Patrick Jong Taylor
Patrick Jong Taylor is the North American Editor of RedShark News. He is also Co-Founder of Blinkset.com, a new social platform featuring high-speed image playback, and a Strategist for bigSTORY, a business consultancy specializing in agile communication strategies.
While the overwhelming trend in virtual reality centers around head mounted displays, companies with years of VR-related experience use projection-based systems and other technology to transform physical spaces for immersion.
In a packed NAB conference room, Lytro revealed the first film shot with its massive, 755 megapixel light field Cinema Camera. But, for all its size, the camera wasn't the only elephant in the room.
Creative Cloud, as well as the constituent programs that have become something of a bedrock software suite for video professionals, are expanding to include tools for virtual reality content creation alongside other new features and improvements.
The former CG Student Awards has rebranded as an International Awards for young designers, creators, innovators, and artists. And more to the point entries, which this year have been expanded out to twelve categories across many disciplines, are now open.
- Saturday 30 Apr 2016 - (27642) All about sensors, lenses and depth of field.
- Sunday 24 Apr 2016 - (21441) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 26 Apr 2016 - (9071) The world's smallest 4K interchangeable lens camera
- Monday 18 Apr 2016 - (6456) Dramatic updates for URSA Mini and new products from Blackmagic
- Friday 22 Apr 2016 - (6282) RedShark NAB Awards - The Results
- Tuesday 3 May 2016 - (143) Canon's EOS-1D X Mark II is available immediately
- Monday 2 May 2016 - (494) New 3-axis stabilisers from Gudsen
- Monday 2 May 2016 - (939) Will the Lytro Cinema Camera kill off the 2D pixel?
- Monday 2 May 2016 - (942) And the winner of the Panasonic DVX200 is...
- Sunday 1 May 2016 - (1059) Sony updates following Kumamoto earthquakes