Studio & Broadcast
30 Sep 2015
Sony Professional now has a new resource to broadcast Sony 4K news, tips and curated playlists of user videos shot on Sony cameras.Read more...
12 Sep 2015
4K TV dealers are perhaps about to get their most powerful sales tool yet: an ambient video channel designed to highlight high quality, high beauty images from the space programme. Meanwhile 8K approaches launch.Read more...
30 Aug 2015
Datavideo has a new switcher that may take the role of the vision mixer away from the set. By Richard PayneRead more...
24 Jul 2015
Is it harder for women to succeed - or even exist at all - in the broadcasting industry? Neil Roberts from Forscene leads the debate.Read more...
06 Jul 2015
Here's a short video showing how we built a virtual studio - all based on the TriCaster Mini.Read more...
25 Jun 2015
8K? 4K? HD? No. This is the only contemporary film to have been downgraded to VHS quality to give it that oh-so-smooth '80s look. And it's a masterpiece.Read more...
22 Jun 2015
Getting a "look" right is traditionally thought of as something you do in post. And you definitely wouldn't expect a quite strong look to be applied to a multi camera live TV shoot. But that's exactly what the BBC has done in this performance from Jool's Holland's "Later... with Jool's Holland" from BBC 2 on 19th May 2015Read more...
14 Jun 2015
Another chance to read Serge Golikov's excellent article on the the often-confusing matter of aspect ratios, letterboxing, and pillarboxing, giving RedShark readers a lesson of cinematic rectangles (in rectangles).Read more...
29 May 2015
One of the fastest expanding areas of our industry is corporate video. Now more often called "video communication", it's a great way to get your video skills used and paid for. Here's a TV programme we made about it.Read more...
- Saturday 18 Jun 2016 - (28481) This is how good Canon’s low light camera is
- Saturday 25 Jun 2016 - (12102) Microphones for Video: What you need to know
- Tuesday 28 Jun 2016 - (9782) 8K video will be the new Still Photography
- Tuesday 21 Jun 2016 - (7993) The Great Monitoring Dilemma: how to preserve picture quality for the DIY filmmaker
- Friday 17 Jun 2016 - (6854) Sony's excellent new RX10 III balances price and performance
- Thursday 30 Jun 2016 - (247) RedShark Review: Trost Motion Sliders
- Thursday 30 Jun 2016 - (923) Unity pushes realtime rendering to the jaw-dropping limit
- Thursday 30 Jun 2016 - (932) Red Giant unleashes Universe 2.0
- Wednesday 29 Jun 2016 - (878) Autodesk to offer Industry Collections
- Wednesday 29 Jun 2016 - (1114) The modern version of offline and online
3D 4K 4K Camera 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD HDR iPhone lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX