Simon Wyndham is a professional cameraman of over 15 years, video editor, and all round on set grunt. With a background in indy feature making, when he isn't producing bread and butter corporate videos he can be found hucking the gnar on rivers whitewater kayaking and adventure sports filming. (Website: http:// www.5ep.co.uk)
Blackmagic has an excellent reputation for incorporating user feedback into the latest iterations of its cameras and, with the addition of NDI filters and some really well thought-out ergonomics, the $6000 Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro carries on the tradition. All in all, it is a lot of camera for the money.
The company’s attitude and relationship with the professional market has fallen under scrutiny even more than usual with last year’s release of the new MacBook Pro line: a release that left many feeling rather underwhelmed. Tim Cook, however, has reassurance.
Since it was announced last year, the Panasonic GH5 has been making waves throughout the industry. RedShark has got its hands on one of the first production models released and, in our comprehensive hands-on review below, you can find out exactly what all the fuss is about. This is a game-changer.
For a new technology that looks set to be deployed without any damaging format wars, there is still plenty of confusion regarding HDR standards and what you should be looking for when thinking of purchasing a new TV set. Here’s the information you need.
In editing, as elsewhere, AI offers both intriguing possibilities and huge potential pitfalls. Perhaps though the biggest issue that we face is that AI editing is already here, and it is getting better and better all the time.
The footage below looks like it might have been taken with a drone equipped with a multi-axis gimbal. It is pretty impressive, flying as it does so close to the mountain ridge so accurately. Only this is no advanced drone, and it isn’t even an advanced camera.
- Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 - (14081) How to get MacBook performance for less
- Sunday 19 Mar 2017 - (13791) Why you should use prime lenses
- Tuesday 28 Mar 2017 - (11195) AMD’s Revolutionary Ryzen: Is this the chip to make you move from Intel?
- Friday 17 Mar 2017 - (10481) It’s a kinda magic… The Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro review
- Thursday 23 Mar 2017 - (6908) New HDR Ninja Inferno breaks the $1000 barrier
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (62) iClone 7 now supports ARRI, RED and Canon camera Looks
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (776) Sony highlights flagship system camera HDC-4800 at CABSAT [video]
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (1258) The four things you need to shoot tethered
- Wednesday 29 Mar 2017 - (1036) Rampant Design releases new tools for Premiere Pro
- Wednesday 29 Mar 2017 - (4936) AMD's forthcoming Radeon RX Vega: greater GPU power at lower cost?