Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Throughout history many cultures have historically found several good reasons for a feast, with associated drinking and gift-giving, in the middle of a long, grim winter. Phil Rhodes has found his own: the desire for new camera kit that works the way it should do. Here begins his fantasy wish-list of the things he'd like to find gift-wrapped under his tree in the near future.
RedShark Review: Last month’s rollout of v2.3 firmware for the Blackmagic Video Assist 4K added 3D LUTs among a range of new features and elevated the $495 base price unit from an item of intrigue to a serious component of the filmmaking toolkit.
- Sunday 8 Jan 2017 - (24358) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Friday 13 Jan 2017 - (14524) Why FCPX 10.3 is the NLE of the future
- Thursday 5 Jan 2017 - (8822) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 - (8016) RED Helium is the "best sensor ever" according to DxO
- Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 - (6522) Panasonic reveals the GH5: and it’s a stunner
- Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 - (208) This might be the tipping point for 8K
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (470) A timelapse system that works unattended for months
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (6104) Just how good is AMD's impressive new Ryzen CPU?
- Monday 16 Jan 2017 - (1079) An Apple Studios original?
- Sunday 15 Jan 2017 - (1343) Premiere Pro Video Transitions 101: A Step-by-Step Guide [sponsored]