23 Jan 2017
Phil Rhodes does some number crunching and comes up with some ballpark figures for a minimum budget for a movie that a) hires qualified people to b) produce something that c) an audience might actually want to watch. It's not cheap.Read more...
19 Jan 2017
This year’s Sundance Film Festival starts today with a screening of Al Gore’s ‘An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power’. As such, it remains the only film festival that is held in a ski resort…in winter.Read more...
22 Nov 2016
Have a look at the current DJI product line-up, and what talented artists can do with it on shorts like The Circle, and it’s not hard to imagine the company expanding into other areas of the industry.Read more...
18 Nov 2016
From the sheer quality of its production values to the enormous amounts of money Amazon has spent first producing it and then promoting it, the new show from the ex-Top Gear presenters really does change the industry.Read more...
17 Nov 2016
PremiumBeat is running a cracker of a competition giving you the chance of winning a DJI Mavic Pro and other great prizes.Read more...
31 Oct 2016
Increasingly, marketers are turning to 'Social Media Influencers' to spread their messages, but how does this phenomenon impact traditional production?Read more...
04 Oct 2016
Four years ago today, we launched RedShark. We had no idea whether what would happen when we started on this journey and we weren’t even thinking that we might be in the position we are today as one of the top websites written for, and read by, the entire Moving Image Industry.Read more...
30 Sep 2016
Analysis: The recent announcements of the GoPro Karma and DJI Mavic foldable drones may not only cause the popularity of such aircraft to rise dramatically, but may lead to some thorny ethical issues and an even more problematic regulatory environment for the drone industry in the near future.Read more...
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (21345) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (16652) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Sunday 22 Jan 2017 - (9797) How the internet echo chamber fails new cameras
- Friday 20 Jan 2017 - (9046) The Sony FS7 II and why it absolutely is a big deal
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8909) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 25 Jan 2017 - (119) Is Apple investigating VR? Of course it is!
- Tuesday 24 Jan 2017 - (475) The Core SWX Hypercore Slim: a battery with an accelerometer
- Tuesday 24 Jan 2017 - (4387) The new Canon EOS C700 impresses in the field
- Tuesday 24 Jan 2017 - (3034) Razer Blade GTX 1060 review: why stop at gaming?
- Monday 23 Jan 2017 - (1988) Want to make a feature film? This is how much money you will really need
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro HD HDR IBC LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video