Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Earlier this year, Apple discontinued support for Quicktime on Windows. This could rapidly become a problem for editors everywhere as, with its passing, they lose the ability to decode ProRes on the platform and the big vendors are all 'still working' on a solution.
Phil Rhodes completes his tour round the stands and halls of this year’s IBC with a look at the surprising good picture quality of videowalls, not to mention some of the products that may have escaped attention elsewhere.
Notes from IBC2016 Day Three: As Phil Rhodes finds out, size really isn’t everything, and sometimes the innovation that counts can be as mundane as a clamp that stops your Thunderbolt cables falling out in the slightest breeze.
- Wednesday 19 Oct 2016 - (94386) 8K is not the future of TV. We think 21:9 Ultra Widescreen is instead. Here's why...
- Saturday 15 Oct 2016 - (38788) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 11 Oct 2016 - (22486) RED launches not one, but two 8K cameras [Update - now with product video]
- Saturday 8 Oct 2016 - (14847) The art of Colour Rendering
- Sunday 9 Oct 2016 - (6553) BenQ’s impressive PV3200PT UHD display reviewed
- Sunday 23 Oct 2016 - (305) A still image that is so beautiful: Antares rocket launch long exposure
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1290) What happens when you put a 1000W LED onto a drone?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1058) The end of shaky video?
- Friday 21 Oct 2016 - (1366) What Convergent has done with Titan shows the way to capturing all camera angles at once
- Thursday 20 Oct 2016 - (5340) The state of Solid State Drives in 2016