Simon Wyndham is a professional cameraman of over 15 years, video editor, and all round on set grunt. With a background in indy feature making, when he isn't producing bread and butter corporate videos he can be found hucking the gnar on rivers whitewater kayaking and adventure sports filming. (Website: http:// www.5ep.co.uk)
Since it was announced last year, the Panasonic GH5 has been making waves throughout the industry. RedShark has got its hands on one of the first production models released and, in our comprehensive hands-on review below, you can find out exactly what all the fuss is about. This is a game-changer.
In editing, as elsewhere, AI offers both intriguing possibilities and huge potential pitfalls. Perhaps though the biggest issue that we face is that AI editing is already here, and it is getting better and better all the time.
The footage below looks like it might have been taken with a drone equipped with a multi-axis gimbal. It is pretty impressive, flying as it does so close to the mountain ridge so accurately. Only this is no advanced drone, and it isn’t even an advanced camera.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17666) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12217) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5924) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5923) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5433) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (313) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (935) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1057) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (985) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (2122) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do