Ned Soltz is a veteran shooter, editor, consultant, author and industry expert. He is Contributing Editor of DigitalVideo Magazine and is a frequent contributor to numerous print and web publications as well as podcasts. Ned was among the founders of the LA Final Cut Pro User Group (now LA Creative Pro User Group) and is currently president of the New York City user group Mopictive NYC.
It’s been a little over a week since Adobe announced the end of perpetual licenses for its Creative Suite software family. Adobe CS6 will be the last product line to be available as a boxed set or download. There will be no future development. The future is the Adobe Creative Cloud
Since the release of FCP X 10.0.6, many of us have been experiencing occasional “frame glitches” in footage rendered directly from FCP X where certain plug-ins have been applied. Ned Soltz, our New York Correspondent, reports
I recently had several hours to play with a pre-release Sony PMW-F55 camera. Sony also supplied me with 2 64gb SxsPro+ cards, the AXS-5 4K recorder, one AXSM 4K media storage, the new LCD viewfinder, the new Olivine battery, and last but hardly least, a new Sony 85mm prime lens
With tales of headaches, sickness and soap-opera resemblence pouring out of every media outlet, we sent our highly experienced film shooter, editor and industry consultant, Ned Soltz, to an IMAX cinema in New York to get an expert's view of 48 fps
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (42021) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30403) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21378) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19335) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14408) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (242) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (782) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (822) [Sponsored] Amazing offer for Davinci Resolve training - only one day left
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1174) Panasonic aims Toughpad 4K Performance at film production
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1157) ARRI Amira now captures in Prores 4444 XQ