Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
We know big chips are better for light capture and dynamic range. But does a larger chip produce a quantifiably better picture geometry than a smaller one? Can we even define what those extra qualities are? Phil Rhodes investigates whether it can be proven, or whether it is all just hot air.
When it comes to filming, the camera you own is often not as important as the support gear you have. Phil Rhodes investigates some of the most important parts of the equipment bag you shouldn't be without, while avoiding giving your bank account cause for concern.
Inevitably whenever a new piece of tech is introduced into consumer electronics, it can start us on a journey to opening up new possibilities for other applications. The facial capture on the iPhone X is no exception as this video shows.
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (55532) How to understand waveform and vector displays
- Sunday 7 Jan 2018 - (53929) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Sunday 14 Jan 2018 - (51388) RAID: Everything you need to know
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (11028) Panasonic unveils the GH5S: a new GH5 firmly aimed at video
- Tuesday 2 Jan 2018 - (7800) FCP X 10.4 - the best update yet to the highly capable software
- Tuesday 16 Jan 2018 - (566) Remember the Apertus AXIOM? Here's the latest update
- Tuesday 16 Jan 2018 - (2611) What is the state of the art in PC graphics?
- Tuesday 16 Jan 2018 - (736) Kyno media management software receives major update
- Monday 15 Jan 2018 - (1914) Is it wrong to grade on a consumer monitor?
- Monday 15 Jan 2018 - (1019) Rokinon releases 14mm F2.8 AF prime for Canon EF mount