Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Whether it’s because CG is getting so good it is indistinguishable from reality or that, in this era of fake news, trust has broken down, but more and more productions now feel they have to state up front that we're watching real-world photography when something spectacular takes place on screen.
- Saturday 15 Jul 2017 - (20586) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Tuesday 18 Jul 2017 - (11417) The real purpose of the RED Hydrogen smartphone
- Saturday 22 Jul 2017 - (11145) Steadicam: The device that changed filmmaking forever
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (9143) Samsung launches HDR LED cinema screen
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (8354) Why the Moon landing was not a hoax filmed in slow motion
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (577) Nikon celebrates 100th birthday by announcing the Nikon D850
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (2805) Canon’s CN-E 18-80mm: a lot of lens for the money
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (976) Filmmakers love retro lenses... how about retro cameras?
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1805) Sony FS5 update adds ability to change minimum ISO and more
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1953) Are we at the tipping point where flash memory is the new normal?