Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Phil Rhodes takes a visit to the Panavision facility in Woodland Hills, California to profile the Panavision E-series, lenses that have delivered that classic anamorphic look (and, yes, flares) to an exhaustive list of Hollywood blockbusters.
Products that featured high dynamic range capabilities, and the companies that made them, could be found throughout this year's NAB Show, but there's still more work to be done before HDR is a working reality for many productions.
- Saturday 14 May 2016 - (20522) The Commodore Amiga: Once upon a time this was what we used to produce digital video
- Saturday 21 May 2016 - (20181) The Sony A7S - a camera born for astrophotography
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (16591) Nvidia's GTX 1080: Is this the end of Mac-based video production?
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (12572) Five things a Colorist would like to say to a DP
- Friday 13 May 2016 - (10588) 7 Free Motion Design Assets for Video Editors [sponsored]
- Wednesday 25 May 2016 - (787) Sony sells Vegas and more to Magix
- Tuesday 24 May 2016 - (733) BigFly's impressive drone showreel
- Tuesday 24 May 2016 - (1175) Sony's Gigantic LED Canvas
- Tuesday 24 May 2016 - (3621) Rumour: Canon 5D Mark IV being tested by photographers
- Monday 23 May 2016 - (1190) Recreating the original Bank of England for HP