Studio & Broadcast
We revisit one of our favorites, a dandypunk, to see what new creative heights he's reached with his unique blend of animation, projection mapping, and performance.Read more...
RedShark Technical Editor Phil Rhodes lifts the veil on Dolby Vision, a revolutionary high dynamic range display system that could change how films are made and shown.Read more...
Guest author Neal Romanek examines UK's switch-over from tape to one standard file format, DPP AS-11, and how it challenges the broadcast industry at home and abroad.Read more...
One of the main stories to emerge from IFA 2014 is that the final specs of the Blu-ray 4K format will be completed by Q3 2015, with the first titles and players hitting the market in the run up to Christmas 2015 soon afterwards.Read more...
According to reports from Japan, the government has decided to bring forward the date for trial 4K and 8K broadcasts from 2020 to 2016 to coincide with the Rio Olympics. A full 4K satellite broadcast service is now slated to start in 2018, just in time for the next FIFA World Cup.Read more...
Don't discard the footage you don't use in your main show. Follow these guidelines and you can create new material from a single programmeRead more...
- Sunday 27 Sep 2015 - (47550) Five top tips for colorists
- Wednesday 30 Sep 2015 - (13954) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Friday 25 Sep 2015 - (12512) Full details of the new RED Raven
- Thursday 24 Sep 2015 - (11606) World's fastest video codec can handle 16K
- Tuesday 29 Sep 2015 - (9265) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (328) IZotope releases upgraded RX 5 Audio Editor and RX Post Production Suite
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (757) Cameras: Tests and spec sheets don’t give you the whole picture
- Thursday 8 Oct 2015 - (966) Sony splits off image sensor business
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (910) Roku 4 brings 4K streaming for $129 into your living room
- Wednesday 7 Oct 2015 - (1213) RE:Vison Effects anti-flicker plugins now available for Nuke, Fusion and other OpenFX hosts
3D 4K 8K Alexa Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film gh4 GoPro HD iPhone lenses Lightworks Mac Pro NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony Sony A7s SSD Thunderbolt UHD VFX