20 Apr 2018
If you are a filmmaker trying to sell your first film there's no film festival that grabs the imagination like Cannes. Here's Neil Oseman's essential guide to Cannes survival!Read more...
03 Apr 2018
Calling all pro videographers using Sony FS5 or FS7 cameras! 32GB SDHC up for grabs if you are a professional video maker using Sony equipment.Read more...
13 Feb 2018
This week persistent rumours started going around that RED could be teaming up with Foxconn to produce a new line of affordable 8K cameras. If it is true this could be seismic. But is it merely wishful speculation, or is there any substance to it?Read more...
12 Feb 2018
We don't normally write about distribution deals in RedShark, but this is a big one. Atomos has appointed a new distributor in the US. We'd expect this to mean better availablity, service and support. And there's an open day for anyone within reach of Culver CityRead more...
24 Jan 2018
HDR10+ has just had a major boost with support from some major players. Freya Black takes a look at what this means for HDR uptake in general.Read more...
23 Jan 2018
Being the Chairman and CEO of Avid gives Louis Hernandez Jr. quite a bit of visibility into the media industry. In 'The Storyteller's Dilemma he describes the effects that technology has had on the industry as a whole. It's an informative read.Read more...
01 Jan 2018
RedShark Christmas Replay: This article first appeared in 2013, but it is still relevant today. Electronics is so completely integrated now that building new equipment is just a matter of glueing together a few parts you can buy from the Internet. Is this true? And is this the biggest threat to traditional camera manufacturers? In this article, we investigate this,…Read more...
04 Dec 2017
More video is being produced and distributed than ever before. In this new media landscape, speed has become critical for media businesses looking to survive and prosper in today’s insatiable market for video content.Read more...
16 Nov 2017
Sony is running a series of workshops around the UK and it’s a fantastic opportunity to see the latest handheld cameras. It will be the first chance to try out the amazing new Z90 and NX80.Read more...
- Saturday 21 Apr 2018 - (50243) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 14 Apr 2018 - (28467) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Wednesday 18 Apr 2018 - (12454) The Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K is very real indeed!
- Friday 20 Apr 2018 - (8541) Lightworks is so efficient you can edit 8K on a laptop!
- Wednesday 18 Apr 2018 - (8311) Is Resolve 15 now the ultimate "hero suite"?
- Thursday 26 Apr 2018 - (1402) The story of REDCODE: why it’s better now than it’s ever been
- Thursday 26 Apr 2018 - (918) VR in a web browser? It's already happening
- Wednesday 25 Apr 2018 - (2677) Some people complain about free software. We take a look at this surprising phenomenon
- Wednesday 25 Apr 2018 - (1050) Teradek's new video transmitters offer zero delay transmission over long distances
- Wednesday 25 Apr 2018 - (853) Slow, Stalled and Stuck Media Files? Why FTP is no longer the best solution [sponsored]
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video