09 Nov 2016
It seems that New York is having a bit of a day of unveiling surprises, with a new, advanced model of Sony’s popular FS7 camcorder, the FS7 II, breaking cover at NAB New York this morning.Read more...
09 Nov 2016
YouTube’s status as a barometer for new video formats is well-established, and now it has given its seal of approval to HDR.Read more...
07 Nov 2016
Sony is offering not one, but two free webinars this Thursday, 10 November, showing you how to add extra polish to your productions with sensational images and audio quality.Read more...
Phil Rhodes on survivorship bias, becoming a director, and the sort of muddled thinking that leads people to see correlations where none exist. After all, if it worked for the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster…Read more...
02 Nov 2016
How a UK-based systems integration company WTS used its unique capabilities to build a new generation of OB truck that made the operators’ skills transferrable.Read more...
01 Nov 2016
Forty years ago, Garret Brown came up with an unwieldy looking invention that promised to provide silky smooth shots without the use of dollies. Still at the top of its game and blurring the lines between art and science four decades later, the Steadicam — and the Steadicam operator — was born.Read more...
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (7335) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 20 Nov 2016 - (7049) Pairing lenses with different mounts: What you need to know
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (6858) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Tuesday 22 Nov 2016 - (6424) Is DJI going to stop at just dominating the drone market?
- Friday 18 Nov 2016 - (5283) The Grand Tour: Amazon Prime changes the game on so many levels
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (359) Is there simply too much video on the internet?
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (2023) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (631) A quick look at Teradek’s Sphere 360 system [video]
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (909) YouTube intros 4K live streaming
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (2601) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Colour Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX