Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
The dark is rising: As a reminder that not everything is done in post these days, Phil Rhodes looks at the problem of getting darkness just right in your productions.
Technically it was Røde owner Freedman Electronics celebrating its big five oh, but in launching five new mics, including the first ambisonic unit badged under new acquisition Soundfield, it managed to spread the celebratory mood a bit further than usual.
Phil Rhodes does some number crunching and comes up with some ballpark figures for a minimum budget for a movie that a) hires qualified people to b) produce something that c) an audience might actually want to watch. It's not cheap.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (17656) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12215) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5922) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (5918) Transform Your Video With Light Leak Overlays (+ Freebie Inside) [sponsored]
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017 - (5426) SLR Magic's Anamorphot primes: anamorphic on a (relative) budget
- Thursday 23 Feb 2017 - (292) SmallHD takes its first steps into OLED
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (919) Sony claims world’s fastest flash memory
- Wednesday 22 Feb 2017 - (1047) Fujifilm releases radical new MK lenses
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (978) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (2118) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do