Studio & Broadcast
24 Jun 2016
We delve into the topic of IMAX projection systems, as a technical format and exhibition standard, and look to its future.Read more...
31 May 2016
As the world’s broadcasters gear up for their biggest event on the four-yearly calendar, are we witnessing the start of the next technological cycle that ends up with 8K in the world’s living rooms?Read more...
27 May 2016
Freya Black on the strange case of Sir David Attenborough, his seminal 'Zoo Quest' natural history production from the 1950s, and some recently unearthed colour 16mm footage.Read more...
24 May 2016
Sony has debuted a new type of LED screen that aims to expand the colour gamut and and dynamic range of large video installations, even as resolutions reach 8K and beyond.Read more...
17 May 2016
Blackmagic Designs’ Intensity Shuttle has been available for a few years now, but, with an open and extensible SDK, is a fine example of a product that has been made still relevant for modern video production. By Iain Churchill-Coleman.Read more...
12 May 2016
Peter Haas takes a closer look at one of the sleeper hits of NAB 2016, Blackmagic Design's Duplicator 4K.Read more...
16 Apr 2016
In case you think some of the announcements we hear nowadays are game-changing, here's a look back at a truly groundbreaking one from 60 years ago that changed broadcast television forever. And that's no hype. By Phillip Moss.Read more...
16 Mar 2016
In more remote parts of the world outside of the urban centres, measures must be taken to ensure consistent power.Read more...
11 Mar 2016
We profile a hot new short made with Blackmagic kit that's raised some intriguing questions about our own rules concerning what we will and will not publish.Read more...
- Saturday 18 Jun 2016 - (28373) This is how good Canon’s low light camera is
- Tuesday 14 Jun 2016 - (16696) Why some products are delivered late
- Saturday 25 Jun 2016 - (11959) Microphones for Video: What you need to know
- Tuesday 14 Jun 2016 - (10711) Light Iron's Michael Cioni on the Panavision DXL - “the most advanced digital cinema camera ever made.”
- Tuesday 21 Jun 2016 - (7792) The Great Monitoring Dilemma: how to preserve picture quality for the DIY filmmaker
- Tuesday 28 Jun 2016 - (811) Panasonic releases new AG-AC30 handheld
- Tuesday 28 Jun 2016 - (976) Digital Bolex to stop making cameras
- Tuesday 28 Jun 2016 - (5377) 8K video will be the new Still Photography
- Tuesday 28 Jun 2016 - (2971) Reasons to shoot in higher than 4K with RED and G-Technology
- Monday 27 Jun 2016 - (1748) Sony releases FS7 v4.0 firmware
3D 4K 4K Camera 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD HDR iPhone lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX