19 Jul 2017
Audio is a vital part of any video production, but not everyone knows exactly how important it can be. Because the right Sound Effects (SFX) and the right music can actually make your project look better.Read more...
10 Jul 2017
Genelec's three-way coaxial 8351 studio monitor has been joined by the 8331 and 8341 to create a complete compact coaxial range. The company calls the series “The Ones”, with the two newly introduced monitors claimed to be the smallest available on today’s market.Read more...
RedShark Review: Phil Rhodes takes the opportunity of looking at DPA Microphones' new SCM0013-B lavalier clip to look at some radio mic gear and examine some of the choices that exist in the current market, especially at the high end.Read more...
15 May 2017
Last month to comparatively little fanfare, the developer of the mp3 codec, Fraunhofer IIS, announced that it was pulling the plug on the format after two decades at the front of audio compression.Read more...
26 Apr 2017
Dave Shapton interviews Evan Allen from iZotope and finds that machine learning has been instrumental in developing several of the new modules in its latest RX 6 audio post software.Read more...
02 Feb 2017
Five years after it first appeared in cinemas, Dolby Atmos, a key component of the UHD future, is slowly edging into the world of live broadcast television, as this week’s soccer broadcast by BT Sport in the UK proved. By Matt Gregory, RedShark Staff WriterRead more...
- Saturday 15 Jul 2017 - (20583) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Tuesday 18 Jul 2017 - (11413) The real purpose of the RED Hydrogen smartphone
- Saturday 22 Jul 2017 - (11137) Steadicam: The device that changed filmmaking forever
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (9131) Samsung launches HDR LED cinema screen
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (8351) Why the Moon landing was not a hoax filmed in slow motion
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (543) Nikon celebrates 100th birthday by announcing the Nikon D850
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (2726) Canon’s CN-E 18-80mm: a lot of lens for the money
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (962) Filmmakers love retro lenses... how about retro cameras?
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1791) Sony FS5 update adds ability to change minimum ISO and more
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1936) Are we at the tipping point where flash memory is the new normal?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video