15 Oct 2017
As smartphones get more powerful, their cameras become more capable. In response to this the benchmark company DxOMark has expanded its evaluation criteria to include both Bokeh and Zoom while focusing on low light and motion artefacts.Read more...
13 Oct 2017
DP Mark Toia has been showcasing the visual versatility of the RED 8K sensor once more, this time on a sumptuous looking commercial for Jeep India.Read more...
13 Oct 2017
35 years after the original, Blade Runner 2049 hit cinemas last week to widespread critical acclaim. While director Denis Villeneuve has received his fair share of praise, many have highlighted the exceptional work of cinematographer Roger Deakins, suggesting it may finally win the 13-times-nominated DP an Oscar. Neil Oseman takes a look at the photographic style Deakins employed for the…Read more...
12 Oct 2017
DJI’s purchase of Hasselblad earlier this year was an indication that it was as serious about the optical side of its business as about its aerial platforms and the new 6K $2700 Zenmuse X7 is proof.Read more...
11 Oct 2017
One of the quiet little revolutions going on in stills photography is the return to shooting pictures on film. With SLR film cameras and lenses cheap and easy to find on eBay, and with digital shooters wanting a retro look beyond the digital manipulation achievable with software, it’s easy to see why Kodak is bringing back one of the most…Read more...
11 Oct 2017
If you are looking for a good full frame autofocus capable prime lens, Rokinon has now expanded its range with a new 35mm addition.Read more...
Character can be portrayed primarily through an actors performance. But cinematography plays an important part in enhancing character traits and our emotions towards them. DP Neil Oseman gives us his thoughts.Read more...
- Sunday 5 Nov 2017 - (23048) One technique to improve your edits
- Sunday 12 Nov 2017 - (15592) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Friday 10 Nov 2017 - (6785) Strange but true: Intel is putting AMD graphics cores into its processors
- Thursday 9 Nov 2017 - (6731) Amazing AI algorithm enhances photos with sci-fi like accuracy
- Tuesday 14 Nov 2017 - (6493) Can the iPhone X compete with a professional camera?
- Saturday 18 Nov 2017 - (344) Do we still need physical media?
- Friday 17 Nov 2017 - (1970) DaVinci Resolve 14.1 - new point update packs in a huge number of improvements
- Friday 17 Nov 2017 - (1503) How artificial intelligence works - part 1
- Friday 17 Nov 2017 - (1641) New AI systems generate digital clouds that are indistinguishable from reality
- Thursday 16 Nov 2017 - (1482) DeckLink 8K Pro: Blackmagic leads the way for 8K mass adoption
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video