Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Batteries with better performance than the currently available Li-Ion bricks aren’t exactly around the corner, but new findings hint at a huge step forward in battery technology. Two scientists are working on a solid-state battery based on glass and sodium. Will someone pass me the salt, please?
Rolling shutter is an issue at all levels of camerawork. One solution to get rid of it though is to synchronise the light frequency to the camera, and one of the few lights that actually accepts a synchronising signal from a camera is Outsight's Creamsource LED panels.
RedShark Review: Short zooms often cover the 18 to 55mm range; whether they're intended for stills or motion picture use, they're workhorses. So, Fujinon’s release of the E-mount MK 18-55mm lens for cameras with Super-35mm sensors is going to be a good fit for a lot of people.
- Tuesday 21 Mar 2017 - (14080) How to get MacBook performance for less
- Sunday 19 Mar 2017 - (13791) Why you should use prime lenses
- Tuesday 28 Mar 2017 - (11175) AMD’s Revolutionary Ryzen: Is this the chip to make you move from Intel?
- Friday 17 Mar 2017 - (10481) It’s a kinda magic… The Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro review
- Thursday 23 Mar 2017 - (6907) New HDR Ninja Inferno breaks the $1000 barrier
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (60) iClone 7 now supports ARRI, RED and Canon camera Looks
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (774) Sony highlights flagship system camera HDC-4800 at CABSAT [video]
- Thursday 30 Mar 2017 - (1254) The four things you need to shoot tethered
- Wednesday 29 Mar 2017 - (1033) Rampant Design releases new tools for Premiere Pro
- Wednesday 29 Mar 2017 - (4907) AMD's forthcoming Radeon RX Vega: greater GPU power at lower cost?