01 Oct 2015
We've spotted an unbelievable deal for a 4K television that underscores just how far prices have fallen.Read more...
28 Sep 2015
You can now buy six of Amazon’s new colour Kindles (i.e. a fully-fledged tablet) for $250. It was eye popping enough to see the price for individual tablets, which is $50, but if you buy five, you get an additional one free. Is this degree of commoditisation about to happen to cameras?Read more...
23 Sep 2015
Through a forthcoming firmware update, Sony will bring high dynamic range functionality to more of its 2015 4K televisions, but this update is just part of Sony's play to be the leader in HDR video solutions for the living room.Read more...
People often write to us asking us to help them in disputes with manufacturers. Sometimes they even ask us to start campaigns against the maker of some product they've bought that doesn't work properly. This is why we don't get involved.Read more...
While broadcasters are still wrapping their heads around 4K/UHD distribution, Sharp is set to leap forward with the world's first 8K monitor, shipping in October if you have $133K to spare.Read more...
13 Sep 2015
It's been a busy week highlighted by big news from Sony at IBC and Canon at its Expo in New York. Blackmagic joins the fun with a bevy of announcements for new products, updates and modifications for existing products.Read more...
11 Sep 2015
After a four year hiatus, Automatic Duck relaunches with two new tools and a partnership with Red Giant. Wes Plate, the younger half of the father/son team behind Automatic Duck, answers our questions.Read more...
- Saturday 18 Jun 2016 - (28113) This is how good Canon’s low light camera is
- Saturday 11 Jun 2016 - (19158) Luminance: shedding light on the role of brightness in photography
- Tuesday 14 Jun 2016 - (16655) Why some products are delivered late
- Tuesday 14 Jun 2016 - (10339) Light Iron's Michael Cioni on the Panavision DXL - “the most advanced digital cinema camera ever made.”
- Tuesday 21 Jun 2016 - (7227) The Great Monitoring Dilemma: how to preserve picture quality for the DIY filmmaker
- Friday 24 Jun 2016 - (223) Bigger is better: IMAX 70mm film projection, present and future
- Friday 24 Jun 2016 - (1021) Why can't the new Hasselblad X1D shoot video in 4K?
- Friday 24 Jun 2016 - (2548) The dangers of overcooking the grade
- Thursday 23 Jun 2016 - (683) Editing VR In Adobe Premiere Pro 2015.3
- Thursday 23 Jun 2016 - (935) [Sponsored] Using NDI at a real live event
3D 4K 4K Camera 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD HDR lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic production ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX