One thing that anyone who works in audio values is a good control surface, and that's just what the now shipping Sound Devices CL-12 provides.Read more...
After an intensive development programme, iZotope has just released its RX Post Production Suite and a new version of its well-regarded RX 5 Audio Editor.Read more...
Kiwi Digital has just unveiled the commercial version of its VoiceQ ADR and dubbing tool, which pulls the rythmo band into the digital age.Read more...
RedShark Summer Replay: Recently there's been a resurgence in sales of vinyl records. We don't really know why. And we think we can prove that vinyl isn't better than digital. Here's how.Read more...
How do you get a big-speaker sound out of a small one? Like this:Read more...
The iPhone's Lightning port is much more than a charging and headphone socket. You can use it to get high quality digital audio in to your phone. Sennheiser has taken advantage of this to make a very high quality microphone with an A/D converter - ideal for making voice-overs and pieces to camera out in the field.Read more...
This is an older RedShark article that we're republishing today, because it doesn't matter how many times we see this demo of Melodyne: it's simply amazing, and that's because this is something that isn't supposed to be possibleRead more...
Phil Rhodes, our Technical Editor, may incur the wrath of audiophiles and engineers with thie idea that "the audio equipment world has it fairly easy," but he draws intriguing parallels between audio and camera equipment development, which may be instructive for manufacturers.Read more...
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30065) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21132) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17955) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13629) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10190) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (328) Don't make plans for 30 years ahead!
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (940) How to colour correct on unsuitable monitors
- Thursday 26 Nov 2015 - (9558) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part two: using SSDs
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1480) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (967) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
3D 4K 8K Alexa Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film gh4 GoPro Grading HD iPhone lenses Lightworks Mac Pro NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony Sony A7s SSD Thunderbolt UHD VFX