18 Jul 2016
Here's a short, energetic video shot on the Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4.6K and the DJI Inspire X5R that delivers fireworks and "fun on the midway."Read more...
18 Jul 2016
We've been working with RED and G-Technology to look at the issues, opportunities and practical solutions around shooting in higher-than-4K resolutions. We asked cinematographer Shane Hurlbut, ASC, what it’s like to work in higher-than 4K resolutions using RED cameras and G-Technology storageRead more...
18 Jul 2016
There have never been so many ready-to-fly drones on the market, yet picking the right one to fit your needs can still be difficult. Simon Wyndham puts some popular RTF options in context, highlighting key features and use cases.Read more...
15 Jul 2016
Just in case this headline looks familiar to you, you’re right: we’ve been talking about this stuff for a long time. But a lot has changed, the world has moved on, and now, we’re no longer simply extrapolating from what’s gone before: we’re dealing with the real thing.Read more...
13 Jul 2016
Ergonomics matters. Professional videomakers need to know that their equipment will help rather than hinder them. But perhaps the most important benefit of good ergonomics lies in good health.Read more...
12 Jul 2016
A recent firmware update to Metabones MFT-EF and some E-EF adapters includes smooth iris support for newer Canon and Tamron lenses, as well as other fixes and tweaks.Read more...
11 Jul 2016
RED's startling new Helium sensor hasn't just been announced with some far off ship date, it looks like it's here already. Renowned RED expert and RedShark contributor Nick Morrison runs through the detail of what we know, some of the genuinely stunning implications, and where this takes us next.Read more...
- Wednesday 24 Aug 2016 - (65367) Five top tips for colorists
- Saturday 27 Aug 2016 - (17452) Why some products are delivered late
- Wednesday 17 Aug 2016 - (15617) Canon EOS 5K Mk IV details leaked: surprisingly few surprises
- Friday 26 Aug 2016 - (11082) First Hands-On with the new EOS 5D Mk IV: 500Mbit/s 4K recording
- Saturday 20 Aug 2016 - (10430) Is the iPhone really a threat to video professionals?
- Tuesday 30 Aug 2016 - (315) RedShark Review: ShotPut Pro 6
- Tuesday 30 Aug 2016 - (664) Signiant Media Shuttle transforms a video production company [Sponsored]
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (882) Cheap cameras becoming expendable in big budget films?
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (1587) RØDE Microphones unveils upgrades
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (3674) Why the 5D Mk IV's sensor crop for 4K video is not that big a deal [Opinion]
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Colour Digital Bolex drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro Grading HD HDR lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX