The RedShark team takes a look at all the stories about new products, new launches, and what other exciting things are going to be happening out in Amsterdam once IBC2016 starts in earnest.Read more...
14 Jul 2016
Those extra transponders in UK broadcaster Sky’s latest SkyQ set-top box look set to be put to good use from August 13 as it launches its new Ultra HD service to coincide with the start of the new English Premier League season.Read more...
12 Jul 2016
Last year I wrote about Mirage Men, a documentary feature I co-produced, co-directed and co-edited and the trials and tribulations of distribution. Now I am looking at that story again, with particular emphasis on online distribution.Read more...
09 Jul 2016
With news that Digital Bolex is to stop making cameras, today's RedShark Replay takes us back to December 2012 and a time when a Kickstarter-funded digital 16mm camera was one of the year's most intriguing stories. Peter Haas talked to Joe Rubinstein, co-founder of Digital Bolex.Read more...
08 Jul 2016
Phil Rhodes on the seemingly unending delays that companies place on payments to freelancers and the top categories of excuses that tend to crop up whenever the invoice is chased.Read more...
27 Jun 2016
In light of the UK's decision to leave the European Union, how will Brexit impact productions and film professionals at home and abroad?Read more...
20 Jun 2016
Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference could have been this year's showcase for new pro hardware announcements or a Final Cut Pro X roadmap, but sadly, it was neither.Read more...
15 Jun 2016
Another show? In midsummer? Well, yes, and going by the comments from attendees about needing a bigger venue, a very successful one. As Phil Rhodes reports, maybe it’s the mix of technical and production together that is the secret sauce.Read more...
08 Jun 2016
RED President Jarred Land has revealed the company's convention plans for next year, including a change of venue for its flagship roadshow.Read more...
- Friday 22 Jul 2016 - (22422) Is something dramatic about to happen with Final Cut Pro X?
- Saturday 23 Jul 2016 - (16101) One technique to improve your edits
- Friday 15 Jul 2016 - (13190) 8K will absolutely be the new standard for filmmaking
- Saturday 16 Jul 2016 - (11265) Most of us use them, but how does an NLE actually work?
- Monday 18 Jul 2016 - (7259) Working with resolutions above 4K: We interview renowned cinematographer Shane Hurlbut, ASC
- Friday 29 Jul 2016 - (7167) Star Wars used more CGI than you thought
- Friday 29 Jul 2016 - (1339) The Joy of Parallax (or In Defence of Sliders)
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (1534) A high CRI tungsten-balanced LED that won't break the bank
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (1156) Why the world’s best movie theatre is often found at IBC in Amsterdam
- Thursday 28 Jul 2016 - (1008) All about colour with Apocalypse Now cinematographer Vittorio Storaro
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Colour Digital Bolex drones DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD HDR LED lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX