Freya Black is a Freelance writer, director, cinematographer and artist based in the UK, (the land of cold winters and rainy days). She believes cinematography is all about creating magic through light. Her all time favorite film is "Freaks" by Todd Browning. Freya is a big fan of chocolate, owls and the night.
With the sheer number of lens interfaces that exist today, we are used to adapting lenses to our cameras using adaptors. Now Angenieux has turned this thinking on its head by allowing us to adapt the lens to both the camera and sensor size at will. Freya Black investigates.
It is a fantastic time to be buying an action camera. At no period has this been better illustrated than now. Xiaomi has been making waves with its existing action camera line, that have been giving GoPro a very serious run for their money. Now the company has released a new camera into the fold, that offers many features found on higher budget rivals, but at an incredible sub £100 price point.
To a huge amount of anticipation, the Nikon D850 has finally arrived. The Nikon D810 was a favoured camera of film-makers working in full frame video, so people have been waiting with bated breath to see what the company will produce as a more modern replacement.
Laser technology in projectors is approaching mainstream. Brighter, sharper pictures with lower maintenance costs are promised. But will these latest 4K laser projectors tempt cinema owners enough to upgrade their existing set-ups?
- Sunday 10 Dec 2017 - (33558) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 3 Dec 2017 - (31033) Here's how to make your films look good
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (29206) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Wednesday 13 Dec 2017 - (24979) Want to earn money from your film? You'll find that making it was the easy part...
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (9178) More megapixels are coming. Just get used to it [opinion]
- Saturday 16 Dec 2017 - (643) Masters of Light: a classic revisited
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1385) How to get the best from low bitrate cameras
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1458) The essentials of controlling your exposure part 1: aperture
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1208) NewBlueFX Titler Pro 6: an incredibly fast and easy way to create titles
- Thursday 14 Dec 2017 - (3364) Final Cut Pro X 10.4 now unleashed