Studio & Broadcast
11 Mar 2016
We profile a hot new short made with Blackmagic kit that's raised some intriguing questions about our own rules concerning what we will and will not publish.Read more...
24 Feb 2016
The BBC’s Planet Earth was one of the most influential programmes in the history of television and was a huge influence on the uptake of HD sets and services when it first transmitted in 2006. Can the sequel have the same effect with 4K?Read more...
07 Feb 2016
RedShark Replay: Guest author John Clark of Berlin Picture Company explores why there's so little consistency of colour across broadcast platforms and what the industry may need to remedy the problem.Read more...
04 Feb 2016
It’s powerful, it’s technically advanced, and it could possibly even be introducing 4K by satellite by the end of the year. Say hello to Sky Q: the future of TV…at a price.Read more...
02 Feb 2016
LG has been investing a lot of money into successfully commercialising OLED screens lately, and now it’s starting to ramp up the effort of letting people know how impressive they are.Read more...
11 Jan 2016
RedShark's 3rd TV Show features "the world's fastest PC workstation", and we talk to NewTek about how you can make state-of-the-art live TV for the price of a small family sedan.Read more...
10 Jan 2016
Over the Christmas period in the UK, Downton Abbey beat EastEnders in the ratings, which could be seen as an indicator of what style of production both UK and American audiences prefer.Read more...
In a bid to bypass the sort of consumer confusion that bedevilled the launch of HD and 3D TV sets, the 35-strong UHD Alliance has unveiled a logo that can be slapped on to all devices that meet a certain minimum spec.Read more...
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17728) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12229) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5985) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5929) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5474) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (374) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (495) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1029) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1102) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1004) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video