Studio & Broadcast
12 Aug 2016
On the occasion of the Star Trek's 50th anniversary, we revisit the wonderful remaster of Star Trek: The Next Generation to Blu-ray. By Joe Foster.Read more...
02 Aug 2016
RedShark Summer Replay: David Bowie was one of the most influential artists of the last century, and this was the moment we all realised.Read more...
03 Jul 2016
Panasonic's 4K/UHD Blu-ray player, already available in Europe, finally gets a U.S. release window and pricing info.Read more...
24 Jun 2016
We delve into the topic of IMAX projection systems, as a technical format and exhibition standard, and look to its future.Read more...
31 May 2016
As the world’s broadcasters gear up for their biggest event on the four-yearly calendar, are we witnessing the start of the next technological cycle that ends up with 8K in the world’s living rooms?Read more...
27 May 2016
Freya Black on the strange case of Sir David Attenborough, his seminal 'Zoo Quest' natural history production from the 1950s, and some recently unearthed colour 16mm footage.Read more...
24 May 2016
Sony has debuted a new type of LED screen that aims to expand the colour gamut and and dynamic range of large video installations, even as resolutions reach 8K and beyond.Read more...
17 May 2016
Blackmagic Designs’ Intensity Shuttle has been available for a few years now, but, with an open and extensible SDK, is a fine example of a product that has been made still relevant for modern video production. By Iain Churchill-Coleman.Read more...
12 May 2016
Peter Haas takes a closer look at one of the sleeper hits of NAB 2016, Blackmagic Design's Duplicator 4K.Read more...
16 Apr 2016
In case you think some of the announcements we hear nowadays are game-changing, here's a look back at a truly groundbreaking one from 60 years ago that changed broadcast television forever. And that's no hype. By Phillip Moss.Read more...
- Wednesday 24 Aug 2016 - (65384) Five top tips for colorists
- Saturday 27 Aug 2016 - (17454) Why some products are delivered late
- Wednesday 17 Aug 2016 - (15621) Canon EOS 5K Mk IV details leaked: surprisingly few surprises
- Friday 26 Aug 2016 - (11118) First Hands-On with the new EOS 5D Mk IV: 500Mbit/s 4K recording
- Saturday 20 Aug 2016 - (10442) Is the iPhone really a threat to video professionals?
- Tuesday 30 Aug 2016 - (398) RedShark Review: ShotPut Pro 6
- Tuesday 30 Aug 2016 - (694) Signiant Media Shuttle transforms a video production company [Sponsored]
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (945) Cheap cameras becoming expendable in big budget films?
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (1637) RØDE Microphones unveils upgrades
- Monday 29 Aug 2016 - (3908) Why the 5D Mk IV's sensor crop for 4K video is not that big a deal [Opinion]
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Colour Digital Bolex drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro Grading HD HDR lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX