26 Jul 2016
A recent firmware update for Shogun and Ninja Assassin display/recorders by Atomos improves these products' ability to monitor HDR footage, even though they are not technically HDR units.Read more...
26 Jul 2016
Sports videography typically evokes high-end live broadcast systems at one extreme and compact budget ENGs at the other, yet there is an argument to be made for ditching the ubiquitous zoom for a high quality set of primes.Read more...
22 Jul 2016
With the new Star Trek movie debuting in the cinemas, Joe Foster boldly goes into the tangled and rather messy genesis of the first ever Trek and the series that almost never took off.Read more...
A week after releasing a firmware update for its Mark IV and Speedbooster Ultra EF mount to Sony E mount adapters, Metabones has released firmware update .52 which contains not just additional fixes but also an interesting change in default mode.Read more...
20 Jul 2016
Holdan’s Richard Payne provides a good run through of Panasonic’s new AG-AC30 and concludes that it’s “a wonderfully flexible little friend.” The footage looks decent too.Read more...
19 Jul 2016
Anyone who has ever nosed around the subject of astrophotography will be familiar with the facts that it’s both rather complex and potentially extremely expensive: the sort of hobby that can expand to fill your bank balance and then eat your overdraft quite easily. That could all change though with the $449 Tiny1.Read more...
19 Jul 2016
Simon Wyndham reviews the Panasonic AG-AC30, an entry level, £1500 1/3" 1080p camcorder with a very handy built-in LED light aimed at budding videographers, internet journalists and value-minded shooters.Read more...
18 Jul 2016
Here's a short, energetic video shot on the Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4.6K and the DJI Inspire X5R that delivers fireworks and "fun on the midway."Read more...
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (21856) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (15918) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (12949) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11180) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 - (7446) Infographic: The importance of ergonomics [Sponsored]
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (713) Blackmagic's Fusion 8.2 coming to Linux in both free and paid versions
- Wednesday 27 Jul 2016 - (1193) The fastest Nvidia GPU ever: the new Pascal-based Quadro P6000
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (994) Atomos firmware update brings HDR support to non-HDR displays
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1039) Shooting sports cinematically...with prime lenses
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1884) Is the standard lens just a myth?
3D 4K 4K Camera 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Colour Digital Bolex drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD HDR lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX