Simon Wyndham is Deputy Editor of RedShark News, a professional cameraman and video producer of over 15 years. With a background in indy feature making, when he isn't producing bread and butter corporate videos he can be found hucking the gnar on rivers whitewater kayaking and adventure sports filming.
G-Technology drives are some of the most popular amongst content producers. Whilst G-Technology itself has had a portable rugged SSD compatible drive system available for a while now, it has now introduced newer, faster variations in the form of the R-Series.
By every reasonable expectation, going to the cinema should be the ultimate way to enjoy a film. But it seems that occasionally venues can leave the experience wanting. So what are the challenges facing cinemas today, and should we be even having these issues in the digital world?
RedShark Review: A cousin of the remarkable 4 million ISO ME20F-SH, the Canon ME200S-SH shares the same form factor and is essentially a box with a sensor inside of it. That means that from straight shooting to drones to gimbal mounts, there is a lot you can do with it.
For a company that keeps on innovating, Edelkrone shows no sign of slowing down. Single camera operators would appear to have a new gadget to assist them in getting smooth motion shots in the form of the new SurfaceONE.
With the seemingly insatiable demand for effects such as lens flares, PolarPro has expanded its library of video editing solutions with a new Helios Cinematic Light Effects filter pack.
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47733) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8605) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7907) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (7114) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Sunday 17 Sep 2017 - (5393) Panasonic updates us on the amazing AU-EVA1 camcorder plus new footage [Video]
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (595) Remembering Final Cut Pro 7 - the end of an era
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (672) Atomos Sumo monitors to receive new capabilities with firmware updates [Video]
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (996) IBC 2017 - Have manufacturers stopped playing the numbers game?
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (4194) First footage from the new Sony CineAlta VENICE
- Thursday 21 Sep 2017 - (2465) Ignite Express: a very capable set of free plugins