Studio & Broadcast
16 Apr 2016
In case you think some of the announcements we hear nowadays are game-changing, here's a look back at a truly groundbreaking one from 60 years ago that changed broadcast television forever. And that's no hype. By Phillip Moss.Read more...
16 Mar 2016
In more remote parts of the world outside of the urban centres, measures must be taken to ensure consistent power.Read more...
11 Mar 2016
We profile a hot new short made with Blackmagic kit that's raised some intriguing questions about our own rules concerning what we will and will not publish.Read more...
24 Feb 2016
The BBC’s Planet Earth was one of the most influential programmes in the history of television and was a huge influence on the uptake of HD sets and services when it first transmitted in 2006. Can the sequel have the same effect with 4K?Read more...
19 Feb 2016
Affordable is, of course, a relative term here, but if the announced price of the new 4K HDR Sony Bravia sets is anything to go by, they could end up mass market rather quickly.Read more...
07 Feb 2016
RedShark Replay: Guest author John Clark of Berlin Picture Company explores why there's so little consistency of colour across broadcast platforms and what the industry may need to remedy the problem.Read more...
04 Feb 2016
It’s powerful, it’s technically advanced, and it could possibly even be introducing 4K by satellite by the end of the year. Say hello to Sky Q: the future of TV…at a price.Read more...
02 Feb 2016
LG has been investing a lot of money into successfully commercialising OLED screens lately, and now it’s starting to ramp up the effort of letting people know how impressive they are.Read more...
11 Jan 2016
RedShark's 3rd TV Show features "the world's fastest PC workstation", and we talk to NewTek about how you can make state-of-the-art live TV for the price of a small family sedan.Read more...
- Sunday 24 Apr 2016 - (21049) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 26 Apr 2016 - (8440) The world's smallest 4K interchangeable lens camera
- Friday 15 Apr 2016 - (8362) The Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera: "A great addition to anyone's arsenal."
- Friday 15 Apr 2016 - (7966) 5 things every video editor should have on their hard drive [sponsored]
- Monday 18 Apr 2016 - (6315) Dramatic updates for URSA Mini and new products from Blackmagic
- Friday 29 Apr 2016 - (881) 3 ways to help if you have to use a different NLE
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (670) RedShark's Teradek NAB live tv shows - Episode I, Nick Rashby, President, AJA
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (639) The Zeiss VR One: an important headset for the future?
- Thursday 28 Apr 2016 - (1058) Why Optical Disc Archive? [sponsored]
- Wednesday 27 Apr 2016 - (1309) NAB 2016: of audio and increasing automation
3D 4K 4K Camera 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD HDR lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX