Studio & Broadcast
For a new technology that looks set to be deployed without any damaging format wars, there is still plenty of confusion regarding HDR standards and what you should be looking for when thinking of purchasing a new TV set. Here’s the information you need.Read more...
05 Mar 2017
RedShark Replay: In case you think some of the announcements we hear nowadays are game-changing, here's a look back at a truly groundbreaking one from 61 years ago that changed broadcast television forever. And that's no hype. By Phillip Moss.Read more...
06 Feb 2017
The new TV switching, recording and streaming suite of products announced today by Blackmagic are both an evolution and a significant upgrade — and there's one brand new category of product altogether. David Shapton reports.Read more...
02 Feb 2017
Last Friday, we staged our first live show. We wanted to tell you what we learned from it. Brief summary: a lot. There are reasons why so many jobs in broadcasting are highly skilled and considered mission critical.Read more...
09 Jan 2017
Amid all the usual hoopla about wacky gadgets — this year being AI toothbrushes, robotic cushion cleaners and walk around VR — you can rest assured that the old product category of TVs is where the largest manufacturers are putting most of their marketing and R&D. These were the CES 2017 highlights.Read more...
03 Jan 2017
I’ve spent Christmas in a 4K winter wonderland. Well, that's overstating it a bit, perhaps, but with a Dell 32" 4K monitor on my desk and a 75" Sony 4K HDR set to play with, it's been by far the best chance I've ever had to spend some quality time in front of all those pixels.Read more...
31 Dec 2016
Back to the future: While much of the industry concentrates on getting better quality pixels onto better quality screens, the immediacy of live TV is proving attractive to advertisers searching to grab eyeballs. How attractive? Try 18 locations in one 60-second commercial.Read more...
19 Dec 2016
When the UK experienced the biggest explosion in peacetime at the Buncefield Oil Depot in Hemel Hempstead, I was right there, and I had absolutely no idea what was going on. Nor did the rest of the country.Read more...
06 Dec 2016
One of the unforseen problems for many people when buying a very big TV is that, if you don’t have a good video source, then the pictures can look awful. And network television is not always a good video source.Read more...
- Sunday 19 Mar 2017 - (13399) Why you should use prime lenses
- Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 - (13155) How to get MacBook performance for less
- Friday 10 Mar 2017 - (9728) What Pro Mac users really want is just a simple, powerful box
- Friday 17 Mar 2017 - (9678) It’s a kinda magic… The Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro review
- Saturday 11 Mar 2017 - (9019) The long-term storage to end all long-term storage
- Saturday 25 Mar 2017 - (210) New Sony Digital Filter app emulates ND filter
- Friday 24 Mar 2017 - (775) The state of the market for SSDs: March 2017
- Friday 24 Mar 2017 - (1006) How buying the right camera is a good long-term investment
- Friday 24 Mar 2017 - (945) Metabones’ latest addition to its Speed Booster series: the PL To Sony E-mount
- Thursday 23 Mar 2017 - (4522) New HDR Ninja Inferno breaks the $1000 barrier
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video