Studio & Broadcast
07 Feb 2016
RedShark Replay: Guest author John Clark of Berlin Picture Company explores why there's so little consistency of colour across broadcast platforms and what the industry may need to remedy the problem.Read more...
04 Feb 2016
It’s powerful, it’s technically advanced, and it could possibly even be introducing 4K by satellite by the end of the year. Say hello to Sky Q: the future of TV…at a price.Read more...
02 Feb 2016
LG has been investing a lot of money into successfully commercialising OLED screens lately, and now it’s starting to ramp up the effort of letting people know how impressive they are.Read more...
11 Jan 2016
RedShark's 3rd TV Show features "the world's fastest PC workstation", and we talk to NewTek about how you can make state-of-the-art live TV for the price of a small family sedan.Read more...
10 Jan 2016
Over the Christmas period in the UK, Downton Abbey beat EastEnders in the ratings, which could be seen as an indicator of what style of production both UK and American audiences prefer.Read more...
In a bid to bypass the sort of consumer confusion that bedevilled the launch of HD and 3D TV sets, the 35-strong UHD Alliance has unveiled a logo that can be slapped on to all devices that meet a certain minimum spec.Read more...
20 Dec 2015
I recently had a tip-off from a TV manufacturer that it is going to launch some new models at NAB. A key feature of these new sets will be High Dynamic Range (HDR). I’m not completely surprised by this because at the point where everyone else is doing, well, everything, it’s getting harder to make your products stand out.Read more...
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24467) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (16165) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (15292) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8988) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8213) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (205) Is it time for drastic changes to operating systems?
- Wednesday 18 Jan 2017 - (556) Impressive post stabilised footage from ReelSteady
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (433) Hedge Connect lets you check your offloads status
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (1457) Hive crowdfunds innovative high-tech LED light
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (2295) This might be the tipping point for 8K
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video