Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
The dark is rising: As a reminder that not everything is done in post these days, Phil Rhodes looks at the problem of getting darkness just right in your productions.
Technically it was Røde owner Freedman Electronics celebrating its big five oh, but in launching five new mics, including the first ambisonic unit badged under new acquisition Soundfield, it managed to spread the celebratory mood a bit further than usual.
Phil Rhodes does some number crunching and comes up with some ballpark figures for a minimum budget for a movie that a) hires qualified people to b) produce something that c) an audience might actually want to watch. It's not cheap.
- Friday 17 Feb 2017 - (16786) Panasonic GH5 Review: the first full hands-on report
- Sunday 19 Feb 2017 - (12062) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Monday 6 Feb 2017 - (10890) Blackmagic just made broadcasting cheaper and easier
- Tuesday 7 Feb 2017 - (7103) Sony launches documentary film contest [sponsored]
- Tuesday 14 Feb 2017 - (5803) DJI Osmo Mobile: good run and gun on a budget?
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (82) Phantom Flex4K adds global shutter to high speed options
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (220) Planet Earth II to showcase what UHD Blu-ray can really do
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1143) Sony’s new FE lenses: a first hands-on
- Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - (1051) The Accusys Thunderbolt T3 is fast shared storage for your Thunderbolt devices [sponsored]
- Monday 20 Feb 2017 - (911) RedShark Live: How to shoot for HDR