07 Dec 2016
RedShark Review: Miller's ArrowX 3 (along with the rest of the ArrowX series) hearkens back to the days when a tripod could reasonably be expected to last decades, with a wide counterbalance range that should accommodate modern cameras large and small.Read more...
06 Dec 2016
While there are emerging standards for HDR, there are none yet for HDR live production. Happily, it looks like Sony has a workable solution.Read more...
06 Dec 2016
Nearly a year after initially putting down a deposit for a Scarlet-W, Rakesh Malik now finally has $30,000 worth of Epic-W in his hands and discovers that it could be the ideal mixed still and cinematography camera for anyone serious about either format.Read more...
03 Dec 2016
The band OK Go is known for pushing the creative envelope in its music videos, yet its most recent may be the most inspired to date.Read more...
02 Dec 2016
Opinion: Video killed the, er, video star. There's an overwhelming amount of video on the internet, but have we entered into a phase of viewer fatigue? And how will the current video usage trends impact future productions?Read more...
ENG cameras have changed a lot in the past few years and nothing exemplifies the new breed as much as Panasonic's recently announced HC-X1 4K/UHD ENG camera - a unit packed full of features and capabilities being released this month for a meagre $3199.Read more...
29 Nov 2016
‘It's your story: A filmmaker’s guide to better documentaries’ aims to explore the theory and practice of producing compelling images when it’s just you, your camera and your subject.Read more...
28 Nov 2016
A new YouTube video highlighting the low light performance of the Sony A99 II shows just what modern low light kit is capable of: the above video grab is from a scene lit by two candles and two candles alone.Read more...
- Tuesday 6 Dec 2016 - (14500) The RED Epic-W: the best dual purpose still/cinematography camera yet?
- Monday 28 Nov 2016 - (7967) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Sunday 27 Nov 2016 - (7193) RED’s radical Helium S35 8K sensor: the story so far
- Friday 2 Dec 2016 - (4154) The Panasonic HC-X1 - the new breed of ENG
- Thursday 1 Dec 2016 - (4032) Big Lightworks news: Version 14 public beta is released with a new User Interface
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (86) Imagineer ramps up mocha Pro features
- Thursday 8 Dec 2016 - (391) Learn Resolve editing from importing media to final delivery
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (518) Miller ArrowX 3 tripod on test: it's all a question of balance
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (1373) Sony FS7 II out and about in New York [footage]
- Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 - (440) Steerable lasers: is this how video projectors will work in the future?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC LED lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX