Post & VFX
01 Aug 2016
Your video is only as great as the audio. Let’s take a look at a few of the most important audio editing tips to keep in mind when working on a video project.Read more...
RedShark Summer Replay: Star Wars rapidly creates its own mythology, and one of the main myths already surrounding The Force Awakens was that it was the long-awaiting triumphal return of practical effects. And it was, but only to an extent.Read more...
27 Jul 2016
Blackmagic has announced that Fusion 8.2 has arrived for the Linux platform, following the same tiered pricing model as the company's other film creativity and productivity software.Read more...
24 Jul 2016
Filmconvert recently posted a camera profile for Blackmagic Design's Ursa Mini 4.6K camera for its grading and film look product.Read more...
22 Jul 2016
Final Cut Pro X had been updating on a regular basis and then it just stopped. There are two reasons this happens at Apple: either it’s about to be killed off, or there is something new and better waiting in the wings. By Clayton Moore.Read more...
19 Jul 2016
Using the Universe 2 plugin Holomatrix II, among other software, Red Giant's Seth Worley delivers a micro-short starring BB-8, the diminutive droid that debuted in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.Read more...
11 Jul 2016
RedShark review: Is the CalDigit T4 an appropriate fit for editors and video professionals?Read more...
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (94511) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38835) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22509) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Saturday 8 Oct 2016 - (14866) The art of Colour Rendering
- Sunday 9 Oct 2016 - (6575) BenQ’s impressive PV3200PT UHD display reviewed
- Sunday 23 Oct 2016 - (585) A still image that is so beautiful: Antares rocket launch long exposure
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1506) What happens when you put a 1000W LED onto a drone?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1154) The end of shaky video?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1475) What Convergent has done with Titan shows the way to capturing all camera angles at once
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (5551) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX