April’s here, and while it will take a few days for all the foolery to get shaken out of the tech websites, we’re just about have a massive focus on what’s actual and real, as we go to the biggest film, TV and broadcast technology show on Earth.Read more...
The former CG Student Awards has rebranded as an International Awards for young designers, creators, innovators, and artists. And more to the point entries, which this year have been expanded out to twelve categories across many disciplines, are now open.Read more...
28 Mar 2016
In a follow-up to one our favorite stories from 2015, photographer, cinematographer and documentarian Philip Grossman is readying his work for a personal exhibition at one of the most prestigious locales imaginable.Read more...
In case this seems like a really downbeat title for an article, please let me reassure you that it’s not. In fact it’s more of a tale about a really nice world where nice people say nice things to each other, and, ultimately, get their broken cameras fixed. Or something like that....Read more...
23 Jan 2016
A fan-led effort has worked to restore the original Star Wars trilogy to its unaltered glory, but how long will we have to wait for an official re-release? By Joe Foster.Read more...
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17844) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12251) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (6086) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5953) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5511) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (311) ZEISS Cinema Zoom Lenses [sponsored]
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (784) First look at Varicam Pure 4K raw footage
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (783) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1149) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1157) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video