Post & VFX
11 May 2017
Here's how to get a classic film look with the minimum of effortRead more...
09 May 2017
Colourisation (Colorization) has varying results. This effort (video below) is nothing short of amazing!Read more...
05 May 2017
AWAKE is an impressive enough minute-long slice of dystopian sci-fi, made all the more jaw-dropping when you realise it was done by one man, Phil Grishayev, on no money. Here, he explains how he did it.Read more...
28 Apr 2017
Dave Shapton talked to Evan Groenke, Product Manager Desktop Discrete Graphics, on the NAB 2017 showfloor about just how powerful the company's new Radeon Pro Duo graphics card is.Read more...
24 Apr 2017
Blackmagic claims that a complete back-end rewrite now means that the new Davinci Resolve 14 is up to 10 times faster than before. Not only that but, following the acquisition of Fairlight last year, it will also feature the full Fairlight audio engine.Read more...
22 Apr 2017
The first fruit of Pond5’s Global Partner Program is almost the definition of a win-win, and should see Adobe CC users gain access to an enhanced library of video clips, while clip creators themselves get to access a fecund global marketplace.Read more...
19 Apr 2017
Adobe has announced a significant update to the Creative Cloud suite. And rather than announcing updates which would then deliver later in the spring following NAB, these product updates are available immediately.Read more...
19 Apr 2017
You just shot your latest project in 4K. Now you need to edit it. That is, of course, where the fun really begins. But there is a solution to all the problems that may crop up. First of all though, let’s break down some of the requirements for your project: - You have some stock HD footage you want to…Read more...
- Tuesday 8 Aug 2017 - (11051) Why AMD’s Ryzen Threadripper is such a big deal
- Saturday 12 Aug 2017 - (10735) 11 things filmmakers need to consider about audio
- Thursday 3 Aug 2017 - (9697) Panasonic's 5.7K EVA1: full details here at last - and they were worth the wait!
- Friday 11 Aug 2017 - (6983) The Sony FS7 II: best in class
- Sunday 6 Aug 2017 - (6775) The Practical Guide to Lighting on a Budget - Part One
- Thursday 17 Aug 2017 - (134) Streamlining your workflow with metadata
- Thursday 17 Aug 2017 - (822) Are the fabled Processor Wars back again?
- Thursday 17 Aug 2017 - (1378) Struggling on a budget? Maybe there is a used camera bargain out there for you
- Wednesday 16 Aug 2017 - (529) A box with a lens: high level photography with low level equipment
- Wednesday 16 Aug 2017 - (466) Smoothing the workflow: Lesspain's Kyno receives major update
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video