Studio & Broadcast
16 Mar 2016
In more remote parts of the world outside of the urban centres, measures must be taken to ensure consistent power.Read more...
11 Mar 2016
We profile a hot new short made with Blackmagic kit that's raised some intriguing questions about our own rules concerning what we will and will not publish.Read more...
24 Feb 2016
The BBC’s Planet Earth was one of the most influential programmes in the history of television and was a huge influence on the uptake of HD sets and services when it first transmitted in 2006. Can the sequel have the same effect with 4K?Read more...
07 Feb 2016
RedShark Replay: Guest author John Clark of Berlin Picture Company explores why there's so little consistency of colour across broadcast platforms and what the industry may need to remedy the problem.Read more...
04 Feb 2016
It’s powerful, it’s technically advanced, and it could possibly even be introducing 4K by satellite by the end of the year. Say hello to Sky Q: the future of TV…at a price.Read more...
02 Feb 2016
LG has been investing a lot of money into successfully commercialising OLED screens lately, and now it’s starting to ramp up the effort of letting people know how impressive they are.Read more...
11 Jan 2016
RedShark's 3rd TV Show features "the world's fastest PC workstation", and we talk to NewTek about how you can make state-of-the-art live TV for the price of a small family sedan.Read more...
10 Jan 2016
Over the Christmas period in the UK, Downton Abbey beat EastEnders in the ratings, which could be seen as an indicator of what style of production both UK and American audiences prefer.Read more...
In a bid to bypass the sort of consumer confusion that bedevilled the launch of HD and 3D TV sets, the 35-strong UHD Alliance has unveiled a logo that can be slapped on to all devices that meet a certain minimum spec.Read more...
- Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 - (14080) How to get MacBook performance for less
- Sunday 19 Mar 2017 - (13791) Why you should use prime lenses
- Tuesday 28 Mar 2017 - (11175) AMD’s Revolutionary Ryzen: Is this the chip to make you move from Intel?
- Friday 17 Mar 2017 - (10480) It’s a kinda magic… The Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro review
- Thursday 23 Mar 2017 - (6907) New HDR Ninja Inferno breaks the $1000 barrier
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (60) iClone 7 now supports ARRI, RED and Canon camera Looks
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (771) Sony highlights flagship system camera HDC-4800 at CABSAT [video]
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (1254) The four things you need to shoot tethered
- Wednesday 29 Mar 2017 - (1033) Rampant Design releases new tools for Premiere Pro
- Wednesday 29 Mar 2017 - (4902) AMD's forthcoming Radeon RX Vega: greater GPU power at lower cost?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video