02 Aug 2017
US tech vlogger Marques Brownlee has been the first person to get his hands on a RED Hydrogen and while the video he's uploaded about it doesn't add too much to our knowledge about the unit, it definitely fills in some gaps. [Update: as does a very impressed Facebook post from Vincent Laforet.]Read more...
01 Aug 2017
Video backgrounds have a pretty tough job. These often overlooked components put in a lot of hard work but get little glory in return. That’s because a good background element blends in with the action rather than calls attention to itself. A thankless task but a super vital one.Read more...
31 Jul 2017
We've just heard that the Atomos Sumo 19" HDR monitor/recorder is now shipping worldwide.Read more...
RedShark Replay: Eagle-eyed observers of the BBC’s latest natural history opus, Planet Earth II, will have noticed some non-4K kit being used in the ‘making of’ segments. So, was it shot in 4K or wasn’t it?Read more...
29 Jul 2017
Sony's sudden withdrawal of the latest FS5 firmware has taken users by surprise. The explanation, it seems, is simple: it's a minor, relatively obscure issue.Read more...
28 Jul 2017
Sony has released a variety of 4K footage captured by the 7S II full-frame mirrorless camera that has become the first off-the-shelf camera mounted on the outside of the International Space Station to capture 4K.Read more...
- Tuesday 8 Aug 2017 - (11452) Why AMD’s Ryzen Threadripper is such a big deal
- Saturday 12 Aug 2017 - (11106) 11 things filmmakers need to consider about audio
- Saturday 19 Aug 2017 - (10825) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Friday 18 Aug 2017 - (8008) Canon's powerful lower priced low light alternative
- Friday 11 Aug 2017 - (7433) The Sony FS7 II: best in class
- Tuesday 22 Aug 2017 - (282) How IBC stays ahead of the curve
- Tuesday 22 Aug 2017 - (1898) Digital vs film. Has the digital process become over complicated and expensive?
- Monday 21 Aug 2017 - (895) Ten years of superlative aviation filmmaking
- Monday 21 Aug 2017 - (1799) Is the Nikon D850 waiting in the wings with 8K timelapse?
- Monday 21 Aug 2017 - (2596) Mistika Insight, free high end editing and finishing software
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video