27 Jun 2016
In light of the UK's decision to leave the European Union, how will Brexit impact productions and film professionals at home and abroad?Read more...
20 Jun 2016
Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference could have been this year's showcase for new pro hardware announcements or a Final Cut Pro X roadmap, but sadly, it was neither.Read more...
15 Jun 2016
Another show? In midsummer? Well, yes, and going by the comments from attendees about needing a bigger venue, a very successful one. As Phil Rhodes reports, maybe it’s the mix of technical and production together that is the secret sauce.Read more...
08 Jun 2016
RED President Jarred Land has revealed the company's convention plans for next year, including a change of venue for its flagship roadshow.Read more...
01 Jun 2016
We're relaying info about an interesting niche film competition that's seeking great short documentaries around the theme 'Architecture as a Solution'.Read more...
25 May 2016
Here's a quick update on the sale of Sony Vegas to Magix, including Magix's response to the sale, and Sony's own statement.Read more...
Rumoured calls for a 20% quota on European content to be imposed on Netflix et al have been confirmed as they have appeared in part of a proposed update to the 28-nation bloc's Audiovisual Media Services directive.Read more...
07 May 2016
With International Star Wars day just gone, thought it would be fun to rewind back to September 2014, a time before The Force Awakens even had a title, and newspaper reports of a familiar looking set being uncovered by a drone operator flying over Greenham Common Airbase…Read more...
- Saturday 18 Jun 2016 - (28290) This is how good Canon’s low light camera is
- Tuesday 14 Jun 2016 - (16690) Why some products are delivered late
- Saturday 25 Jun 2016 - (11845) Microphones for Video: What you need to know
- Tuesday 14 Jun 2016 - (10643) Light Iron's Michael Cioni on the Panavision DXL - “the most advanced digital cinema camera ever made.”
- Tuesday 21 Jun 2016 - (7684) The Great Monitoring Dilemma: how to preserve picture quality for the DIY filmmaker
- Tuesday 28 Jun 2016 - (1874) 8K video will be the new Still Photography
- Tuesday 28 Jun 2016 - (672) Reasons to shoot in higher than 4K with RED and G-Technology
- Monday 27 Jun 2016 - (1050) Sony releases FS7 v4.0 firmware
- Monday 27 Jun 2016 - (385) The raging and ongoing battle for net neutrality
- Monday 27 Jun 2016 - (1141) What Brexit means for UK and European film production [Opinion]
3D 4K 4K Camera 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film Firmware update gh4 GoPro HD HDR iPhone lenses Lightworks NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX