it be any good?
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (43130) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30473) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21464) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19458) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14514) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (197) RedShark Exclusive Competition: Win a Panasonic DVX200 - one of the most talked about cameras of the year
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (175) Will AMD's new CAD-centric FirePro W4300 graphics card also be good for film?
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (2923) This is how ARRI makes cameras - RedShark Exclusive
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (1452) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1649) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right