15 Jun 2016
Another show? In midsummer? Well, yes, and going by the comments from attendees about needing a bigger venue, a very successful one. As Phil Rhodes reports, maybe it’s the mix of technical and production together that is the secret sauce.Read more...
08 Jun 2016
RED President Jarred Land has revealed the company's convention plans for next year, including a change of venue for its flagship roadshow.Read more...
01 Jun 2016
We're relaying info about an interesting niche film competition that's seeking great short documentaries around the theme 'Architecture as a Solution'.Read more...
25 May 2016
Here's a quick update on the sale of Sony Vegas to Magix, including Magix's response to the sale, and Sony's own statement.Read more...
Rumoured calls for a 20% quota on European content to be imposed on Netflix et al have been confirmed as they have appeared in part of a proposed update to the 28-nation bloc's Audiovisual Media Services directive.Read more...
07 May 2016
With International Star Wars day just gone, thought it would be fun to rewind back to September 2014, a time before The Force Awakens even had a title, and newspaper reports of a familiar looking set being uncovered by a drone operator flying over Greenham Common Airbase…Read more...
21 Apr 2016
In a packed NAB conference room, Lytro revealed the first film shot with its massive, 755 megapixel light field Cinema Camera. But, for all its size, the camera wasn't the only elephant in the room.Read more...
Something remarkable has happened at this year's NAB show. It's palpable. Everyone seems relaxed (insofar as you can relax in the world's biggest show for the Film, TV and Video industries), positive and - essentially - willing to spend money on new stuff.Read more...
- Saturday 24 Sep 2016 - (34434) Did someone wipe the moon landing tapes?
- Saturday 17 Sep 2016 - (28013) Why are some cameras so expensive while others are so cheap?
- Thursday 22 Sep 2016 - (23265) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Friday 16 Sep 2016 - (9487) A massive boost in bandwidth makes 8K inevitable and 16K feasible
- Monday 19 Sep 2016 - (6925) Panasonic unveils new GH5 prototype
- Friday 30 Sep 2016 - (335) iZotope announces its newest mixing plug-in: Neutron
- Friday 30 Sep 2016 - (2208) How the GoPro Karma and DJI Mavic drones will change the industry
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (2708) Low light photography continues to impress
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (1034) RED provides a masterclass in good customer service
- Thursday 29 Sep 2016 - (2871) The end of Apple Quicktime on Windows means problems for ProRes
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Colour Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX