Post & VFX
RedShark Summer Replay: Star Wars rapidly creates its own mythology, and one of the main myths already surrounding The Force Awakens was that it was the long-awaiting triumphal return of practical effects. And it was, but only to an extent.Read more...
27 Jul 2016
Blackmagic has announced that Fusion 8.2 has arrived for the Linux platform, following the same tiered pricing model as the company's other film creativity and productivity software.Read more...
24 Jul 2016
Filmconvert recently posted a camera profile for Blackmagic Design's Ursa Mini 4.6K camera for its grading and film look product.Read more...
22 Jul 2016
Final Cut Pro X had been updating on a regular basis and then it just stopped. There are two reasons this happens at Apple: either it’s about to be killed off, or there is something new and better waiting in the wings. By Clayton Moore.Read more...
19 Jul 2016
Using the Universe 2 plugin Holomatrix II, among other software, Red Giant's Seth Worley delivers a micro-short starring BB-8, the diminutive droid that debuted in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.Read more...
11 Jul 2016
RedShark review: Is the CalDigit T4 an appropriate fit for editors and video professionals?Read more...
05 Jul 2016
RedShark review: Automatic Duck's solution for making Motion a more useful tool in Final Cut Pro X workflows.Read more...
05 Jul 2016
There’s no better place to see and feel the exponential rate of progress in technology than a modern, state of the art VFX/CGI facility. London’s Soho is packed with them but only a select few can claim such prestigious and mind-bendingly complex projects as Cinesite.Read more...
04 Jul 2016
Craig Marshall wonders why this particular clip of Willie Nelson singing Gershwin's 'Summertime' looks and sounds quite so good.Read more...
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (22422) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (16101) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (13190) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11265) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Monday 18 Jul 2016 - (7259) Working with resolutions above 4K: We interview renowned cinematographer Shane Hurlbut, ASC
- Friday 29 Jul 2016 - (7167) Star Wars used more CGI than you thought
- Friday 29 Jul 2016 - (1339) The Joy of Parallax (or In Defence of Sliders)
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (1534) A high CRI tungsten-balanced LED that won't break the bank
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (1156) Why the world’s best movie theatre is often found at IBC in Amsterdam
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (1008) All about colour with Apocalypse Now cinematographer Vittorio Storaro
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Colour Digital Bolex drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD HDR LED lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX