Studio & Broadcast
20 Dec 2015
I recently had a tip-off from a TV manufacturer that it is going to launch some new models at NAB. A key feature of these new sets will be High Dynamic Range (HDR). I’m not completely surprised by this because at the point where everyone else is doing, well, everything, it’s getting harder to make your products stand out.Read more...
30 Sep 2015
Sony Professional now has a new resource to broadcast Sony 4K news, tips and curated playlists of user videos shot on Sony cameras.Read more...
12 Sep 2015
4K TV dealers are perhaps about to get their most powerful sales tool yet: an ambient video channel designed to highlight high quality, high beauty images from the space programme. Meanwhile 8K approaches launch.Read more...
30 Aug 2015
Datavideo has a new switcher that may take the role of the vision mixer away from the set. By Richard PayneRead more...
24 Jul 2015
Is it harder for women to succeed - or even exist at all - in the broadcasting industry? Neil Roberts from Forscene leads the debate.Read more...
06 Jul 2015
Here's a short video showing how we built a virtual studio - all based on the TriCaster Mini.Read more...
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (92230) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38529) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22340) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Saturday 8 Oct 2016 - (14713) The art of Colour Rendering
- Friday 7 Oct 2016 - (8627) The impressive new Sony a6500 raises the sub-$1500 mirrorless bar
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (233) What Convergent has done with Titan shows the way to capturing all camera angles at once
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (943) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (1096) Sigma Cine Lenses now shipping
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (913) 8K is part of the journey, not the destination
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (650) Enter Halloween Contest, Win Oculus Rift! [sponsored]
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX