18 Nov 2016
From the sheer quality of its production values to the enormous amounts of money Amazon has spent first producing it and then promoting it, the new show from the ex-Top Gear presenters really does change the industry.Read more...
17 Nov 2016
PremiumBeat is running a cracker of a competition giving you the chance of winning a DJI Mavic Pro and other great prizes.Read more...
31 Oct 2016
Increasingly, marketers are turning to 'Social Media Influencers' to spread their messages, but how does this phenomenon impact traditional production?Read more...
04 Oct 2016
Four years ago today, we launched RedShark. We had no idea whether what would happen when we started on this journey and we weren’t even thinking that we might be in the position we are today as one of the top websites written for, and read by, the entire Moving Image Industry.Read more...
30 Sep 2016
Analysis: The recent announcements of the GoPro Karma and DJI Mavic foldable drones may not only cause the popularity of such aircraft to rise dramatically, but may lead to some thorny ethical issues and an even more problematic regulatory environment for the drone industry in the near future.Read more...
17 Sep 2016
RedShark Replay: Why is there such a huge difference in the price of some cameras, which might both be supposedly "Cinema Quality"?Read more...
15 Sep 2016
Blackmagic made a splash with the announcement of two major acquisitions, but that was far from the only Blackmagic news coming out of IBC 2016.Read more...
14 Sep 2016
In many ways IBC2016 felt like a bit of a watermark: the old ‘traditional’ broadcast industry giving way to something newer and perhaps more inclusive. It was all very positive too, something which is reflected in the choices made for this year’s IBC RedShark Awards.Read more...
Most of IBC’s visitors rock up to Amsterdam at the weekend and, unless they’ve been there several times before, can end up wandering round the Halls and Corridors of the RAI like, if you'll excuse the analogy, the Flying Dutchman.Read more...
- Tuesday 8 Aug 2017 - (11507) Why AMD’s Ryzen Threadripper is such a big deal
- Saturday 12 Aug 2017 - (11146) 11 things filmmakers need to consider about audio
- Saturday 19 Aug 2017 - (10885) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Friday 18 Aug 2017 - (8115) Canon's powerful lower priced low light alternative
- Friday 11 Aug 2017 - (7454) The Sony FS7 II: best in class
- Tuesday 22 Aug 2017 - (265) Can you spot post colourisation?
- Tuesday 22 Aug 2017 - (600) How IBC stays ahead of the curve
- Tuesday 22 Aug 2017 - (2787) Digital vs film. Has the digital process become over complicated and expensive?
- Monday 21 Aug 2017 - (1196) Ten years of superlative aviation filmmaking
- Monday 21 Aug 2017 - (2316) Is the Nikon D850 waiting in the wings with 8K timelapse?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video