21 Jul 2017
NewTek's NDI is being seen increasingly as the de facto standard for live video production, and evidence of the take-up is mounting. Here’s just one, significant, example.Read more...
12 Jun 2017
Newtek’s IP-Series production system was used by the UK’s Digital Tree Media when it was charged to run the Minecraft Zone at last year’s Insomnia 60.Read more...
24 Apr 2017
RedShark News talked to NewTek just ahead of NAB for a status report on its Network Device Interface. With the industry rapidly collapsing around an SPMTE standards-based approach to IP, where does NDI fit in? In quite a lot of places it turns out.Read more...
20 Mar 2017
There are dozens of reasons why video over IP is an important new technology, but one of the biggest is sometimes completely overlooked. It’s virtualisation. It sounds abstract, but it’s very easy to understand. And it’s a vitally important reason to choose IP as your next video infrastructure.Read more...
28 Feb 2017
How wandering around a tradeshow outside of your comfort zone makes you realise the directions your own industry is taking.Read more...
28 Feb 2017
RedShark Review: Blackmagic’s recent unveiling of a trio of TV switching, recording and streaming products was exactly the sort of pulling the rug from under the rest of the industry announcement that the company specialises in. And happily their real world performance matches their impressive spec.Read more...
26 Jan 2017
The trend towards faster networks and bigger capacity means that the move to Video over IP is inevitable. And it will bring very significant benefits.Read more...
26 Jan 2017
While Netflix may now be big enough not to care, the deal on net neutrality that we all assumed had stopped the issue being used as a political football is looking under severe threat as the incoming Trump presidency chooses a free market champion as the new head of the FCC.Read more...
19 Jan 2017
The first iPhone was announced ten years ago and the world has been a different place ever since. This is not just because it was a radically new and different type of phone. The iPhone seemed like science fiction: something that shouldn’t have happened for years into the future.Read more...
09 Jan 2017
In a first for the industry, MediaDS enables multi-channel distribution delivered directly from venue to viewers.Read more...
- Saturday 16 Jun 2018 - (54927) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (6724) Kinefinity MAVO: everything you need to know
- Wednesday 13 Jun 2018 - (5732) Here is a greatly simplified explanation of Raw and Log video
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (5697) You can now do full professional editing on an iPhone or iPad. Here's our review
- Friday 8 Jun 2018 - (5226) CGI face manipulation has reached a frightening level of realism
- Wednesday 20 Jun 2018 - (324) Working from home is a great idea. Until it isn't
- Wednesday 20 Jun 2018 - (657) Bright Tangerine makes a matte box so light weight that it fits on a drone
- Wednesday 20 Jun 2018 - (1143) You can now mount S35 lenses on a full-frame camera thanks to Fujifilm
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (1419) Adobe's dramatic new NLE strategy for the social media era
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (1223) Atomos makes the advantages of ProRes RAW clear
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video