Post & VFX
It’s not available for all OS X machines, only the 4K and 5K iMacs and (perhaps) newer Mac Pros running compatible monitors, but it’s looking like El Capitain is now using 10-bit drivers to provide 30-bit RGB.Read more...
It's real. All of it: Mark Ramshaw on the cameras and software clues that are buried in the latest — and very much greatest — internet-melting Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer.Read more...
Our Blender expert, Gottfried Hofmann, recaps the numerous improvements of Blender 2.76.Read more...
Sometimes, the simplest solution is best, which is why we like Rampant Design's new Motion Graphics for Editors Version 2.Read more...
RE:Vision Effects has expanded the compatibility of its anti-flicker plugins to encompass OpenFX. Phil Rhodes comes away impressed.Read more...
In an effort to bring Lightworks up to "modern standards," Editshare has invigorated its nonlinear editor with a bevy of new features and a partnership with Boris FX.Read more...
RedShark Replay: Here's a fantastic article from renowned freelance colorist Warren Eagles, who shares five top tips that shed light on the dark art of color grading and the life of a colorist. By Matt Aindow. [Last published Dec 2014]Read more...
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (37639) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (24500) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8011) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6275) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Thursday 28 Jan 2016 - (5222) RedShark Review: Canon CN7x17 17-120mm zoom
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (1560) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (741) Stunning views of whales by drone
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (1148) Radio mics: the current state of the art
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (1570) Blackmagic releases new 1.2 Video Assist firmware
- Monday 8 Feb 2016 - (539) To tell stories in VR, we may first have to make games
3D 4K 4K Camera 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD iPhone lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic production ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX