Apple's decision to keep its Apple TV streaming video player's resolution at high definition has sparked debate, but a quick look at the numbers indicates demand is growing for 4K content and devices.Read more...
24 Dec 2015
This is a funny time of year for any online technology publication. With Christmas coming up, you’d expect that nothing much would happen until the new year. But that's not quite right.Read more...
05 Dec 2015
A trip to the cinema these days inevitably feels like deja-vu all over again, and not just because Hollywood remains obsessed with sequels, prequels, remakes, reimaginings and reboots.Read more...
03 Dec 2015
It's a hot rumour and one that will likely be confirmed or denied in the coming weeks, but what could a possible union between Nikon and Samsung camera technology mean for the camera industry at large?Read more...
24 Nov 2015
We take a look at the digital signage industry and the reasons why it has progressed differently than many of its advocates, including us, had envisaged.Read more...
18 Nov 2015
We have a new and - we hope! - improved commenting system. It will make it easier to leave comments.Read more...
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (93851) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38673) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22416) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Saturday 8 Oct 2016 - (14791) The art of Colour Rendering
- Friday 7 Oct 2016 - (8714) The impressive new Sony a6500 raises the sub-$1500 mirrorless bar
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (228) What happens when you put a 1000W LED onto a drone?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (673) The end of shaky video?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1026) What Convergent has done with Titan shows the way to capturing all camera angles at once
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (4351) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (1739) Sigma Cine Lenses now shipping
3D 4K 4K Camera 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX