Andy is Deputy Editor of RedShark. He has spent over two decades writing about all aspects of the broadcast and film industries for a variety of high-profile industry publications on both sides of the Atlantic. During that time the industry has moved from 4:3 SD to 16:9 SD to HD and now on to 4K HDR. He's getting kind of curious to see where it goes next.
Monkey business: Sky viewers in the UK had the chance to see some of the latest natural history work done with Canon’s 4 million ISO ME20F-SH camera over the holidays on ‘Monkeys: An Amazing Animal Family’.
In many respects sampling has made us rather complacent in the way we build up music. As a chance late-night rewatching of The Making of Dark Side of the Moon proves, back in the day creating certain audio effects required serious commitment. Not to mention a mic stand to loop the tape around.
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24358) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (14528) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8822) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8016) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 - (6522) Panasonic reveals the GH5: and it’s a stunner
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (210) This might be the tipping point for 8K
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (471) A timelapse system that works unattended for months
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (6123) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (1081) An Apple Studios original?
- Sunday 15 Jan 2017 - (1348) Premiere Pro Video Transitions 101: A Step-by-Step Guide [sponsored]