Post & VFX
RedShark replay: The process of editing has progressed from the physical cutting and splicing of film to the infinite possibilities of computer based non-linear editing. Is it time to change how we do things?Read more...
17 Nov 2017
Monday saw the release of Resolve 14.1, an essential update that offers some significant improvements and additions to its capabilities.Read more...
30 Oct 2017
Apple is clearly trying hard to prove to professionals that they haven't been forgotten. The latest version of FCP X is further proof that it is still an important market segment for it.Read more...
30 Oct 2017
Free Week has become an annual tradition over at PremiumBeat, a provider of royalty free music. Here’s how it works: every day for five days, the team unveils a new downloadable video element via their blog. And the best part? As the name suggests, each asset is totally free!Read more...
Workflow management specialist Frame.io has just launched one of the most valuable giveaway competitions we've seen for a very long time, giving you the chance to win a spectacular $60,000 Frame.io Dreamstation.Read more...
24 Oct 2017
If you are one of the top tier film finishers or colourists, Autodesk has announced some interesting, and some would say essential, new updates to it's Flame suite of software.Read more...
MotionVFX have always had their finger on the pulse when it comes to creating useful plugins and effects. Erik Vlietinck has taken a look at mFlare 2, and is certain that it will give you your lens flare fix!Read more...
- Sunday 19 Nov 2017 - (22367) Is it time to change the rules of editing?
- Sunday 12 Nov 2017 - (15863) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Friday 10 Nov 2017 - (7068) Strange but true: Intel is putting AMD graphics cores into its processors
- Thursday 9 Nov 2017 - (6995) Amazing AI algorithm enhances photos with sci-fi like accuracy
- Tuesday 14 Nov 2017 - (6989) Can the iPhone X compete with a professional camera?
- Wednesday 22 Nov 2017 - (521) Vimeo pushes HDR and 8K in latest update
- Tuesday 21 Nov 2017 - (578) How many cameras should you take to Mars?
- Tuesday 21 Nov 2017 - (5955) iPhone X: The definitive review
- Tuesday 21 Nov 2017 - (1640) Filmmakers go wild with the 4.6K URSA Mini Pro
- Monday 20 Nov 2017 - (3072) Defining the look: How can cinematographers keep control of the look of their films?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video