It's been a busy week highlighted by big news from Sony at IBC and Canon at its Expo in New York. Blackmagic joins the fun with a bevy of announcements for new products, updates and modifications for existing products.Read more...
After a four year hiatus, Automatic Duck relaunches with two new tools and a partnership with Red Giant. Wes Plate, the younger half of the father/son team behind Automatic Duck, answers our questions.Read more...
If a recent large purchase of Panasonic Varicam 35s by an educational services company is any indication, the Varicam 35 could make a serious dent in the high-end camera market.Read more...
Just before IBC in Amsterdam, we’re announcing the formation of the RedShark Awards. Compared to what the industry is used to, they’re different. Here’s why.Read more...
There have been acres of pages written about the significance of Jeremy Clarkson and his Top Gear cohorts moving from the BBC to Amazon Prime, but we think the most significant change is perhaps buried in the details of a job advert for the new production team. This is truly a tipping point for 4K.Read more...
How much does it cost to make a smartphone these days? And does this mean you could build your own camera?Read more...
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (29987) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21088) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Sunday 15 Nov 2015 - (17905) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (13476) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Saturday 14 Nov 2015 - (10094) A revolution in cheap cine lenses? We review the Veydra MFT Primes
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (953) RedShark Review: Sony PMW-PZ1 — 4K just got easier
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (628) Remembering Betamax: a truly game-changing tape format
- Wednesday 25 Nov 2015 - (1333) CalDigit takes wrappers off new USB C docks
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (713) The end of digital signage? Or just the beginning?
- Tuesday 24 Nov 2015 - (2990) Why are CFast cards so stubbornly expensive?
3D 4K 8K Alexa Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film gh4 GoPro HD HDR iPhone lenses Lightworks Mac Pro NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony Sony A7s SSD Thunderbolt UHD VFX