Studio & Broadcast
24 May 2016
Sony has debuted a new type of LED screen that aims to expand the colour gamut and and dynamic range of large video installations, even as resolutions reach 8K and beyond.Read more...
17 May 2016
Blackmagic Designs’ Intensity Shuttle has been available for a few years now, but, with an open and extensible SDK, is a fine example of a product that has been made still relevant for modern video production. By Iain Churchill-Coleman.Read more...
12 May 2016
Peter Haas takes a closer look at one of the sleeper hits of NAB 2016, Blackmagic Design's Duplicator 4K.Read more...
16 Mar 2016
In more remote parts of the world outside of the urban centres, measures must be taken to ensure consistent power.Read more...
11 Mar 2016
We profile a hot new short made with Blackmagic kit that's raised some intriguing questions about our own rules concerning what we will and will not publish.Read more...
24 Feb 2016
The BBC’s Planet Earth was one of the most influential programmes in the history of television and was a huge influence on the uptake of HD sets and services when it first transmitted in 2006. Can the sequel have the same effect with 4K?Read more...
04 Feb 2016
It’s powerful, it’s technically advanced, and it could possibly even be introducing 4K by satellite by the end of the year. Say hello to Sky Q: the future of TV…at a price.Read more...
02 Feb 2016
LG has been investing a lot of money into successfully commercialising OLED screens lately, and now it’s starting to ramp up the effort of letting people know how impressive they are.Read more...
- Sunday 5 Nov 2017 - (23048) One technique to improve your edits
- Sunday 12 Nov 2017 - (15593) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Friday 10 Nov 2017 - (6788) Strange but true: Intel is putting AMD graphics cores into its processors
- Thursday 9 Nov 2017 - (6733) Amazing AI algorithm enhances photos with sci-fi like accuracy
- Tuesday 14 Nov 2017 - (6496) Can the iPhone X compete with a professional camera?
- Saturday 18 Nov 2017 - (351) Do we still need physical media?
- Friday 17 Nov 2017 - (1993) DaVinci Resolve 14.1 - new point update packs in a huge number of improvements
- Friday 17 Nov 2017 - (1510) How artificial intelligence works - part 1
- Friday 17 Nov 2017 - (1649) New AI systems generate digital clouds that are indistinguishable from reality
- Thursday 16 Nov 2017 - (1486) DeckLink 8K Pro: Blackmagic leads the way for 8K mass adoption
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video