Post & VFX
Opinion: Final Cut Pro X might have driven swarms of editors into the arms of Apple’s rivals, but with FCPX 10.3 Apple finally delivered on the promise of the software and, if you edit, you owe it to yourself to leave your preconceptions at the door and check it out. By Khaled Spiewak.Read more...
09 Jan 2017
The most recent cinematic foray into the Star Wars universe resurrects Peter Cushing's Tarkin from the original films, but did the computer generated version of the beloved actor span the dreaded Uncanny Valley? By Joe Foster.Read more...
30 Dec 2016
And so we reach the end of our Top 10 countdown for the year, and it wasn't a camera story that nailed the top spot, it was back to post production and all things Mac-based. Or the future lack of them, as this article about facilities increasingly adopting PC-based systems, capped off by the recent introduction of the GTX 1080,…Read more...
29 Dec 2016
Our countdown hits the Top Three with proof that anything related to Final Cut Pro X is an incredibly popular - not to mention at times sensitive - topic out there. As Clayton Moore wrote in July, the software had been updating on a regular basis and then it just stopped. There are two reasons this happens at Apple: either it’s…Read more...
28 Dec 2016
Into the top half of our Top Ten countdown and this opinion piece from Clayton Moore: Ahead of a significant Apple event on Thursday (this was back in October) he wondered how the company's wildly successful efforts in the consumer space could point to a future NLE resurgence and the rebirth of Final Cut Pro.Read more...
19 Dec 2016
In our last two articles (here and here) we’ve shown you how shared storage is the way to go. This time, we’re going to look at how setting up shared storage can be troublesome - but it doesn’t have to be with today’s smart shared storage products.Read more...
15 Dec 2016
The most recent update to Blackmagic's popular colour grading and editing software, Davinci Resolve, leverages the Touch Bar on the new Macbook Pro and brings other new features.Read more...
12 Dec 2016
Not everyone likes meetings, but getting a bunch of people together in a room with a whiteboard is an almost unbeatably effective way to share information. Everyone sees data and ideas at the same time, and there’s instant feedback. So why don't more editors do it?Read more...
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24467) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (16172) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (15292) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8988) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8213) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (208) Is it time for drastic changes to operating systems?
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (557) Impressive post stabilised footage from ReelSteady
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (433) Hedge Connect lets you check your offloads status
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (1458) Hive crowdfunds innovative high-tech LED light
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (2295) This might be the tipping point for 8K
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video