At this year's NAB show in Las Vegas Autodesk announced that they were working with Blackmagic Designs to add support for their video I/O cards in Smoke 2013. It looks like that support is going to be here next week.
CES - the consumer electronics show - is coming soon, and we'll be watching it quite intensely because in so many ways the consumer business leads the professional one these days, so it's important to see what the trends are because that is how we'll know what sort of devices we'll have to make content for in the future
To mark the occasion of the new year, our editor has asked me to come up with some predictions for the coming twelve months
- Tuesday 6 Dec 2016 - (14879) The RED Epic-W: the best dual purpose still/cinematography camera yet?
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (8071) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (7241) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (4225) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (4124) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface
- Friday 9 Dec 2016 - (231) BBC demos Planet Earth II footage in 4K HDR
- Friday 9 Dec 2016 - (691) The Chronos 1.4: A high-speed camera for the masses?
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (568) The Rory Peck Awards 2016: News camerawork at its very finest
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (941) Imagineer ramps up mocha Pro features
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (1520) Learn Resolve editing from importing media to final delivery