Freya Black is a Freelance writer, director, cinematographer and artist based in the UK, (the land of cold winters and rainy days). She believes cinematography is all about creating magic through light. Her all time favorite film is "Freaks" by Todd Browning. Freya is a big fan of chocolate, owls and the night.
CP3- oh! The new Zeiss CP.3 lenses are slightly more expensive than the preceding CP.2 glass, but they are also a major upgrade because the lens mechanics and physical consistency are such an improvement. In other words, Zeiss looks to have a winner on its hands.
There is pressure to create content on increasingly lower budgets, but the expectation remains for something that at least seems like or resembles a high-quality end-product — two things that are generally at odds with one another. However, ARRI has come to the rescue with two announcements of preset technology at NAB 2017 to achieve fast looks.
GoPros are synonymous with 360-degree capture, but now the company is hoping to replace the various kludged together rigs in circulation with an elegant all in one solution. And, as talk of 'over-capture' illustrates, it doesn't think this approach is just confined to 360 shoots either. You may never need to worry about framing your subject again.
- Monday 24 Apr 2017 - (12532) Resolve 14 is the software’s biggest upgrade ever
- Saturday 22 Apr 2017 - (10198) Avid goes free: Meet Media Composer First
- Monday 17 Apr 2017 - (8585) Light L16 camera to ship in July and look like this
- Tuesday 25 Apr 2017 - (8492) New firmware for Sony cameras
- Friday 21 Apr 2017 - (6022) Hands on with the surprise new Sony a9 mirrorless camera
- Saturday 29 Apr 2017 - (1550) RedShark Awards winners for NAB 2017
- Friday 28 Apr 2017 - (302) New ARRI presets let you achieve looks fast
- Friday 28 Apr 2017 - (855) AMD's "latest and greatest graphics card" [video]
- Friday 28 Apr 2017 - (593) Signiant talks storage independence [video]
- Friday 28 Apr 2017 - (872) NAB 2017: Videowalls and monitors to the fore