12 Oct 2016
In film, soundtrack is just as important as visuals for telling the story – it helps to fully convey the intended emotion of a scene, establish continuity and add momentum.Read more...
10 Oct 2016
RedShark Review: If you enjoy listening to your music through a smartphone (or most other consumer audio devices), then the Mojo headphone amplifier may drastically improve the experience.Read more...
30 Sep 2016
The ever-active iZotope has just announced its new mixing plug-in, Neutron, which will be available from October 5 and features a couple of intriguing-sounding industry firsts.Read more...
17 Aug 2016
We’ve had an exclusive first look at a new case study microphone manufacturer DPA has produced about UK game developer Codemasters' use of their mics. And the attention to detail is astonishing.Read more...
14 Aug 2016
RedShark Review: The Eclipse TD-M1 computer speaker set, a winning combination of design and sound quality that more than justifies their £800 price tag and would be at home in any edit suite.Read more...
Replay: A microphone is a simple component that transforms acoustical energy into electrical energy. However, there is a lot to gain if you select the right microphone for the job. Eddy B. Brixen of DPA Microphones explains.Read more...
11 May 2016
Over on our sister site, RedShark Sound, we have been running a series of studio profiles. in this installment, we take a look at Rockfield Studios, where some all-time iconic songs such as Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody were recorded. By Jim Evans.Read more...
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (93642) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38633) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22394) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Saturday 8 Oct 2016 - (14769) The art of Colour Rendering
- Friday 7 Oct 2016 - (8686) The impressive new Sony a6500 raises the sub-$1500 mirrorless bar
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (406) The end of shaky video?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (882) What Convergent has done with Titan shows the way to capturing all camera angles at once
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (3879) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (1629) Sigma Cine Lenses now shipping
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (1457) 8K is part of the journey, not the destination
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Colour Digital Bolex drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX