21 Jul 2017
NewTek's NDI is being seen increasingly as the de facto standard for live video production, and evidence of the take-up is mounting. Here’s just one, significant, example.Read more...
12 Jun 2017
Newtek’s IP-Series production system was used by the UK’s Digital Tree Media when it was charged to run the Minecraft Zone at last year’s Insomnia 60.Read more...
24 Apr 2017
RedShark News talked to NewTek just ahead of NAB for a status report on its Network Device Interface. With the industry rapidly collapsing around an SPMTE standards-based approach to IP, where does NDI fit in? In quite a lot of places it turns out.Read more...
20 Mar 2017
There are dozens of reasons why video over IP is an important new technology, but one of the biggest is sometimes completely overlooked. It’s virtualisation. It sounds abstract, but it’s very easy to understand. And it’s a vitally important reason to choose IP as your next video infrastructure.Read more...
28 Feb 2017
How wandering around a tradeshow outside of your comfort zone makes you realise the directions your own industry is taking.Read more...
28 Feb 2017
RedShark Review: Blackmagic’s recent unveiling of a trio of TV switching, recording and streaming products was exactly the sort of pulling the rug from under the rest of the industry announcement that the company specialises in. And happily their real world performance matches their impressive spec.Read more...
26 Jan 2017
The trend towards faster networks and bigger capacity means that the move to Video over IP is inevitable. And it will bring very significant benefits.Read more...
26 Jan 2017
While Netflix may now be big enough not to care, the deal on net neutrality that we all assumed had stopped the issue being used as a political football is looking under severe threat as the incoming Trump presidency chooses a free market champion as the new head of the FCC.Read more...
19 Jan 2017
The first iPhone was announced ten years ago and the world has been a different place ever since. This is not just because it was a radically new and different type of phone. The iPhone seemed like science fiction: something that shouldn’t have happened for years into the future.Read more...
09 Jan 2017
In a first for the industry, MediaDS enables multi-channel distribution delivered directly from venue to viewers.Read more...
- Sunday 18 Mar 2018 - (34638) This may be the most important lesson about colour you'll ever see
- Sunday 11 Mar 2018 - (31178) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (28193) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Wednesday 21 Mar 2018 - (22909) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Wednesday 21 Mar 2018 - (7204) AI can make photos fake in a way that Photoshop never could. And it may take all of us by surprise.
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (287) Why multicam is possibly the best way to shoot drama
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (735) Freedom of movement will create the ultimate VR experiences
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (1359) This could be the best way to get top software without destroying your bank account!
- Thursday 22 Mar 2018 - (1172) How to create wonderful natural looking light for a corporate shoot [Video]
- Thursday 22 Mar 2018 - (2791) A total revolution in processor design is just around the corner
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video