Freya Black is a Freelance writer, director, cinematographer and artist based in the UK, (the land of cold winters and rainy days). She believes cinematography is all about creating magic through light. Her all time favorite film is "Freaks" by Todd Browning. Freya is a big fan of chocolate, owls and the night.
Over the weekend Apple accidentally released firmware for its forthcoming HomePod speaker replete with details of the new iPhone 8.
People have been expecting a 4K capable Apple TV for a long time, even before the last version of the device was announced way back in 2015 but now it seems like a 5th generation of the Apple TV might be on the horizon that is both 4K and HDR capable.
Whereas there is some question around whether 4K streaming, with its bandwidth limitations or physical media (in the form of UHD Blu-ray) is the future for 4K and HDR, it all seems a lot simpler for computer games. Indeed, the main question for gaming in 4K seems to be if you want to go with Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro or Microsoft's Xbox One S and Xbox One X offerings.
Christopher Nolan's forthcoming Dunkirk is notable for a lot more than simply featuring Harry Styles: it's also Nolan's first film to be shot entirely large format - and that includes a lot of handheld IMAX shots with a 54lb camera.
- Tuesday 8 Aug 2017 - (11051) Why AMD’s Ryzen Threadripper is such a big deal
- Saturday 12 Aug 2017 - (10736) 11 things filmmakers need to consider about audio
- Thursday 3 Aug 2017 - (9697) Panasonic's 5.7K EVA1: full details here at last - and they were worth the wait!
- Friday 11 Aug 2017 - (6985) The Sony FS7 II: best in class
- Sunday 6 Aug 2017 - (6776) The Practical Guide to Lighting on a Budget - Part One
- Thursday 17 Aug 2017 - (140) Streamlining your workflow with metadata
- Thursday 17 Aug 2017 - (842) Are the fabled Processor Wars back again?
- Thursday 17 Aug 2017 - (1393) Struggling on a budget? Maybe there is a used camera bargain out there for you
- Wednesday 16 Aug 2017 - (530) A box with a lens: high level photography with low level equipment
- Wednesday 16 Aug 2017 - (468) Smoothing the workflow: Lesspain's Kyno receives major update