Post & VFX
19 Feb 2017
RedShark Replay: Roland Denning profiles the way that technology has changed the editing process from the times when machines like the tape splicer above were cutting edge.Read more...
30 Jan 2017
In editing, as elsewhere, AI offers both intriguing possibilities and huge potential pitfalls. Perhaps though the biggest issue that we face is that AI editing is already here, and it is getting better and better all the time.Read more...
28 Jan 2017
Adopting a wide aspect ratio for our pictures, even when chucking pixels to do it, tricks our brains into perceiving quality.Read more...
19 Jan 2017
RedShark Review: MotionVFX's latest version of mHUD heads up display graphics plugin for FCP X.Read more...
Opinion: Final Cut Pro X might have driven swarms of editors into the arms of Apple’s rivals, but with FCPX 10.3 Apple finally delivered on the promise of the software and, if you edit, you owe it to yourself to leave your preconceptions at the door and check it out. By Khaled Spiewak.Read more...
09 Jan 2017
The most recent cinematic foray into the Star Wars universe resurrects Peter Cushing's Tarkin from the original films, but did the computer generated version of the beloved actor span the dreaded Uncanny Valley? By Joe Foster.Read more...
30 Dec 2016
And so we reach the end of our Top 10 countdown for the year, and it wasn't a camera story that nailed the top spot, it was back to post production and all things Mac-based. Or the future lack of them, as this article about facilities increasingly adopting PC-based systems, capped off by the recent introduction of the GTX 1080,…Read more...
29 Dec 2016
Our countdown hits the Top Three with proof that anything related to Final Cut Pro X is an incredibly popular - not to mention at times sensitive - topic out there. As Clayton Moore wrote in July, the software had been updating on a regular basis and then it just stopped. There are two reasons this happens at Apple: either it’s…Read more...
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16935) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12094) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7110) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5812) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5260) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (272) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (449) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1396) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1194) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1012) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video