Products that featured high dynamic range capabilities, and the companies that made them, could be found throughout this year's NAB Show, but there's still more work to be done before HDR is a working reality for many productions.Read more...
26 Apr 2016
The Z-Camera E-1 was a head turner in miniature form at NAB and a successful Kickstarter project from 2015 that has made its way on to the showfloor with impressive speed.Read more...
With a dearth of new camera announcements at this NAB, some pundits have been underwhelmed with the show. But, dig a little deeper and you'll likely find news and products that are meaningful to film professionals.Read more...
24 Apr 2016
Replay: Following all the interest in our NAB story about the TERRA 6K, our first ever profile of China's Kinefinity from November last year. By Miguel Melo Queiroz.Read more...
In common with many companies at NAB 2016, ARRI didn’t have any single headline grabbing announcement, but upgrades to the ALEXA SXT and AMIRA, alongside two new lenses, were all worthy of serious attention.Read more...
While at the extreme high-end of things the Lytro Cinema System has been pointing to the death of greenscreen, in the world the rest of us will have to work in for a few years yet Ross Video’s new chroma key system looks very interesting.Read more...
20 Apr 2016
It’s probably fair to say that the Academy Color Encoding System has yet to set the industry on fire, but a move towards encompassing workflow could change that.Read more...
- Saturday 14 May 2016 - (20596) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20279) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (18977) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (12894) Five things a Colorist would like to say to a DP
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (10750) 7 Free Motion Design Assets for Video Editors [sponsored]
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (1096) Adobe to add native ProRes support to Windows software
- Thursday 26 May 2016 - (509) LEDs and the power to (battery) weight ratio
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (1529) Update on the sale of Sony Vegas to Magix (Further update: Sony's own statement).
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (793) Europe mulls quota on streaming content
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (3374) Sony sells Vegas and more to Magix
3D 4K 4K Camera 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD HDR iPhone lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX