RedShark News Staff
Written by RedShark's News Team
Thunderbolt is an exceptionally versatile interface. The cables are little thicker than a shoelace and yet it can be the only cable you need to get data to and from a computer. Now it its third generation, Thunderbolt is fast and it’s easy to configure.
Falling as it does a mere six weeks before NAB, the best reason to visit London's BVE remains the chance to bump into folk and network. It’s also though a seasoned show with plenty of time to catch up on technology that can be drowned out amid larger jamborees, and features a solid conference offering something for everyone. Here are RedShark’s Top Ten reasons to head out on the DLR to the ExCel later this month.
RED has uploaded a handful of new videos to YouTube, including four new RED TECH video on various topics such as camera prep and assignable keys, and a brief video bio of Scott B.S. Choi, the many behind the lens of the most viewed YouTube video ever.
As well as the new web broadcast gear, Blackmagic Design has expanded its Studio Camera line-up with two new battery-less models that are not only lighter and cheaper but easier to ship around.
Five years after it first appeared in cinemas, Dolby Atmos, a key component of the UHD future, is slowly edging into the world of live broadcast television, as this week’s soccer broadcast by BT Sport in the UK proved. By Matt Gregory, RedShark Staff Writer
RedShark has obtained one of the very first production-quality Panasonic GH5 cameras and we'll have expert Richard Payne from Holdan talking live with RedShark Editor-In-Chief, David Shapton, about the camera from our studio. We'll also have Jason Diamond, Cinematographer, live from NYC.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17073) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12127) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7115) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5827) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5339) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (362) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (821) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1553) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1262) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (1070) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR