Post & VFX
25 Apr 2018
FTP used to be the main method for transferring media files, but in the modern age it can no longer be counted upon for speed and reliablity.Read more...
20 Apr 2018
8K takes huge amounts of resources to edit you say? Not if you edit using Lightworks it doesn't. Rakesh Malik tells all.Read more...
17 Apr 2018
If you've ever wanted to start your own NetFlix style streaming subscription service or need a way to stream live video easily, Vimeo had a number of services and products on show at this years NAB.Read more...
16 Apr 2018
Film isn't dead. It just needs a new digital life. Enter the Cintel Scanner 2 from Blackmagic Design. A 35mm film scanner that can scan 4K HDR files directly into Resolve 15.Read more...
11 Apr 2018
Deluxe is a name long associated with big budget movies. But now the company has a new service that will allow productions of all budgets to use its prost production workflow tools.Read more...
10 Apr 2018
Our NAB 2018 coverage continues apace with this interview with Frame.io Co-founder Emery Wells about the new features of the hugely popular client review and approval service.Read more...
09 Apr 2018
Following on from it’s recent upgrade announcement Frame.io has some further surprises for us with new macOS integration.Read more...
07 Apr 2018
RedShark Replay: Roland Denning profiles the way that technology has changed the editing process from the times when machines like the tape splicer above were cutting edge.Read more...
05 Apr 2018
With its inclusion of ProRes RAW, Apple has just announced what could be the most important update to Final Cut Pro X so far, and it could be industry changing.Read more...
- Saturday 21 Apr 2018 - (50243) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 14 Apr 2018 - (28467) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Wednesday 18 Apr 2018 - (12454) The Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K is very real indeed!
- Friday 20 Apr 2018 - (8542) Lightworks is so efficient you can edit 8K on a laptop!
- Wednesday 18 Apr 2018 - (8311) Is Resolve 15 now the ultimate "hero suite"?
- Thursday 26 Apr 2018 - (1404) The story of REDCODE: why it’s better now than it’s ever been
- Thursday 26 Apr 2018 - (918) VR in a web browser? It's already happening
- Wednesday 25 Apr 2018 - (2681) Some people complain about free software. We take a look at this surprising phenomenon
- Wednesday 25 Apr 2018 - (1052) Teradek's new video transmitters offer zero delay transmission over long distances
- Wednesday 25 Apr 2018 - (853) Slow, Stalled and Stuck Media Files? Why FTP is no longer the best solution [sponsored]
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video