Studio & Broadcast
30 Sep 2015
Sony Professional now has a new resource to broadcast Sony 4K news, tips and curated playlists of user videos shot on Sony cameras.Read more...
12 Sep 2015
4K TV dealers are perhaps about to get their most powerful sales tool yet: an ambient video channel designed to highlight high quality, high beauty images from the space programme. Meanwhile 8K approaches launch.Read more...
30 Aug 2015
Datavideo has a new switcher that may take the role of the vision mixer away from the set. By Richard PayneRead more...
24 Jul 2015
Is it harder for women to succeed - or even exist at all - in the broadcasting industry? Neil Roberts from Forscene leads the debate.Read more...
06 Jul 2015
Here's a short video showing how we built a virtual studio - all based on the TriCaster Mini.Read more...
25 Jun 2015
8K? 4K? HD? No. This is the only contemporary film to have been downgraded to VHS quality to give it that oh-so-smooth '80s look. And it's a masterpiece.Read more...
22 Jun 2015
Getting a "look" right is traditionally thought of as something you do in post. And you definitely wouldn't expect a quite strong look to be applied to a multi camera live TV shoot. But that's exactly what the BBC has done in this performance from Jool's Holland's "Later... with Jool's Holland" from BBC 2 on 19th May 2015Read more...
14 Jun 2015
Another chance to read Serge Golikov's excellent article on the the often-confusing matter of aspect ratios, letterboxing, and pillarboxing, giving RedShark readers a lesson of cinematic rectangles (in rectangles).Read more...
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (21204) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (15793) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (12855) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11134) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Wednesday 13 Jul 2016 - (7302) Infographic: The importance of ergonomics [Sponsored]
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (405) Shooting sports cinematically...with prime lenses
- Tuesday 26 Jul 2016 - (1270) Is the standard lens just a myth?
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (667) How cloud-based production embraces the human element [Sponsored]
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (3654) Nvidia’s new GTX Titan X: the home-brew DaVinci grading suite just became even easier and cheaper
- Monday 25 Jul 2016 - (3622) IBC2016 updates from Canon, Cooke & more
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Colour Digital Bolex drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD HDR lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX