At this year's NAB show in Las Vegas Autodesk announced that they were working with Blackmagic Designs to add support for their video I/O cards in Smoke 2013. It looks like that support is going to be here next week.
CES - the consumer electronics show - is coming soon, and we'll be watching it quite intensely because in so many ways the consumer business leads the professional one these days, so it's important to see what the trends are because that is how we'll know what sort of devices we'll have to make content for in the future
To mark the occasion of the new year, our editor has asked me to come up with some predictions for the coming twelve months
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (46443) Five top tips for colorists
- Tuesday 22 Sep 2015 - (17141) Review - Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4K: The most interesting camera of the decade?
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (11991) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (11574) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11015) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Sunday 4 Oct 2015 - (474) If CGI is bad, is CGI to blame?
- Saturday 3 Oct 2015 - (1273) Major upgrade for JVC's flagship 4K camera, the GY-LS300
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1585) Digital Cinema Society launches web series for filmmakers and cinematographers
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (2791) Dell massively updates Precision Mobile Workstations
- Friday 2 Oct 2015 - (1897) GenArts unveils Sapphire 9 VFX plug-in suite