14 Jul 2016
Those extra transponders in UK broadcaster Sky’s latest SkyQ set-top box look set to be put to good use from August 13 as it launches its new Ultra HD service to coincide with the start of the new English Premier League season.Read more...
12 Jul 2016
Last year I wrote about Mirage Men, a documentary feature I co-produced, co-directed and co-edited and the trials and tribulations of distribution. Now I am looking at that story again, with particular emphasis on online distribution.Read more...
09 Jul 2016
With news that Digital Bolex is to stop making cameras, today's RedShark Replay takes us back to December 2012 and a time when a Kickstarter-funded digital 16mm camera was one of the year's most intriguing stories. Peter Haas talked to Joe Rubinstein, co-founder of Digital Bolex.Read more...
08 Jul 2016
Phil Rhodes on the seemingly unending delays that companies place on payments to freelancers and the top categories of excuses that tend to crop up whenever the invoice is chased.Read more...
27 Jun 2016
In light of the UK's decision to leave the European Union, how will Brexit impact productions and film professionals at home and abroad?Read more...
20 Jun 2016
Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference could have been this year's showcase for new pro hardware announcements or a Final Cut Pro X roadmap, but sadly, it was neither.Read more...
15 Jun 2016
Another show? In midsummer? Well, yes, and going by the comments from attendees about needing a bigger venue, a very successful one. As Phil Rhodes reports, maybe it’s the mix of technical and production together that is the secret sauce.Read more...
08 Jun 2016
RED President Jarred Land has revealed the company's convention plans for next year, including a change of venue for its flagship roadshow.Read more...
01 Jun 2016
We're relaying info about an interesting niche film competition that's seeking great short documentaries around the theme 'Architecture as a Solution'.Read more...
25 May 2016
Here's a quick update on the sale of Sony Vegas to Magix, including Magix's response to the sale, and Sony's own statement.Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47728) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8604) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7906) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (7113) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Sunday 17 Sep 2017 - (5393) Panasonic updates us on the amazing AU-EVA1 camcorder plus new footage [Video]
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (593) Remembering Final Cut Pro 7 - the end of an era
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (672) Atomos Sumo monitors to receive new capabilities with firmware updates [Video]
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (994) IBC 2017 - Have manufacturers stopped playing the numbers game?
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (4189) First footage from the new Sony CineAlta VENICE
- Thursday 21 Sep 2017 - (2465) Ignite Express: a very capable set of free plugins
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video