Studio & Broadcast
16 Mar 2016
In more remote parts of the world outside of the urban centres, measures must be taken to ensure consistent power.Read more...
11 Mar 2016
We profile a hot new short made with Blackmagic kit that's raised some intriguing questions about our own rules concerning what we will and will not publish.Read more...
24 Feb 2016
The BBC’s Planet Earth was one of the most influential programmes in the history of television and was a huge influence on the uptake of HD sets and services when it first transmitted in 2006. Can the sequel have the same effect with 4K?Read more...
04 Feb 2016
It’s powerful, it’s technically advanced, and it could possibly even be introducing 4K by satellite by the end of the year. Say hello to Sky Q: the future of TV…at a price.Read more...
02 Feb 2016
LG has been investing a lot of money into successfully commercialising OLED screens lately, and now it’s starting to ramp up the effort of letting people know how impressive they are.Read more...
11 Jan 2016
RedShark's 3rd TV Show features "the world's fastest PC workstation", and we talk to NewTek about how you can make state-of-the-art live TV for the price of a small family sedan.Read more...
10 Jan 2016
Over the Christmas period in the UK, Downton Abbey beat EastEnders in the ratings, which could be seen as an indicator of what style of production both UK and American audiences prefer.Read more...
In a bid to bypass the sort of consumer confusion that bedevilled the launch of HD and 3D TV sets, the 35-strong UHD Alliance has unveiled a logo that can be slapped on to all devices that meet a certain minimum spec.Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47825) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8687) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (8018) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (7155) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Sunday 17 Sep 2017 - (5452) Panasonic updates us on the amazing AU-EVA1 camcorder plus new footage [Video]
- Saturday 23 Sep 2017 - (687) How to travel with your drone
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (1251) Remembering Final Cut Pro 7 - the end of an era
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (1043) Atomos Sumo monitors to receive new capabilities with firmware updates [Video]
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (1329) IBC 2017 - Have manufacturers stopped playing the numbers game?
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (4801) First footage from the new Sony CineAlta VENICE
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video