Ned Soltz is a veteran shooter, editor, consultant, author and industry expert. He is Contributing Editor of DigitalVideo Magazine and is a frequent contributor to numerous print and web publications as well as podcasts. Ned was among the founders of the LA Final Cut Pro User Group (now LA Creative Pro User Group) and is currently president of the New York City user group Mopictive NYC.
It’s been a little over a week since Adobe announced the end of perpetual licenses for its Creative Suite software family. Adobe CS6 will be the last product line to be available as a boxed set or download. There will be no future development. The future is the Adobe Creative Cloud
Since the release of FCP X 10.0.6, many of us have been experiencing occasional “frame glitches” in footage rendered directly from FCP X where certain plug-ins have been applied. Ned Soltz, our New York Correspondent, reports
I recently had several hours to play with a pre-release Sony PMW-F55 camera. Sony also supplied me with 2 64gb SxsPro+ cards, the AXS-5 4K recorder, one AXSM 4K media storage, the new LCD viewfinder, the new Olivine battery, and last but hardly least, a new Sony 85mm prime lens
With tales of headaches, sickness and soap-opera resemblence pouring out of every media outlet, we sent our highly experienced film shooter, editor and industry consultant, Ned Soltz, to an IMAX cinema in New York to get an expert's view of 48 fps
- Sunday 7 Feb 2016 - (38502) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (25153) 8-bit or 10-bit? The truth may surprise you
- Tuesday 9 Feb 2016 - (10227) AJA's surprise new camera is a change of direction
- Wednesday 3 Feb 2016 - (8642) Sony's A6300: Mirrorless 4K & world's fastest autofocus for under $1K
- Monday 1 Feb 2016 - (6523) Canon updates its 4K blockbuster DSLR with the EOS-1D X MK II
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (382) Odyssey 7Q+ to support Varicam LT V-RAW
- Friday 12 Feb 2016 - (426) Indian music and iPad: made for each other
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (667) RedShark Review: DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (2958) The powerful new Panasonic Varicam LT: Top-end features, mid-range price
- Thursday 11 Feb 2016 - (1086) 101 uses for a GoPro camera