They only had one chance at a take. The BBC's news item about a recent experimental recording of an orchestral piece direct to vinyl shows just how affectionately we still view the medium. But did it offer any advantages over digital, and did it prove anything?Read more...
14 Sep 2017
RedShark Review: While collaborative workflows for video have received a lot of attention in recent years, musicians have not had the same attention paid to their needs. Until now.Read more...
19 Jul 2017
Audio is a vital part of any video production, but not everyone knows exactly how important it can be. Because the right Sound Effects (SFX) and the right music can actually make your project look better.Read more...
10 Jul 2017
Genelec's three-way coaxial 8351 studio monitor has been joined by the 8331 and 8341 to create a complete compact coaxial range. The company calls the series “The Ones”, with the two newly introduced monitors claimed to be the smallest available on today’s market.Read more...
RedShark Review: Phil Rhodes takes the opportunity of looking at DPA Microphones' new SCM0013-B lavalier clip to look at some radio mic gear and examine some of the choices that exist in the current market, especially at the high end.Read more...
15 May 2017
Last month to comparatively little fanfare, the developer of the mp3 codec, Fraunhofer IIS, announced that it was pulling the plug on the format after two decades at the front of audio compression.Read more...
26 Apr 2017
Dave Shapton interviews Evan Allen from iZotope and finds that machine learning has been instrumental in developing several of the new modules in its latest RX 6 audio post software.Read more...
- Saturday 14 Oct 2017 - (263495) FPGAs: the processing miracle in our video tech
- Friday 13 Oct 2017 - (10136) Blade Runner 2049 is a cinematic masterpiece - Here's why
- Friday 6 Oct 2017 - (8274) RED surprises everyone with a new full-frame 8K sensor: meet Monstro 8K VV
- Tuesday 10 Oct 2017 - (4885) In the future you may be able to print your own camera
- Friday 6 Oct 2017 - (3959) The return of vintage lenses and uncoated optics
- Tuesday 17 Oct 2017 - (199) CalDigit AV Pro 2 is a neat storage and connectivity hub
- Tuesday 17 Oct 2017 - (1045) Why the Pimax 8K headset could be a future game changer
- Tuesday 17 Oct 2017 - (2812) The remarkable robots that are transforming filmmaking
- Monday 16 Oct 2017 - (583) Tilta cage for a Red DSMC2 cameras has great potential: first impressions
- Monday 16 Oct 2017 - (2635) One giant leap for hard disk capacity
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video